Lancome O de Lancome

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Top Notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Mandarin
Heart Notes: Basil, Rosemary, Coriander, Jasmine, Honeysuckle
Base Notes: Oakmoss, Vetiver, Patchouli

A classic fresh scent. Very unisex for men and women (I find it more masculine than anything).

on 4/27/2012 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a lovely scent. It's fresh, light and zingy with a hint of spiciness. My ideal fragrance.

The only thing is that I don't actually own it. I can't bring myself to spend more than 43 euro on a relatively small bottle of edt. Fragrances should be more affordable than they are now!

on 9/23/2011 3:38:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is an older scent, but it doesn't have that "dated" smell to me. It is very fresh and lovely. If you like a "green" scent, this is for you! It's very citrusy but there's a floral heart to it as well.

on 7/11/2011 6:33:00 PM

I always come back to this one as my favourite hot weather scent. Even the currently reformulation does not deter me. it is a lovely sharp citrus chypre, a sort of love child of Diorella and Eau Sauvage. While other citrus fragrances just disappear on my skin, this one has real staying power. Yes, it is simple, but it is the simplicity of something very well constructed. Love it and and have repurchased many times over the years.

on 7/24/2010 11:42:00 AM

Eau de Lancôme, baptized Ô as a witty clin d'oeil to the illustrious Maison de Lancôme, clearly follows the distinguished tradition of fresh hesperides eaux de cologne, and does so with grace and panache. I loved wearing it as a great summertime fragrance for the bright, cooling, refreshing properties it was endowed with, until I could no longer find it; when I heard it was reformulated and newly available on the market I lost no time purchasing it. Getting reacquainted with this familiar old favourite was a bit of a jolt, however, as it seemed much greener, more robust, less feminine than I had remembered. I put it away and forgot all about it until a couple of weeks ago, when a friend on the Fragrance Board urged me to retry it. I took my huge 125 ml bottle out of storage and lodged it in the fridge, coming back again for a nice cool spritz a few hours later. What a glorious discovery! The top notes were indeed on the green citrus unisex side, but the heart beautifully floral and the drydown clean, soapy, vaguely powdery, redolent of honeysuckle, jasmine, vétiver and sandalwood. There is something upbeat, reassuringly positive about this scent, bracing, energizing, and comforting too; I seem to detect here the sort of gentle sunny vibe of Ma Griffe and Chant d'Arômes, either of which it bears some resemblance to. A fiercely independent fragrance with a clean no-nonsense wholesome vibe, evocative of a green meadow interlaced with pretty flowers, thoroughly suitable for a hillside open air picnic, complete with Julie Andrews teaching that all music begins with do-re-me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Nostagia for scents I wore in my youth prompted me to purchase a vintage bottle of this online. It was an "Eau Fraiche" in brown packaging, and unfortunately it smelled like vintage aftershave. Puzzled, I went to a department store and tried the tester. Oh gorgeous smell - as fizzy and lime green as the new frosted bottle! Reasoning that my first bottle was simply 'off', I purchased a new bottle. Spritz, spritz. A few minutes of lemonade heaven was followed by that aftershave smell again. Brut? Eau Sauvage? Not exactly unpleasant (on a guy) but I don't want to smell like I'm wearing aftershave. What a shame. I gave it to a friend whose husband will probably wear it.

on 9/21/2009 1:24:00 PM

I think that O de Lancome smells well made and ladylike, and it's not hard to see how some others really enjoy wearing this. It's lemony and green, nicely blended and not terribly sweet, however it's just not for me. No sale.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Super fresh and citrusy in a very pretty frosted bottle. The dry down is the best part and is quite long lasting!

on 8/20/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Really lovely lemony scent in the beginning but ended up turning sour on me. Nice citrus and herbal scent and I would have to say it's on the masculine side. Long lasting as well.

on 8/15/2009 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Spritzer of Lemon Lime. Sporty!

Popular Fragrances