October 23, 2014 | 1107 users online

Scrubs - Trilogy - Gentle Facial Exfoliant

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros
- good ingredients.
- Not harsh. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and this was not harsh on it.
- It actually did the job I needed it for and that was to exfoliate and it did that without being harsh. The better your exfoliating technique and the more patience and rubbing it in a circular motion on your face you have/do, the better the outcome will be. The times when I felt it didnt exfoliate so great were usually the times when I was in a hurry and didnt take the time to exfoliate properly.

Cons
- none that I can think of atm

Verdict: will repurchase, although I am always on the hunt for new products and exfoliators to try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous scrub!! It's a thick pumice-y cream but the granules are very small and dense so it's quite gentle but effective. My skin isn't sensitive though, so I wouldn't actually mind a more abrasive scrub....I do love this entirely though, like most Trilogy products I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Happyfaced

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using Dermalogica's Skin Prep Scrub and Microfoliant for years, but have been trying to gradually switch all my beauty products to ones which are even more natural. My facialist recommended this, and I can see why. It's a really thick, creamy exfoliator, with very gentle exfoliating beads - more than Dermalogica Microfoliant (which seems to have none), but less grit than the Prep Scrub. It is just perfect. It gets rid of flakiness, bumpiness, dryness and dullness, and leaves my skin feeling smooth and plump. I think any skin type could use this, although it probably works best if your skin is dehydrated or sensitive. Really oily / strong skin would be best with the Dermalogica, as this might be too creamy.

Edited to add: this is like a slightly more powerful version of John Masters Organics exfoliating face wash, so if you like this scrub, definitely seek out the John Masters face wash! That's good for daily use or every few days if you are sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by littlejenwu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Could not live without this product. It feels really invigorating when you massage it on your face, and leaves your skin heavenly soft.

My pet peeve is exfoliants with sharp particles which scratch my skin, but don't have enough exfoliating bits to do a thorough job (kinda like rubbing two grains of sand on your face). This product has fairly gentle exfoliating particles but is also very dense.

And I got it free when I bought two other products! Will buy again when my tube runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

I like this exfoliator. It is very gentle, and I love that it is made of natural products. I can use this every night before cleansing, and don't find that it is too harsh for my skin. I follow this with a chemical exfolator (Ultraceuticals Even Skin Tone serum) and both keep my skin clean and clear. Love trilogy products, and this is no exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by regenton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this. Hands down the best exfoliant I have ever used. I gave it a go when a friend, who recently had cancer, recommended it to me - she has started using natural products, as her skin has become super sensitive. It's a clay based exfoliant with fine scrubbers to get the dirt (so you feel it's working like an exfoliator) and yet it's OK for my sensitive skin. Since I started using the Trilogy line (started with the exfoliator and night cream back in jan) i have had the best skin in years - didn't change my diet or my other skincare / makeup, so fairly confident it's due to the Trilogy products. I used to get plagued with little blackheads and under-the-skin painful bumps. Skin is basically CLEAR and smooth now. Just bought 4 more products in the range, I can't say enough about it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

This is a really REALLY gentle scrub that'll be well suited for sensitive skin. The exfoliating particles are VERY fine - which is why its so gentle. It does a decent job and leaves my skin feeling really soft and smooth. But the only down side is that is doesn't feel like a "real" scrub because the particles are so fine.
I would buy this again because it doesn't take away all your skins moisture. And even though is says to use once or twice a week, I use it about 3 times a weel because is so gentle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by goldensyrup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As far as natural products go this is a nice scrub, it has an impressive ingredients list and has that nice essential oil scent that you come to expect from products like this. My one and only gripe is that it's just not "scrubby" enough for me and does just an average job of exfoliating. Having said that, I take advantage of the creamy mask like texture and apply it on my face after cleansing, leave it on for 5-10 minutes and then scrub and rinse. It rinses off quite nicely and leaves my skin very soft afterwards.

Not my fave scrub but I would probably purchase it again. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by MissRini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like how gentle this is on my sensitive skin. I need exfoliating as I have clogged pores on my forehead, but I found the microfibre cloth just too much and I was getting a lot of redness. With this, my skin feels very moisturized but I feel like it's done it's work. I love the smell too and the packaging is travel friendly and I'm not worried it will leak as it is quite a thick cream. Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The local pharmacy had a "buy two Trilogy products and get one free", so I got this along with the cream cleanser and hand cream. I had used it before in one of the sample packs but never got around to reviewing it. It's fantastic. So gentle, yet so effective. I thought my combo/oily/flaky/bumpy skin needed more exfoliation, but it turns out it needed less and more gentle exfoliation. I'm using this product once a week and it seems to be going pretty well! Nice smell, lovely texture. My only gripe would be that it's about $40NZ and a pretty small tube... but I suppose it will last quite a while. Packaging is very good, and recyclable too (though I imagine I'll just reuse it for something else). And the best part is that it's made... *looks out window* right over there. Practically zero carbon miles... win.