Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

4.2

Aqua (Water,Eau),Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,PPG-26-Buteth-26,Ethylhexyl Salicylate,PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Parfum (Fragrance),Sodium Chloride,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Diazolidinyl Urea,CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 45410 (Red 28),CI 19140 (Yellow 5)

on 3/22/2015 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It didn't do anything....

on 1/27/2015 9:32:00 PM

Great for acne, great for taking off that last bit of dirt/makeup on your face, and it doesn't sting or irritate the skin. I know it says not to use on open pimples or whatever, but I've found that it actually makes them dry up and shrink the next day after applying. The whole bottle lasted me a year and I used it practically every day! However, when I repurchased I was surprised to find that the color has changed (it's now a light lilac color) and they've added a few more non-natural ingredients. I haven't used the new formula for long enough to confidently say if it's negatively affected my skin.

Well, I never give anything a holy grail status, but I must say... This is a game changer for me. By the end of my senior year of college, my skin went through a horrible change where I was breaking out severely and had never seen it in such a bad state. All of my previously tried and true products (salicylic acid, clindamycin phosphate, and sufacetamide) did nothing to alleviate the symptoms, and perhaps even made them worse. Now not only did I have a lot of active breakouts, but I also had deep and dark scarring. I became so self conscious about my skin and was worried it would never go back to a presentable state. I randomly picked this up on a whim since I had heard glycolic acid was great for hyperpigmentation, and the other ones I had tried broke me out (Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion 10%). Now let me just say, this stuff definitely BURNED when I initially started using it, to the point where I was almost discouraged from continuing. My skin became so sensitive and dry that whenever I would start sweating, my face would actually start itching and become extremely uncomfortable. But within two weeks I started noticing that my acne scars were fading away significantly, and that a lot of the current breakouts I was suffering with were reduced. I've never seen such AMAZING results from a single product, and while my skin is definitely far from perfect now, I'm actually shocked at how much it's improved. However, it's also important to note that the toner has also totally changed the texture/nature of my skin. My once extremely oily face is now very dry, sensitive, and much more prone to flakiness (which now has me on the hunt for the perfect moisturizer), but I'm willing to deal with all of this as I found something that has worked wonders on me. If you've been suffering through terrible bouts of acne and feel like you've tried a lot of things to no avail, give this a try for at least a week or two. I can't recommend this enough!

on 12/22/2014 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love! My mom says every woman has a "skincare line" meaning, their are certain brands that just work better than others for your skin (my mom's is Clinique, my yiayia's is Lancome…) and after noticing the increased dryness in my cheeks and the fine lines around my eyes become more apparent, I thought it was about time to step up my skin game and find my skincare line. After browsing around a couple of sites and taking stock of what I was currently using, I settled on Mario Badescu and bought this along with the Cleansing Milk with Carnation & Rice Oil Cleanser and the Oil-Free SPF Moisturizer and think I've found my skincare line.

Skin Type: Combo-Dry, Sensitive & Acne-prone, with the occasional cystic breakout.

Starting Date: Nov. 1st 2014

Pros: Definitely helps keep skin feeling and looking bright and clean, I use this morning and night and have seen an improvement in my skin, not only pore size and visibility, but dryness decreased, fine-lines less visible, pigmentation slowly fading and my favorite - NO ANIMAL TESTING!!

Cons: Kind-of stings but nothing that lasts more than a few seconds, doesn't prevent acne but doesn't encouraging it either.
continued >>

Why does this product have artificial coloring? :( anyway, I tried this product to help with my blackhead ridden nose. (I currently use ocm, acv toner, & urban decay bb cream) I tried this toner at the store, and it cleared my nose instantly! I bought it! Finally a cure, until later that day I looked at my nose and saw it make all the tiny blackhead "holes" bleed.... My nose was scabbed!!! What the heck.... My nose was so rough, it hurt, and it took a few days to heal. What a disappointment!

on 8/2/2014 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Not suitable for my sensitive skin. While it dried up all of the blackheads on my nose, it also left it red and raw. I also noticed a few unusual bumps popped up when I began using this.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I'm having some positive results with a few of Mario Badescu's products throughout the years. This is the newest product that I picked up from the brand. I think this particular product is a game changer for me. I have adult mild to on rare occasions moderate and severe bouts of hormonal acne. I can have extremely clear skin to having about 20 blemishes all at once. It comes and goes in waves. Thankfully, the more severe bouts are very rare. Nothing seems to really work (topical or oral) during those very bad bouts. I also have very oily skin that is prone to clogs. Experiencing with several toners, I've realized that even though my skin is oily, it can't handle witch hazel or large amounts of alcohol. Those two ingredients seem to make my skin worse. Lost at sea, I didn't really know where else to turn? Toners either have witch hazel or alcohol or irritating oils like peppermint and eucalytpus. After researching online, I came to this glycolic acid toner. This is what my skin likes! It doesn't burn. It effectively lifts up dead skin and gives an added boost in cleansing the skin. It has a soothing soft scent. It doesn't dry out my skin nor does it leave a greasy residue behind. It doesn't cause breakouts. It is everything I was looking for in a toner! HOWEVER, with everything else in life, I never read the instructions. I made the first mistake of applying this to active acne and it caused my skin to be red and angry but it didn't create more acne, it just basically pissed off the existing acne. So, make sure you use this on clear days or avoid areas where there is active acne. I find that this toner really brings life to my skin. It is a gentle chemical exfoliator and provides such a glow to the skin. It is gentle enough to use daily. Simpe good ingredients. Nothing in here will irritate your skin. Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua),Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice) Gel,Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis Fruit) Extract, Glycolic Acid. Also, very affordable for a clinical type brand. 8oz bottle is $18.00.

