Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

Aqua (Water,Eau),Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,PPG-26-Buteth-26,Ethylhexyl Salicylate,PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Parfum (Fragrance),Sodium Chloride,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Diazolidinyl Urea,CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 45410 (Red 28),CI 19140 (Yellow 5)

on 9/30/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product! Amazing value and I am loving my results

on 9/21/2015 3:51:00 PM

this is one of the most confusing products ever. My first bottle, was clear and it stung any pimples i had - a small and pleasant sting that felt like the product worked and worked it did. Did amazing wonders for my skin - smoothed it out and didn't irritate my skin that the wash did.

My second and third bottle, i bought from the online store and it was blue - i felt as if it didn't do much at all, smelled different, more fruity and just different. The colour was different, ingredients were as well so I asked the mario badescu sales rep online and they said the clear colour was due to the "UV light in the store that changed the colour". I have to say this is a bunch of lies.

I finally found another clear bottle and everything is different about it - this is what the labels say:

Clear bottle:
(for C,D skin types)
ingredients: aqua, propylene glycol, glycolic acid, citrus grandis fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leafe juice, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, ethlhexyl methosycinnamate, ppg-26-buteth-26, ethlyhexyl salicylate, peg-40, hydrogenated castor oil, parfum, sodium choloride, methylparaben, propylparaben, diazolidinyl urea, CI 42090, CI 45410, CI 19140

Blue bottle:
(for D, S skin types)
ingredients: doionized water, alo vera gel, grapefruit extract, glycolic acid.

First of all, although there are some wierd ingredients I can barely make out in the clear bottle, it works for me. But it's CLEAR despite the 3 blue red and yellow colouring in it. The blue one doesn't even have any colouring listed in the ingredients - doesn't make sense to me.

on 9/1/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This stuff was very so so for me. I want to first state that I have mild/moderate acne but started using this toner with 100% clear skin. I previously used Mizon AHA & BHA daily toner but since its a Korean brand product (they are seriously way ahead in the skin care game), it's extremely hard to find without paying some exorbitant shipping fee. The Mizon toner I've come to realize was the ONLY reason my skin became completely clear and perfect, I did not change anything in my skincare routine other than the toner. Although this toner didn't cause me to have any severe breakouts, it sure has heck didn't prevent any acne! My mild/moderate acne has come back slowly but surely. I believe it has to do with the ph of the product not being optimal for AHA's to work. NOTE on the bottle there is no percentage even given for the glycolic acid. So I'm back to searching for an HG toner.

on 8/25/2015 2:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've been eyeing this toner for quite some time. I wanted to try it so bad because I heard so many good reviews about it, but I was put off by the price tag. But I decided to give it a try anyway in a hope of getting better and less oily skin.

So I did try it for a week. At first, I noticed it make my skin very wet and moist (in a very uncomfortable way). It felt like it didn't absorb too well into my skin. Then, I noticed my skin starts getting small bumps on my forehead and a few whiteheads. And it gets worse after a few days using it. So I went back to my old toner and my skin went to normal. Since then, I stopped using it because every single time I apply it back again on my skin, I start getting whiteheads and small bumps again. Or even worse, one or two cystic acne will appear too.
Hence, I will not repurchase this toner again. I guess it suits everyone else but for oily skin like me, I don't think so,

on 8/2/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Let me preface by saying I know it's really strange - and usually would be considered incredibly unfair - to give a product such a terrible review when I have only used it once. I even feel kind of guilty about that, especially given that I put a lot of thought into my reviews and try to use products long enough to give a fair and accurate review. But based on my experience with the terrible ingredients in MB's Keratoplast Cream Cleanser which I used quite a few times which are also in this toner, I just feel compelled to shoot out a warning here. Plus since the allergen ingredients and parabens are exactly the same, its warranted and makes sense. I would give this toner zero stars if it were an option.

