September 20, 2014 | 1478 users online

Lip Treatments - Sally Hansen - Maximum Plumping Lip Treatment

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Zenling

I was really disappointed with this product. It was somewhat too watery over my lips, and I really hated the stinging sensation on my lips. The shade looked different on my lips (ok, this is expected) -- even if I put up with the stinging sensation, this was not long-lasting.
Uncomfortable and uneffective.

It gets one lippy because the packaging is great, and whatever they've printed on the cardboard makes you want to buy it and try it. Although I've always loved Sally Hansen products, this is undoubtedly one of the worst.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

yuck. SH's products are typically high-quality, most especially for a drugstore brand, and i figured i'd like this one. although SH products are often on sale at Walgreen's, i picked this one up full-price (SH's a bit pricey for a ds brand). typically, i can withstand a bit of discomfort for beauty's sake, but the taste and smell of this is just gross, to me. it's also too sticky. it does plump the lips a bit without the usual sting, but i'll take sting over smell.

i do like the packaging for this product. it's a squeeze tube, sanitary,and dispenses just the right amount of product (a little on the heavier side -- which is what i adore in a balm or lip moisturizer).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I don't remember the exact shade names I bought- I think it was clearly adorable and clearly amorous. One was a more pigmented nude pink color, and the other I went on more clear and looked kinda pearly in the container. Oh and I think I had a pinkish clear one too, no idea what that was called. These weren't bad, I liked it enough to have it in 3 colors. They felt nice on, and were good for casual use. Definitely moisturizing, and aptly named as a lip treatment. I used these more before than I do now- I think I kinda just got tired and bored of them after a while since it seems like they just don't get used up! The taste is like a less intense cinnamon flavor than the extreme plumping gloss by SH...its not that bad but I don't love it either. I do remember swallowing a little and it had that weird tingly taste, so be aware that can happen. A good lip treatment, but I don't feel like I need to re-purchase these.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by OhHINebulae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought mine in Clearly Crystal, I love the cool tingly feeling and my lips DO look more plump after a couple minutes. Wasn't very sticky, the shimmer is nice. My only complaint is the scent. The smell of minty candy can become a bit overwhelming.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by alicia2kate

I received the Clearly-in-Love 6520-40 flavor of SH Maximum Plumping Lip Treatment in a swap.
It is opaque pink-tan tone in the squeeze tube, but clear on my lips. I didn't really notice a "plumping" effect, but lips are quite full usually. It did have an awesome tingly feeling.
I like that it is less sticky than most other lipglosses I use (such as CO Bigelow and VS BeautyRush)
The size of the squeeze tube is the same as the CO Bigelow Mentha, or about 1cm longer than the VS (tube.
However, it is significantly less.
SH LP 0.36 oz/10g
VS BR 0.46 oz/13g
CO B. 0.50oz/14g
I still like it. =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this in Clearly Happy and Clearly Amorous from my local Dollar Tree. As $1 lipglosses, they are VERY nice. The colors are subtle but pretty, they aren't sticky, the menthol isn't overpowering, the tubes are a good size. If I had paid full price for them I may have been slightly disappointed because they are more sheer than I usually wear and the plumping is subtle. Overall I'm pleased with them and would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ive tried pretty much every lip plumper there is mainly coz i like the feelin of them lol. i bought this from ebay for about 3 in Clearly Lovely, its a very shiny, sheer, very light, gorgeous baby pink with silver shimmer. it tastes and smells just like mint candy canes and isnt sticky! it feels cooling on my lips coz of the mint but doesnt plump or tingle,
i think coz its so shiny (and a light highlighting colour) it makes your lips appear fuller, also it smoothes out any lines on my lips.
*UPDATE* ive only had a week and the label has worn off already which is a shame but thats cheap cosmetics for ya! i just bought Clearly Happy, its baby pastel pink LOVE it! smells really nice just like sweet mint candy canes. i painted over the label with clear nail polish so that it stays on this gloss! x

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by kittenkasperbauer

Sally H's lip plumper rules!!
I have totally given up lipstick and gloss and for the last three years have ONLY used lip plumpers. I figure, I want color and I want shine, so i may as well use a product that adds a bit of poof too! I am convinced that Sally H plumper is the best, and a product that works as well (or better than) stuff that costs 8 times as much is good w me!

I have bought EVERY plumper on the market. I'm not exaggerating. I have come to the conclusion that all plumpers are probably more psychological than anything. But psychological benefits should not be underestimated. If they make you feel prettier or sexier, they are worth it!

I think Clearly Happy (the Sally baby pink color) is the best lip product on the market.
It's such a brilliant color and is ultra-shiny. My lips FEEL fuller when I use it.

My only criticism of SH plumper is that the tube often springs a leak at the bottom seam. Yuck. I have noticed that SH changes their packaging constantly so maybe they will lose the tube.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2008 1:35:00 AM More reviews by gudiyachettu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the name is quite misleading as far as plumping is considered.But this definitely is a good lip gloss which leaves a pretty shine on the lips .i got mine in clearly adorable, which is a nude shade.gives a slight minty kinda feeling.good for a gloss but not recommended as a plumper.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Tiki21

My favorite gloss, especially in the white (Clearly Adorable) and pink (Clearly Happy). The white stuff goes with anything I wear (even no other makeup), while the pink is surprisingly opaque and you have to be careful to blend it in well and not wear clashing clothes/makeup with it.

The other shades were okay for me, especially the nude brown shade, but not particularly special -- they mimic many other glosses on the market (except in the tingling effect).

I guess if they stop selling Clearly Adorable (and it seems like they will, since I can't find it anywhere except eBay now), I'll go back to the MAC lipglasses, but I'll really miss this stuff. It's nowhere near as "tacky" feeling on your lips as the lipglasses, imo, yet it wears very well. Even after it wears off a bit, you keep a lot of shine on your lips. Very VERY nice formula.

The packaging looks stupid (Juicy Tubes-style), but I gave it high marks because the tubes keep the product nicely without "spoilage" and separation.