December 21, 2014 | 1908 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Clinique - Anti Gravity Eye Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ah Clinique.... the first "grown-up" skincare system I used at the urging of my more sophisticated friend back in my late teens. She raved about it so I gave it a try, shelling out $30+ of my minimum wage earnings every few months for refills. Stopped after a few years as I became more educated on skincare, my own skin's needs and realized it was just meh...

But one thing about Clinique, they have a handsome ad budget because they are everywhere and never fail to make an editor's "must-have list", which I've learned to avoid like the plague - since they're mostly pushing advertised/sponsored products. But after curing myself of an ugly bout of severely dried out skin around the eyes, I was desperate for a new and effective eye cream for the aftermath.

I was excited by the gift-with-purchase deal which is typical for Clinique, however, I don't usually buy skincare in stores anymore so I don't partake in such tempting promos. Oh but the kit! A gorgeous lipstick shade and cute pouch brought out the product lover in me all over again.

The price for this eye cream is $38, not so bad if it works and too expensive if it doesn't. And for me, it doesn't.

My first attempt was back in September when things calmed down with my eyes. I applied this cream and I wish I could say it didn't do anything, that would've been nice. But instead it irritated my eyes and caused puffiness and itchiness. I looked like I'd been crying, fighting or aging rapidly. It was awful. But I wanted to be sure, so I waited a month and tried again...same result. Itchy, puffy, irritated, fight-club eyes.

This was a definite fail for me. But here's the catcher, that free gift contained another eye cream which is my holy-grail lifesaver! Younger, firmer, smoother skin/lines/wrinkles. Completely rejuvenated my face and at 39 - that's a great feeling! I just posted that review as well.

So, I can't diss Clinique as a whole because by purchasing the wrong eye cream, I stumbled across the right one for free.... kinda, sorta..

Bottom Line: Nope, I'm going to try to return this one but if they ask for the free gift back, I'm just going to pass it on to a family member and enjoy my freebies.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by vaskat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I started using it after college when I found it in a friends bathroom cabinet and she said it seemed to really work well not only around the eyes but also around the nose, and mouth. I am 48 but look 38, and when I go in to the store and try new things the ladies are always saying my skin is very firm for my age. I use it only twice a week, seems enough for me. My normal routine is Caress soap and water, no makeup most days, staying out of the sun, and Noxema tinted moisturizer with SPF 15 the last 10 years. I am aging and see that my skin is starting to sag, but I really think the reason I don't have lines is this product. I now live in Europe and travel alot but I am seeing that this isn't offered at the duty free shops anymore, its quite upsetting.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by kmbmotz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

People always say take care of your skin since your 20's. I decided to take it seriously... I bought this eye cream, I love it! Absorbs quickly its not oily and doesn't affect the application of makeup. For hygiene reasons, I do not like the little jar. This cream lasted me for a year and I used it daily. I really do not know if it helps (I just have tiny fine lines) nonetheless my skin under my eyes feels great after applying. I would buy it again gladly, sadly, this product is not sold in Germany :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by crayna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not a huge fan of the jar packaging for hygiene reasons, but this is my favorite eye cream! I'm not sure if it does do any kind of lifting since I'm only 25 and don't have that problem yet. However, it feels amazing when I put it on & keeps my undereye area for hydrated. I think a lot of the negative reviews are from people who are using to much. I just dab a bit on & have no problem with it drying or being to thick. I would defiantly repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by IrishWater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ended up with this eye cream after the sales assistant gave it to me instead of the 'All About Eyes' cream. As I bought it in another country, I didn't realise it was the wrong cream until I got home.

Anyway I decided to read some reviews of it, and although they were mixed, I decided to give it a try anyway.

I used it until it ran out, its lasted me about two months maybe, and it did nothing for me. It didn't brighten my eyes or anything, after paying £30 for it, I was less than impressed, especially as I had been using the 'all about eyes' cream which I felt worked for me. It helped my dark circles, brightened up the areas around my eyes and helped those little lines I have.

Definitely do not recommend, if you want an eye cream, go for the all about eyes, it works!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

not entirely sure if this helps reduce the appearance of lines yet, but it does keep my undereye area moisturized and does NOT cause milia which was one of my main concerns. yay! will follow and report back.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Supatoon

I wasn't a fan of this at first. I felt it took too long to dry, and just kind of sat on top of my skin. But over time I learned how to work with it. I get up pretty early each morning for work. I apply it right after washing my face, and then do some morning chores. Come back after about 10 min and apply my moisturizer all over, wait another 5 minutes, and then apply makeup.
My under eyes look hydrated all through the day and my makeup stays put nicely.
I have gone through two bottles over the years, and have never had any irritation or milia from it. At one point I tried a different product and it was terrible. It was amazing to see the difference!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by marie85

This is the worst eye cream I've ever used. It made my undereyes so dry, the fine lines showed up clearer than ever. The cream also has a very thick consistency, which made applying concealer over it a challenge. I'm never touching this stuff again!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2012 7:00:00 AM More reviews by CStarr5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was going to buy this cream until I learned it has Methylparaben as an ingredient.Parabens are known to cause cancer.I will avoid this product and buy one that is paraben-free.Very disappointing because it has great reviews, Clinique should consider making all of their products paraben-free.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Rina7

I really like this eye cream. I needed an under eye cream with some more "umph", and the Clinique SA recommended this to me. It is very moisturizing, and seems to last all day. Usually my under eye area gets lined and crepey towards the end of the day, but it gets much less so with this cream. I have sensitive eyes and skin, but haven't noticed any irritation like in the other reviews--but then again, I don't apply up to my lash line, or on my upper lids. Very happy with this product.