I purchased this because I needed a gentler glyco toner than the one I am currently using (which is 10%) because I am prepping to begin using prescription Retin-A, so I thought I would give this a try (its only 2%). Although I do have dry skin, glyco and lactic toners much stronger/more concentrated do not make my skin dry and red like this one did. I knew right away there was an issue because my face was red for quite a while after use = major irritation. I felt like I had toned with regular ole alcohol; my skin was stripped of all moisture and felt terrible. It was also pretty immediate that I figured out the additives in this toner were counterproductive - my much stronger glyco toners never do this as they have an excellent balance of pure and skin loving ingredients which help to moisturize. Unfortunately I did not read the ingredients (in either the cleanser or this toner) beforehand - and even if I did, I wouldn't have known what the heck Imidazolidinyl urea or Diazolidinyl Urea (the stronger concentration of the prior) was anyhow. Apparently these/this ingredient is a formaldehyde releasing agent that can be extremely irritating and cause allergic reactions in many people. It is also believed to be toxic and carcinogenic, and apparently most medical professionals and dermas want people to completely avoid usage of anything containing it. And if this weren't enough to deter you from trying this product, check out the long list of parabens in this toner - its outrageous.

I am in complete shock that Mario B, who also runs a very respected derma spa/skin treatment clinic on the east coast, is adding this ingredient to so many products. Surely there must be another preservative to take its place! I mean, I have never seen it used in any of the other products I use or love. Not to mention didn't they get the memo on parabens? Which leads me to my other issue/head scratcher: what version of this are other reviewers using that supposedly only contains 4 ingredients? My newly purchased/fresh bottle from Ulta lists 18 ingredients, most of which are known to be questionable. And last but not least: This product doesn't have a high enough % of glyco in it to provide benefits! That's yet another slap in the face to consumers.

I highly recommend staying away from this product. My intention is not to bash all MB's products, I am sure there are some that are great (how can there not be with such a diverse line of items to chose from?). But PLEASE read the ingredients beforehand (as they are listed on his www and do additional research. [NOTE: If you want a blow-by-blow accounting of how my skin reacted to these ingredients, please read my review on the Keratoplast Cream Cleanser]

on 4/20/2015 12:35:00 AM

I am about to turn 30 and am becoming more and more concerned with fine lines and skin texture. In the 2 months I have been using this product I have seen my frown lines fade and my skin have a soft smooth texture and glow. I have never had serious skin problems. Occasional pimple generally at the time of the month, a bit of red hyperpigmentation around my nose and the odd black head. I haven't really noticed that this has had any effect on those issues, but the fine lines and skin smoothing is a win in my book.

on 4/14/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a month now, but I'm not quite sure about how I feel about this product. I'm new to the toner game, I normally just wash my face and moisturize.

About my skin:
- Oily, at least prior to using this product.
- Although oily, very minimal acne breakouts.
- Blackheads on my nose
- Visible pores on my cheeks

This toner comes in a pretty sizeable bottle. People keep saying that the color has changed, but I ordered from the Mario Badescu website in March 2015, and my product is still blue. I use this after cleansing and I am glad to see that it removes excess dirt and oil that didn't get washed off by my cleanser. It stings like heck, but my skin isn't sensitive so it doesn't bother me for long. I did notice that my blackheads were going away. However, I did see a change in my skin's texture. I used to have pretty smooth skin, but now my skin looks like it's a little bumpy. I also did not have dryness to my skin before, and now I feel like my skin is more combination/oily skin with some visible dry patches. Maybe the glycolic acid is a little too much for my skin, so I probably won't repurchase. It's a shame! I really wanted to like this product.

- Skin feels so smooth after application.
- Gets rid of leftover dirt and makeup from cleansing.
- Decreased, but did not eliminate blackheads.
- Bottle feels like it will last forever.

- Sometimes can sting like crazy, for a few minutes.
- Made my skin dry and created dry patches when I had none before
- Face will become shiny, but not in an oily kind of way. It looks like your face is coated with skin-tightening plastic.
- Did not see lasting effects after my greaseball of a face started getting oily again.

on 4/3/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I genuinely can't see any difference in my skin after using this for months. Expensive for what it is. Will not rebuy.

on 3/22/2015 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It didn't do anything....

on 1/27/2015 9:32:00 PM

Great for acne, great for taking off that last bit of dirt/makeup on your face, and it doesn't sting or irritate the skin. I know it says not to use on open pimples or whatever, but I've found that it actually makes them dry up and shrink the next day after applying. The whole bottle lasted me a year and I used it practically every day! However, when I repurchased I was surprised to find that the color has changed (it's now a light lilac color) and they've added a few more non-natural ingredients. I haven't used the new formula for long enough to confidently say if it's negatively affected my skin.

Top Rated Mario Badescu Products