Eve Lom Cleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 7/17/2015 12:18:00 PM

Oh. My. Gosh. I bought this cleanser on a whim; I was out for a long day with dry, unhappy skin and got fed up. This cleanser was recommended to me and with such a heavenly smell I couldn't say no.

This cleanser is an absolute miracle worker! Unlike the other ones I've previously used (which isn't many to be honest), instead of simply stripping the skin of the makeup/dirt/oils, it leaves it nourished and feels hydrated and sort of plumped. I've been using it twice a day for a month and have had approximately 3 blemishes come up, which is NOTHING compared to before. I used to get a lot of facial redness just from being irritated and dry, but have had almost none for a whole month now. I've been way more comfortable going out with no make up, as my skin looks healthy, smooth and even.

The price... :( If I don't find something similar and cheaper by the time this tub runs out, I'll probably buy it again.

on 7/16/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This used to be the HG cleanser for my dry skin and I used three tubs of it until I moved back to Vancouver from Asia. Unfortunately, it stopped working for me in the drier climate. The thick cream meant I had to rinse and rinse to get it off, which didn't help my already dry skin, and I could not use the muslim cloth since my skin is, well, dry.

After some trials and errors, I made the switch to Bioderma Sensibio non-rinse solution for sensitive skin and haven't looked back since. The Bioderma works wonderfully for my dry skin, no matter where I go. I've used countless bottles and will not look elsewhere.

THE cleanser. It makes you happy while using it, just enjoying the ritual of taking off your makeup. It's amazing. My only concern is the ingredients. As I'm currently trying very hard to go all-natural and organic, this product really questions my choice sometimes ;)

If I ever find an organic cleanser that works as well as Eve Lom's, I will let all of you know.

on 5/27/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Meh. I received a sample of this and the cleansing cloth, which I liked enough to buy a pack of Eve Lom muslin cloths. However, the cleanser is just so expensive, and the smell is SO AWFUL (and I'm usually not a pansy about smells), without having miraculous results, so I will not be buying the cleanser. Maybe it's because I didn't follow the routine to a T--I treated it more like the first step in a two-step oil makeup removal / regular cleanser method, meaning I sometimes rubbed the makeup off rather than just patting the cloth against my face. I also used moisturizer afterwards. But honestly, I don't want to radically change my skincare routine based on one cleanser. Based on the other reviews, it seems like the cleanser is helpful to people who have very sensitive skin or who break out easily--luckily, as long as I use a gentle cleanser that doesn't dry out my skin too much, I do just fine, so I won't be buying this cleanser.

on 5/10/2015 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I am 30 and have acne prone skin. I've been using this product for over a year and I absolutely love it! I usually give my face a massage for 5-10 mins as I'm cleansing and taking off makeup. Hasn't caused any irritation to my acne. Leaves skin feeling clean and soft.

on 5/3/2015 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Why are we so fickle with our skincare? I had used this cleanser a few years ago with good results only to move on to something else, and then something else again, never again getting the good results I had gotten from Eve Lom. So I'm back.

My skin is very dry and extremely sensitive. This cleanser is gentle and yet exfoliates, producing the most flawless surface. Small lines have diminished and the surface flaking has disappeared. My serums and moisturizers work better and I love the whole ritual of the cleansing, with the cloth and the rinsing. I also love the smell which to me is slightly medicinal and slightly herbal, but in a good way, and once you finish rinsing, the smell is gone.

This cleanser is pricey but you only need a small amount (maybe 2 teaspoons?) that melts in your hand and cleans your whole face. Plus I only use this cleanser at night; in the morning I only rinse with water before adding my daytime products. Maybe this time I won't get tempted to try anything else and I'll stick with what works.

on 4/19/2015 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After using Liz Earle's Hot Cloth cleanser for several years I decided I needed a change because I was finding my skin quite dry. After reading so many good reviews about this I decided to take the plunge and I do not regret it.

I have very acne prone skin so I'm always scared of introducing new products to my skin. Of course every skin is different but I am here to tell you that this did NOT clog my pores in any way and I haven't had a single new pimple since I started using this.

Besides removing my makeup perfectly, my skin feels and looks more moisturized and less blotchy which is a plus.

I only use it in the evening for makeup removal.

on 3/16/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Have you ever gotten a sample of product, used it, decided it was fantastic, bought it only to feel wholly underwhelmed once you got a bit ol' tub of it? Yeah, that's what Eve Lom Cleanser is like for me.