on 7/22/2014 1:00:00 AM

My son had mild to moderate acne on his forehead which started when he was about twelve. He is fourteen now. He has used over the counter products such as mario badescu drying lotion andThursday Plantation tea tree acne medicated get as well as prescription meds like Duac and Aczone. NOTHING WORKed. 5 months ago I bought this glycolic acid toner for him. What worked for him was popping his whiteheads and using this toner in the evening on his nose and forehead after his shower. It has cleared up his acne and acne scars 100%. I really love, love, love , love this product because it continues to keep him clear.

I was hesitant about buying this toner at first. Purely because 1) I hardly EVER used to spend decent money on skincare, limited to a cheap drugstore facial cleanser and occasionally, a moisturizer that probably did more harm than good, and 2) I was ignorant enough to think that I could get away with that. When really, a lot of the problems that I had with my skin (blemishes, pigmentation, generally bad skin texture) that I thought would never go away, could have been avoided this whole time by just finding the right product.

I had some birthday money to burn in the beautiful and pristine skincare section at Myer, and spoke to a nice shop girl who pointed me in the direction of some products that would actually help me. One of them being the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid toner.
I'd never even really understood the need for toners before I used this one because every other toner I had used had just stung, and dried out my skin until its texture resembled lizard scales. But I'm glad I bought it, because I truly believe this product is a miracle!!

The first time I used it it stung a little, but that was probably because I had such a build up of dead skin cells. But after only a couple of weeks using it 1-2 times a day, my skin feels dramatically improved. It's actually amazing! The texture of my skin is softer and smoother than its ever been before, and my acne/blemishes are quickly disappearing. My freckles and red marks are also fading as well! Also the toner eating away all the dead skin allows for other products, like the new moisturizer I have been using, Meishoku's Organic Rose Skin Conditioning Gel (which I also highly recommend) to penetrate my skin and actually perform the way they're sposed to. So my skin is able to feel 100% hydrated!

I like the packaging as well. The little lift up nozzle is perfect for pouring the right amount onto a cotton pad.

This product receives a 5/5!

on 7/4/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a total HG product for me. It has made my life better in so many ways. I have skin that is extremely oily and sensitive. It cannot tolerate salicylic acid or lactic acid (both of which give me a hideous rash) but for some reason, it's fine with glycolic. This toner is alcohol-free as well, which is even better.
The first time I used this, I felt it work instantly. It gave my skin this burning tingle, which I knew was not synthetically manufactured by menthol or alcohol. I let the toner dry down for a moment (maybe 30 seconds) and then spritzed my face with rose water (as is my regular routine). Then I applied my moisturizer and settled in with a book. After a few hours, I began to notice that my face felt remarkably different from how it usually feels at that point in the night. It felt CLEAN and soft and not greasy. When I woke up in the morning, my face (which is usually an oily mess by morning) was matte and dry (in a good way) and not oily AT ALL! I was shocked, and began to wonder if the toner had dried my skin out. But it felt perfectly comfortable and, in fact, very soft. I then realized that that wasn't the feeling of dried-out skin; that was the feeling of my moisturizer ACTUALLY PENETRATING MY SKIN for the first time now that the glycolic acid had broken down that disgusting top layer of dead skin sitting on my face. Because of this wonderful toner, my skin was FINALLY able to drink up the moisture it needed.
I also noticed that after my very first use of the product, my blackheads were GONE (GONE! COMPLETELY GONE! Effects as good as sitting there with a blackhead extractor for 20 minutes, but minus all the squeezing and redness and damage to my pores!) and my skin no longer gets oily throughout the day. It just feels silky, sheer, matte, perfect. It is also clearing up my stubborn acne scars, making my pores appear smaller, making my face look smooth and healthy and radiant… I just love this toner so much. Amazing ingredients with no harsh fillers, incredible results… THIS is the fountain of youth!!!!!!!!

Top Rated Mario Badescu Products