October 1, 2014 | 1818 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Tribe

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by In2th3night

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mom bought me this , when I was in junior high...'80s....I STILL have the 1oz. spray bottle....I like it , but it is very sweet smelling....really like nothing else currently made as of today . I'm sure she only paid $3.00 for it....NOW it's going for much more, if you can find it. This is kinda along the same scent as 'Exclamation' , but maybe sweeter. I think this was inspired by 'Bigan' , a perfume by a famous designer back in the '80s ....this type of scent was a huge trend , shortly after 'Giorgio' ....I like it , brings back memories of first crushes and music form the '80's!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by maria8422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holy crap! Do I ever remember this perfume!!!!!! I begged my mom to buy me the body spray when I was 10 or 11 years old!! It only cost $14.99 from Shopper's. It reminds me of grade 5 and 6. I'm a little younger than most people who wore it I guess, but it was by far the most amazing perfume I have ever worn hands down! I'm so sad that Coty discontinued it -- very stupid move.
It's just so amazingly awesome and brings me back to 1995/1996. I love it so much that I gave in and bought it off Ebay for $120.00. I got soooo sooooo many compliments on it all the time!
When that got all used up, I tied a knock-off "Tribe" smell that was only a mediocre copy of it from SoapsSaltsEtc. because someone suggested it on this feed. And with my own desperate attempt, I ordered it. I was not impressed at all!
Anyway.. it's really too bad. You know at least they could have a limited stock come out again and I'll just buy enough to wear for the rest of my life. Honestly I'm obsessed with this smell. I wish you guys could smell a sample, you would fall in love on the first whiff.
Seriously.

Please Coty,
Bring back this amazing perfume for the girls who loved it, just this once!

Thank you and have a nice day.

I'm so determined to find it again or sulk forever!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2009 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Yay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'd love to smell this scent again to help jog my memories of junior high.

I recall it smelling very artifcial, like if Saved By The Bell had a smell.

If you've never smelled this before - whereas Chanel no. 5 smells like either the 1930s or your great grandmother's vanity top - Tribe smells of 1992- 1993 and Teen Magazine ads.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by lovestosmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Brings me to 1993...the year I graduated. For all those of you mourning the loss of "tribe", I just found a Dupe oil from a wonderful seller. Smelling it was just like having a time machine. Give it a try! www.soapssaltsetc.com. Norma's prices are AWESOME! They are selling the original bottles (which can't be very fresh) on Ebay for $150!!! yikes, the oil is a great alternative---lasts longer too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, Tribe! I bought a bottle of this when I was a teenager and had it for years afterward although I never finished the bottle. I was attracted to the scent because it didn't smell like any of the perfumes I would use of my mom's, although Tribe was strong enough and something about it always got into my head when I wore it so I never really went nuts over it. It was more a case of me WANTING to like it more than I did. But, I would love to smell it again just for nostalgia's sake, although I feel like I can almost smell it in my imagination. I can still remember the bottle very vividly... turquoise and hot pink cap on a dark twisted glass bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by glasseyedpeas

seeing this brings back so many memories...good and bad...
I loved the scent of this. and I'd kill for it to come back...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by sojew

I love how all the comments here are pretty much in the 25-29 age group! I still have this enormous bottle I bought back in like 1996 or something when I was in grade 9-10. For some reason even though I left home like 9 years ago and have had a zillion apartments throughout college and my adult life, this bottle of perfume is the only thing kicking around in my main storage boxes from move to move. Its one of the oldest possessions I still have and it always seems to be out in plain view amongst all my clutter. Loved it in high school. Haven't put it on since 1999-2000. Will probably end up saving it forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by southerngirllySC

Well ladies, I totally share in the sentimental value you associate with this scent. The last time I saw this stuff in a store, it was in a Big Lots for about $5 in 1997. Me and my buddy Mimi were about 15 and picked up a few. My earliest memory of tribe dates back to around the third grade (around 1990) My best friend Elizabeth carried it in her backpack and we sprayed it on all day. After all that spritzing, we probably smelled like a couple of hookers. LOL It doesn't take much of this fragrance...a little bit truly goes a long way. It used to drive those pre-pubessant boys wild!!!! I'd thought about buying some off Ebay awhile back, but I knew that since it hadn't been in production in about 13 years or so, the fragrance (due to age) would probably smell pretty vile. When i left home, I found an empty bottle in one of my drawers and took a whiff...i was instantly taken back to those fun, carefree days of being a child. I think they should remarket this scent for a newer generation! For a drugstore brand, it wasn't bad...MUCH BETTER THAN Exclamation and it's managed to stay around!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 7:08:00 AM More reviews by maliat5140

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this also was my first perfume..i love it so much.. i got ab couple of full size body sprays on ebay but they smelled old so i gave them away..i wish they would brong it back so that i can always have it..how can we get coty to bring this back?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 12:03:00 PM More reviews by fenestra

Oh, I agree with the previous reviewer nearly word-for-word. This was my first perfume, therefore it holds a great deal of nostalgia for me. Like a first love, really. Come to think of it, I had this when I dated my first love, who is now my current love - ah, memories!!

I had purchased this recently and have fallen in love again. I am getting fairly sick of fruity-florals but this one always pulls me back.

This has a note of Granny Smith apples (incidentally, my favorite food) and is youthful, sparkling and happy. The dry down is a cool, fresh vanilla as opposed to a warm one. Lasting power is amazing. I will smell this on my wrist several hours later.

Of all the scents I have in my collection and all the ones I've sampled in my lifetime, this is the one of which I will never tire.