October 22, 2014 | 1939 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - Water Comfort One Step Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Laura41

This was really soothing for me at a time when I had bad breakouts and dehydrated skin. I started using this in combination with the avene moisturisers and serum and within two weeks all of the flakiness had disappeared and the spots were healing fast. As a few others have mentioned this does leave a slight sticky feel on the skin but this is gone within a couple of minutes. I think there are other products out there which would last longer for the price. I do think this is too expensive given that an average sized bottle only lasts me a max of 2 months when using day and night.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Waaaay too over perfumed. Really irritating to the skin. Shame- smells amazing but that's not really the point of skincare!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this stuff is great. I discovered cleansing waters awhile back and have used Koh Gen Do and Bioderma for sensitive skin (liked both), and now, Clarins. It smells good, isn't very expensive, works and doesn't dry out my skin, not even my eczema. I am actually more inclined to buy this again over the Bioderma because the Bioderma dried out my skin, but the Clarins does not. I also really like the delicate "peach water" scent. It makes it seem quite lux. An important thing to note about cleansing water, though, is that it really is just a cleanser. It'll take off your makeup and that's it. If you're looking for something to clean out your pores, like an oil cleanser would, or tone, this is not that. I use cleansing water on days when I am super tired and want to just swipe, swipe, splash water, tone/treat, moisturize and hit the sack. When I have more time/energy or am showering, I usually use an oil cleanser and then cream cleanser, but this cleansing water is one of my go-tos for tired evenings. I like it a lot and would definitely recommend it for makeup removal.

EDIT 4/16/2014: I dropped this down one star because I found YSL Toning and Cleansing Water, which is an actual two-in-one product that works. It cleanses AND tones. I do still like the Clarins Water Comfort One Step Cleanser for makeup removal in the winter, but the YSL kills two birds with one stone. If you have a toner you love to bits and must use that after makeup removal, then I would suggest the Clarins, otherwise, the YSL does it all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by blondefury

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm happy with it. I use this for morning cleanse only. With a pad from DHC. Sometimes I spray my face first with the Avene mist.... then wipe my face with a pad with this comfort cleanser. It's a simple, easy thing for morning for me and it doesn't strip my face.. leaves it moist and comfortable. I've gone through a few bottles of it. When I run out of this morning cleanser I alternate with the Koh Gen Do cleansing water.. using it the same way.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by samm23

I have been using this product for about 4 months. I have come to the conclusion that I don't really have a strong feeling about it , which is probably quite telling. I would never use it at night to cleanse , even as a light make up wearer I cleanse using a milk or lotion twice. I introduced this to my routine at the beginning of the year with face cloth , wish I had done this years ago ! In the morning I use a non stripping face wash so this has by default ended up becoming a mascara remover , which is ridiculous really given the price. Occasionally I will sweep over my face for a freshen up ( usually at the weekend) but otherwise I'm not convinced I have a real purpose for it in my routine. Saying that I would love to try Bioderma sensibo , again probably to remove mascara in the main , can't get it in NZ so I'm trying to find a supplier without outrageous postage ! mind you the price is drastically different to that of this product and more in keeping with a good eye make remover. Back to the product, what I can say is the smell is truly gorgeous , it pours easily onto a cotton pad and you can control how much you use. To be fair it does decant well for the odd overnight trip I have done too , so that is a bonus. Having just gone through winter I wonder if I might be more predisposed to using in the warmer weather, but again probably just a freshen up and to be honest water in a spritzer can achieve that too . So what I can is I got carried along into buying a product I don't really have a need for . If I was being asked by a friend to recommend this type of product yes I would recommend it. Its does perform well and it hasn't given me any adverse reactions in the time I have been using it. The product is gentle and doesn't dry my skin out. So no I wont be repurchasing but that is not to say I wouldn't encourage someone to try it if they were seeking this type of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by gracie2801

Nice product to use, cleanses the skin nicely however I use it after my cream cleanser to ensure all make up is off my skin. It is really gentle and leave my skin feeling comfortable and not dry at all! It has a lovely scent however there's not much special about it - it is a little pricey just for a water cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by loralol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Day 1: loved it, felt nice and refreshing on my skin and I thought it cleaned my skin well. I also liked the peachy smell.

Day 2: still loved it and thought it does the job.

Day 3: slightly notice some rash (tiny little red dots) on my face...but I didn't think this product was causing it so used it.

Day 4: the rash was almost all over my face...luckily I have a brown/tanned skin so you couldn't see the redness too much. I knew this product was causing the rash and stopped using it and a few days later my skin got back to normal. Thank God!

I have sensitive, dry skin and this product seemed good at first and then I got rash...so I'll never use this again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by rlmy112

It give you a fresh, clean finish after washing your face. It diminishes my pores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Due to medication, my breakouts have been out of control. I was fed up, so I decided to go back to Clarins which I used in HS when my skin was perfect. I love Clarins because it's very gentle on my skin and doesn't strip it of necessary oils. I love the peach scent of this water cleanser. I first soak a cotton ball with it and take off my makeup (I wear a pretty thick layer of makeup, so it takes a couple of cotton balls to do the trick). I then follow up with the Alpine Milk cleanser. If necessary I follow up with this peach cleanser as a toner, but I usually don't need to. These two steps effectively remove my makeup without stripping my skin. I then follow up with my DermaDoctor cleanser for acne. My skin has vastly improved. Because my skin is so acne prone, I fine that Using this water cleanser without following up with another cleanser clogs my pores. But, I absolutely love the Clarins milk cleanser, so I don't mind the extra step. This is expensive, and I run through the bottle so quickly, but to me, taking good care of my skin is worth the steep price. I love wearing makeup so much, but if my skin isn't in good condition no amount of makeup will look make me look good.

EDIT: due to the price, I will not repurchase again. I've bought it 2x, but I now realize this really is a luxury product not a necessity. It also left a sticky film on my face that I didn't like.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by hriz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Causes breakouts if I don't wash my face after using it. I'm happy with it as a make-up remover, but it's not the best.