Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

4.1

Aqua (Water,Eau),Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,PPG-26-Buteth-26,Ethylhexyl Salicylate,PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Parfum (Fragrance),Sodium Chloride,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Diazolidinyl Urea,CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 45410 (Red 28),CI 19140 (Yellow 5)

on 4/20/2015 12:35:00 AM

I am about to turn 30 and am becoming more and more concerned with fine lines and skin texture. In the 2 months I have been using this product I have seen my frown lines fade and my skin have a soft smooth texture and glow. I have never had serious skin problems. Occasional pimple generally at the time of the month, a bit of red hyperpigmentation around my nose and the odd black head. I haven't really noticed that this has had any effect on those issues, but the fine lines and skin smoothing is a win in my book.

on 4/14/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a month now, but I'm not quite sure about how I feel about this product. I'm new to the toner game, I normally just wash my face and moisturize.

About my skin:
- Oily, at least prior to using this product.
- Although oily, very minimal acne breakouts.
- Blackheads on my nose
- Visible pores on my cheeks

This toner comes in a pretty sizeable bottle. People keep saying that the color has changed, but I ordered from the Mario Badescu website in March 2015, and my product is still blue. I use this after cleansing and I am glad to see that it removes excess dirt and oil that didn't get washed off by my cleanser. It stings like heck, but my skin isn't sensitive so it doesn't bother me for long. I did notice that my blackheads were going away. However, I did see a change in my skin's texture. I used to have pretty smooth skin, but now my skin looks like it's a little bumpy. I also did not have dryness to my skin before, and now I feel like my skin is more combination/oily skin with some visible dry patches. Maybe the glycolic acid is a little too much for my skin, so I probably won't repurchase. It's a shame! I really wanted to like this product.

PROS:
- Skin feels so smooth after application.
- Gets rid of leftover dirt and makeup from cleansing.
- Decreased, but did not eliminate blackheads.
- Bottle feels like it will last forever.

CONS:
- Sometimes can sting like crazy, for a few minutes.
- Made my skin dry and created dry patches when I had none before
- Face will become shiny, but not in an oily kind of way. It looks like your face is coated with skin-tightening plastic.
- Did not see lasting effects after my greaseball of a face started getting oily again.

on 4/3/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I genuinely can't see any difference in my skin after using this for months. Expensive for what it is. Will not rebuy.

on 3/22/2015 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It didn't do anything....

on 1/27/2015 9:32:00 PM

Great for acne, great for taking off that last bit of dirt/makeup on your face, and it doesn't sting or irritate the skin. I know it says not to use on open pimples or whatever, but I've found that it actually makes them dry up and shrink the next day after applying. The whole bottle lasted me a year and I used it practically every day! However, when I repurchased I was surprised to find that the color has changed (it's now a light lilac color) and they've added a few more non-natural ingredients. I haven't used the new formula for long enough to confidently say if it's negatively affected my skin.

Well, I never give anything a holy grail status, but I must say... This is a game changer for me. By the end of my senior year of college, my skin went through a horrible change where I was breaking out severely and had never seen it in such a bad state. All of my previously tried and true products (salicylic acid, clindamycin phosphate, and sufacetamide) did nothing to alleviate the symptoms, and perhaps even made them worse. Now not only did I have a lot of active breakouts, but I also had deep and dark scarring. I became so self conscious about my skin and was worried it would never go back to a presentable state. I randomly picked this up on a whim since I had heard glycolic acid was great for hyperpigmentation, and the other ones I had tried broke me out (Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion 10%). Now let me just say, this stuff definitely BURNED when I initially started using it, to the point where I was almost discouraged from continuing. My skin became so sensitive and dry that whenever I would start sweating, my face would actually start itching and become extremely uncomfortable. But within two weeks I started noticing that my acne scars were fading away significantly, and that a lot of the current breakouts I was suffering with were reduced. I've never seen such AMAZING results from a single product, and while my skin is definitely far from perfect now, I'm actually shocked at how much it's improved. However, it's also important to note that the toner has also totally changed the texture/nature of my skin. My once extremely oily face is now very dry, sensitive, and much more prone to flakiness (which now has me on the hunt for the perfect moisturizer), but I'm willing to deal with all of this as I found something that has worked wonders on me. If you've been suffering through terrible bouts of acne and feel like you've tried a lot of things to no avail, give this a try for at least a week or two. I can't recommend this enough!

