Johnson & Johnson Extra care healing hand cream

4.6

on 11/20/2009 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is an alright hand cream. I've certainly found others more impressive, however it gets the job done. My hands can be dry at times but not excessively so, so I can't speak for people with severely dry hands. The product itself is mildly thick. It absorbs into the skin well and moisturizes, but I absolutely abhor the smell!!! Most of Johnson and Johnson's products have that baby powder scent which I usually love as it reminds me of good memories from when I was very young. This hand cream has the most irritating, cloying scent I've ever found in a hand cream. What's worse is the scents lasts and lasts, unless you wash it off, but that would be against the purpose of putting on a hand cream. I also didn't like the packaging. It comes in a tube which is the norm for hand creams, but it is very short, fat and wide. I found it akward to hold and impossible to fit into a small(ish) purse. It took up so much room. I will not repurchase because though it did keep my hands moisturized, I was far too repulsed by that disgusting, synthetic smell. L'occitane Shea butter hand creme is the ultimate, but for a lower price range, Burt's Bees' Almond Milk hand cream is fantastic as well. They are by far better than this.

This is one of my everyday staples in my purse. My hands are so dry from my excessive (OCD) handwashing and this works so well at hydrating them without making them greasy. I personally love the scent, it doesn't smell that much like baby oil to me, it is a light scent. It lasts through several handwashing without having to be reapplied.

on 4/17/2008 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The smell is sickening to me, but otherwise it's a good product. Very rich and leaves your hands moisturized, unlike the previous 2 or 3 hand creams I've tried. I'd like it to be in a narrower tube. Won't be repurchasing due to the smell.

on 4/6/2008 8:45:00 PM

I like the effectiveness of this cream, but I am not fond of the smell. It goes on thickly, but absorbs quickly and thoroughly, but the smell -- ack. I don't find it to be a "baby"-type smell, but ick, overpowering, too strong. For this reason, I won't be repurchasing, alas.

on 12/8/2007 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

good hand cream but i don't like the smell at all! it's weird because i love the smell of the 24 hour moisture lotion but this cream didn't smell like it. the cream makes my hands feel soft and moisturized! it is not greasy at all and absorbs really fast. i love how all johnson and johnson products are sealed when you purchase them. the price for this hand cream is very cheap and i would consider repurchasing it if i can't get my regular ahava hand cream.

on 7/3/2007 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I hate the smell of baby powder, baby oil... anything baby, so I guess I should have known better than to buy this. It works ok as a moisturizer for me, but not great. The consistency is good, but I find it just kind of sits on my hands & makes them slippery. Given that the smell makes me slightly queasy (I really, really hate it) & the moisturizing is pretty weak for me, I won't buy this again. I doubt I'll even make it through the 3.5 oz tube.

on 6/21/2007 3:48:00 PM

Not much I can add, other than to say if you find this, do get it. I really, really like it and the price is great. I have had a hard time finding it, I hope that is not an omen.

on 4/26/2007 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG handcream. I spent the big bux on L'Occitane but this little cream is so much nicer and a better scent too!

on 3/29/2007 5:58:00 PM

I can only use this once and it'll makes my hands soft all day. this is my hg for my hands.

on 3/26/2007 10:18:00 AM

Let me start by saying I'm a busy mom who washes my hands sooooo many times a day (diaper changes, etc.) AND I have eczema on my hands. It's so hard to find a hand cream or lotion that is effective but doesn't irritate my skin. Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula is one of the best working products I've found (and recommended by my dermatologist), but it's very heavy/greasy and takes forever to absorb - totally impractical for during the day, so I only use it now before bed. Johnson & Johnson's Extra Care Healing Hand Cream has been my savior for daytime use - great moisturizing, has proven gentle enough for my hands, and absorbs MUCH faster. I reapply a few times each day, but not nearly as often as I've had to do with other creams/lotions. The scent is OK - rather distinctive and tends to linger for quite some time - even if it's not your favorite I think it would be worth it for such an effective product. I'll be buying this again and again!

Top Rated Johnson & Johnson Products