August 28, 2014 | 1755 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - O de Lancome

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was recommended to me as a lighter version of EL Azuree, but I find it more similar to Cristalle. It actually works better on me than Cristalle did. When I first tried O, the opening was too lemony for my perfect peace of mind, but it grew on me. There's just a touch of floral, and the drydown has an herbal bitterness I find compelling. There's also perceptible oakmoss, which blends well with the vetiver. I actually prefer the current formulation to the vintage, which seemed too masculine to my nose. Notes (from Lancome website): top--bergamot, lemon, mandarin; middle--basil, rosemary, jasmine; base--oakmoss, sandalwood, vetiver.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a lovely scent. It's fresh, light and zingy with a hint of spiciness. My ideal fragrance.

The only thing is that I don't actually own it. I can't bring myself to spend more than 43 euro on a relatively small bottle of edt. Fragrances should be more affordable than they are now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is an older scent, but it doesn't have that "dated" smell to me. It is very fresh and lovely. If you like a "green" scent, this is for you! It's very citrusy but there's a floral heart to it as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always come back to this one as my favourite hot weather scent. Even the currently reformulation does not deter me. it is a lovely sharp citrus chypre, a sort of love child of Diorella and Eau Sauvage. While other citrus fragrances just disappear on my skin, this one has real staying power. Yes, it is simple, but it is the simplicity of something very well constructed. Love it and and have repurchased many times over the years.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Meg2005

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Eau de Lancôme, baptized Ô as a witty clin d'oeil to the illustrious Maison de Lancôme, clearly follows the distinguished tradition of fresh hesperides eaux de cologne, and does so with grace and panache. I loved wearing it as a great summertime fragrance for the bright, cooling, refreshing properties it was endowed with, until I could no longer find it; when I heard it was reformulated and newly available on the market I lost no time purchasing it. Getting reacquainted with this familiar old favourite was a bit of a jolt, however, as it seemed much greener, more robust, less feminine than I had remembered. I put it away and forgot all about it until a couple of weeks ago, when a friend on the Fragrance Board urged me to retry it. I took my huge 125 ml bottle out of storage and lodged it in the fridge, coming back again for a nice cool spritz a few hours later. What a glorious discovery! The top notes were indeed on the green citrus unisex side, but the heart beautifully floral and the drydown clean, soapy, vaguely powdery, redolent of honeysuckle, jasmine, vétiver and sandalwood. There is something upbeat, reassuringly positive about this scent, bracing, energizing, and comforting too; I seem to detect here the sort of gentle sunny vibe of Ma Griffe and Chant d'Arômes, either of which it bears some resemblance to. A fiercely independent fragrance with a clean no-nonsense wholesome vibe, evocative of a green meadow interlaced with pretty flowers, thoroughly suitable for a hillside open air picnic, complete with Julie Andrews teaching that all music begins with do-re-me.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by missveronica9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nostagia for scents I wore in my youth prompted me to purchase a vintage bottle of this online. It was an "Eau Fraiche" in brown packaging, and unfortunately it smelled like vintage aftershave. Puzzled, I went to a department store and tried the tester. Oh gorgeous smell - as fizzy and lime green as the new frosted bottle! Reasoning that my first bottle was simply 'off', I purchased a new bottle. Spritz, spritz. A few minutes of lemonade heaven was followed by that aftershave smell again. Brut? Eau Sauvage? Not exactly unpleasant (on a guy) but I don't want to smell like I'm wearing aftershave. What a shame. I gave it to a friend whose husband will probably wear it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think that O de Lancome smells well made and ladylike, and it's not hard to see how some others really enjoy wearing this. It's lemony and green, nicely blended and not terribly sweet, however it's just not for me. No sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by threemermaids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Super fresh and citrusy in a very pretty frosted bottle. The dry down is the best part and is quite long lasting!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really lovely lemony scent in the beginning but ended up turning sour on me. Nice citrus and herbal scent and I would have to say it's on the masculine side. Long lasting as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Jenblossom32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Spritzer of Lemon Lime. Sporty!