December 19, 2014 | 1679 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Da Bling

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by jewelmeow

not as pigmented as i would like it to be, but it shows up on my lids. nice texture and smooth to apply with minimal fallout.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Da bling has quite a strong gold undertone to the pink once applied on my lids. At first I thought it looked a little like Swish, but swish is a true bright pink where as da bling is a mid tone pink with gold undertones. It's strange because I didn't notice the gold until I looked in the mirror and noticed how washed out I looked a little later...right away I knew it was the eye shadow. It's almost as if it oxidizes from pink to pinkish gold. Same thing happend when I tried Clinique's strawberry fudge eye shadow duo a few years back. The goldish pink shade just doesn't work well with my skin. If you like Clinique strawberry fudge then try this...it's not the same but it does have similar tones in it that would work for some people....just not me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by hapapower

I remember my hesitation at adding this shade to my collection, as it looked like a shimmery bright fuschia-pink in the pan and just not my cup of tea. As the months and years went by and I would scramble for a nice shade which would lend a gentle pop of warmth, I turned to Swish but didn't get the color payoff I wanted. Then one day I grabbed Da Bling by mistake and was rewarded with a decent color payoff, no garish or overly bright pink on my NC35 Eurasian skin, but a warm, believable blush of color which made the rest of the shades I had applied on my lids awaken as if by magic.

I could see how on paler skins this shade might be a bit on the bright side, but only if a primer is used and a lot of e/s is layered to get the color payoff. I have never had this issue on my skin because I am darker, and am thankful for it. There are frequent occasions when I may notice a slight flatness or lack of dimension in my lid e/s application regardless of the shades used...Da Bling ALWAYS corrects this, without fail. I love this layered over the following MAC e/s shades at the inner to mid-lid:

Texture
Haux
Ego
BrownDown

This also tones DOWN Cranberry and just makes it look feminine and lovely.

LOVE love love this shade. HG status. I hit pan and have repurchased already.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by seharden135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first Mac eyeshadow I've ever tried, and I really liked it. I wasn't too crazy about the color, because it was more red than pink, and I thought it was more pink. I still love it though, because it's highly pigmented, and it last all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

Of the MAC shadows I've tried, this one was the most disappointing (the others were great!). It's a frost finish so it's not quite as pigmented as the other finishes and it's a little chalky. It is a really pretty shade of pink but you need to build it up a bit. If I could go back in time, I probably would have picked a different pink.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by marianab16

First at all: I don't like pink shades but I had to have one, so I bought Da Bling. Nothing special. Light pink, easy to apply, perfect for everyday look, if you like pink shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by nmhidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Da Bling was recommended by a girl at the Pro store and I LOVE it! For quite a while my go-to look had all that glitters on the lid with a little Da Bling in the crease and outer V. This builds up very nicely, has great pigmentation. I have almost hit pan on this baby :]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by koreangirl237

Pink Pink is always my fav shade. for some reasons, the colour from the pictures on maccosmetics.com do not show up right. I thought the swish was prettier but I went to the store and try this on and ended up loving it. :) I use this with Parfait armour.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 6:25:00 AM More reviews by painterlyrose

A perfect everyday pink. It's light but not pastel, it's colour but not bright or loud.
Can be worn on all skin tones because it's not cool like a fuchsia like Swish is and though it leans warm, it doesn't so much that cooler skintones can't wear it.

This was one of my first eyeshadows and it is still a favourite of mine. It's pigmented but the colour isn't supposed to be vibrant" so don't be mislead. Perfect everyday colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Only reason i wouldn't repurchase is because i don't fancy pinks on me. Even tried is as a dramatic highlighter on a purple looks.
However this is one pink e/s i can pull of without looking sick or barbielike. So if you like pinks on the lid, i would recomment this!