on 12/22/2014 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My mom says every woman has a "skincare line" meaning, their are certain brands that just work better than others for your skin (my mom's is Clinique, my yiayia's is Lancome…) and after noticing the increased dryness in my cheeks and the fine lines around my eyes become more apparent, I thought it was about time to step up my skin game and find my skincare line. After browsing around a couple of sites and taking stock of what I was currently using, I settled on Mario Badescu and bought this along with the Cleansing Milk with Carnation & Rice Oil Cleanser and the Oil-Free SPF Moisturizer and think I've found my skincare line.

Skin Type: Combo-Dry, Sensitive & Acne-prone, with the occasional cystic breakout.

Starting Date: Nov. 1st 2014

Pros: Definitely helps keep skin feeling and looking bright and clean, I use this morning and night and have seen an improvement in my skin, not only pore size and visibility, but dryness decreased, fine-lines less visible, pigmentation slowly fading and my favorite - NO ANIMAL TESTING!!

Cons: Kind-of stings but nothing that lasts more than a few seconds, doesn't prevent acne but doesn't encouraging it either.
continued >>

Why does this product have artificial coloring? :( anyway, I tried this product to help with my blackhead ridden nose. (I currently use ocm, acv toner, & urban decay bb cream) I tried this toner at the store, and it cleared my nose instantly! I bought it! Finally a cure, until later that day I looked at my nose and saw it make all the tiny blackhead "holes" bleed.... My nose was scabbed!!! What the heck.... My nose was so rough, it hurt, and it took a few days to heal. What a disappointment!

on 8/2/2014 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Not suitable for my sensitive skin. While it dried up all of the blackheads on my nose, it also left it red and raw. I also noticed a few unusual bumps popped up when I began using this.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I'm having some positive results with a few of Mario Badescu's products throughout the years. This is the newest product that I picked up from the brand. I think this particular product is a game changer for me. I have adult mild to on rare occasions moderate and severe bouts of hormonal acne. I can have extremely clear skin to having about 20 blemishes all at once. It comes and goes in waves. Thankfully, the more severe bouts are very rare. Nothing seems to really work (topical or oral) during those very bad bouts. I also have very oily skin that is prone to clogs. Experiencing with several toners, I've realized that even though my skin is oily, it can't handle witch hazel or large amounts of alcohol. Those two ingredients seem to make my skin worse. Lost at sea, I didn't really know where else to turn? Toners either have witch hazel or alcohol or irritating oils like peppermint and eucalytpus. After researching online, I came to this glycolic acid toner. This is what my skin likes! It doesn't burn. It effectively lifts up dead skin and gives an added boost in cleansing the skin. It has a soothing soft scent. It doesn't dry out my skin nor does it leave a greasy residue behind. It doesn't cause breakouts. It is everything I was looking for in a toner! HOWEVER, with everything else in life, I never read the instructions. I made the first mistake of applying this to active acne and it caused my skin to be red and angry but it didn't create more acne, it just basically pissed off the existing acne. So, make sure you use this on clear days or avoid areas where there is active acne. I find that this toner really brings life to my skin. It is a gentle chemical exfoliator and provides such a glow to the skin. It is gentle enough to use daily. Simpe good ingredients. Nothing in here will irritate your skin. Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua),Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice) Gel,Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis Fruit) Extract, Glycolic Acid. Also, very affordable for a clinical type brand. 8oz bottle is $18.00.

Top Rated Mario Badescu Products