I got a hefty sample of this along with a muslin cleansing cloth with an order from Nordstrom a few weeks back. I really knew nothing about the brand though I have seen it from time to time. I was completely dazzled by chic and simple logo of Eve Lom and rather impressed by the generous amount and inclusion of the cloth which is pretty rare with sample these days. I used the sample the day in came in the mail and was pleased by the initial results. First, this isn't a traditional cleanser. Thankfully I read the instructions first as you're suppose to apply this it to a dry face, work it in and then do some kind of ritual where you soak the muslin cloth in hot water, apply it up to three times and then rinse your face. As a long time devotee to the Erno Laszlo system, any kind of "system" or "ritual" appeals to me which would explain my initial infatuation. While I still love the Laszlo system in theory, the new owners have completely screwed up the iconic Sea Mud soap which now leaves a lovely black film on my skin. This new cleanser and massage ritual seemed like it would be just what I needed in my life.

After I used up my sample, I decided to buy a full sized jar. That desire was quickly squelched when I found that a full size jar is about $90. I found a smaller jar for a bit less on eBay (yeah, I'm cheap). I've had this for a few weeks now and while it's decent enough, it's not amazing. I haven't seen a dramatic overall improvement in my skin but this has really helped to control the oil and flakiness on my nose which is oddly oily yet flakes like crazy. It works well as a makeup remover (even waterproof mascara) but if you use the muslin cloth included, it will get stained with mascara that will never, ever come out. There are also little granules of whatever in it that I thought would get in the way of removing eye makeup, but the cleanser and the granules basically melt as soon as you begin working this in. Others have complained about the smell (which is a cross between cloves and something medicinal) which is off putting and frankly pretty stinky at first but tolerable after a while. Then there's the whole product-in-crummy-jar aspect which is very off putting to some people. I don't mind so much but again, I just can't justify spending a small fortune on something, anything that is a glorified version of oil with a fancy lady's name on the jar (which I feel is what we're really paying for). I've yet to try the rather complicated lymphatic massage you're suppose do while using the cleanser (How-to instructions come with the jar). Perhaps that makes a difference but I'm not sure I buy the whole "drain your lymph nodes with massage" bit.

All that said, I rated this three lippies because it isn't completely terrible. If you have dry skin, this is actually one of those cleansers that you don't need to slather on a pound of moisturizer afterward because the oils in this are enough to help you out. If you're acne prone like me, you may want to watch out as I discovered a few small blemishes after using it. Nothing terrible but the few I did have would not heal while I used this. While I do kinda sorta like this cleanser, I wouldn't recommend this to others as I think it's rather overpriced and sort of psudeo science-y. I like the simplicity of Eve Lom's system and the muslin cloth is nice but again, this is far too expensive for what it is.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I love this product. I've been using it since I was 12! If you follow the instructions and do the facial massage as suggested, you really will see results.

I have probably tried 25 other high end cleansers, many of which I have loved but I always go back to this one.

Pros:
- Extremely moisturising without leaving your skin greasy
- A pleasure to apply
- Smells like a spa - slightly clinical but in a good way
- Comes with a very good quality muslin cloth
- Removes makeup very well
- A little goes a very long way making it more economical than you would expect

Cons:
- Packaging is pretty basic and quite clunky
- Time consuming if you follow all the suggested steps
- Tub - not the most hygienic but really not an issue if you wash your hands first!

on 1/29/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this cleanser for about three weeks. I had a trial size and then bought a full jar. Was curious after seeing Lisa Eldridge's video recommending it esp as a ritual "massage."

A few things - yes the smell is medicinal, like a salve. But: it's not off-putting, to me.

Yes there is mineral oil in it. Lisa Eldridge explains that the grade of mineral oil in this product is of such high quality, we should not be afraid. Good enough for me.

Yes it is expensive, but you really don't need to use a lot at all. It melts over your skin on contact and spreads beautifully. You can't help but do a little longer "massaging" because it feels so nice!

I only use it a couple times a week because the mechanical exfoliation of the muslin cloth, while soft, is too much for my skin if I were to use it every day (I also use retinol-containing products daily.) This further reduces the dent in the wallet factor.

How I use it: I threw out the complicated-looking massage technique instruction book that it came with. I start with a dry face, rub a small amount between fingertips of both hands to warm it up, and then apply all over my face (I don't go down the neck and decolletage because I'm a simple person), rubbing it in for a few minutes with dramatic massage motions (or not). Then I wet the muslin cloth in the hottest water I can stand, wring it out, and apply to my face. Soooothing.... then rub/massage gently with the muslin cloth once more over. Rinse, wipe, repeat, until you think most of the product is off. At this point, my skin is so smooth, so soft! Then, I mouth "THANK YOU ANGEL" in the mirror to Lisa Eldridge wherever/whatever time it is where she is in the UK, and then put moisturizer on to lock in the glowy.