September 2, 2014 | 2028 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by BaddieeV

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've head such high hopes for this foundation since pretty much every single person I've met with oily skin has raved and raved about how this is supposed to be the best foundation ever. However, based on my experience, this foundation for me was an absolute disaster and nightmare. I have combination - oily skin, and this foundation broke me out immediately after I started using it. And by break outs I mean huge pimples line up on my forehead, which has ever never happened to me before. Also I would like to mention that this foundation absolutely does not like "skin", and it's not because I use too much product on my face. No matter how much product I use, it always ended up looking cakey and very unnatural. The lasting powder was fairly decent around the 6 hour mark for me - I started getting oily after 6 hours but that's pretty normal for me, and the coverage it gives to my face was excellent, it did cover most of the hyperpigmentations and acne scarring on my skin. Overall I wouldn't recommend this foundation to anyone who has sensitive and acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by sana8it

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GUESS WHAT LADIES!!!! BEST Tip Ever: Maybelline dream mousse liquid foundation's pump fits onto Revlon colorstay!!! You can just keep reusing it... I prefer not to dump Revlon colorstay into an empty bottle, that wastes so much product? I'd rather just find a reusable pump. And this is your answer right here ^^!!! Allow me to summarize the pros and cons from all the reviews and my personal experience... I am in my mid 20s and have combo /oily skin for reference and use the combo/oily colorstay...

Pros:
    - almost full coverage
    -amazing lasting power (min.6-8+hrs)
    -has sunscreen
    - minimizes appearance of pores and diminishes redness
    - 80-90% will repurchase out of 1500+ ppl
    - doesn't really oxidize (massive perk), shake before use!
    -no transference, this bad boy hugs ur skin like no tomorrow
    - didn't break me out, kept my oiliness at Bay for few hours, looks more matte
    -color range is wide, could have more selection for darker skin shades in some stores grr
    -widely available

Cons:
    - no pump, lots of product gets wasted (solution: listed above^/or use ur own empty bottle and pump)
    - work fast, because it can dry fast sometimes if left sitting on top of skin especially... (apply with a warm damp sponge, fingers, or fast buffing techniques) ON HYDRATED SKIN, DRY SKIN =HARDER TO SPREAD... PRETEND UR USING LIQUID CLAY /CEMENT.. You heard me.. That's why it's good for us oilies, u don't want to add oil to your already oil producing skin, you want to HYDRATE your skin, look for water-based lotion/moisturizer before u apply or what the heck dilute it with a tiny dab for convenience in product's spread-ability/emollient properties
    -price point, for a drug store brand and a miniscule amount and no pump.. this stuff goes quick and cost alot... Even with a pump it should be cheaper,the price has inflated because of its popularity in past couple of years
    - pictures: you can notice a lighter cast or reflection from the sunscreen
    -can look cakey, less is more with this!!!
    - removal takes a good cleanser/longer to fully remove all layers

Overall: I would repurchase, it stays on, doesn't budge or transfer, it's several customer's Holy grail product... And if used sparingly and quickly it can look as smooth as butter! I'm an NC40 and can use either 320-330 shades, after I apply it I will wait a minute and dab gently with a fine tissue to remove floating sebum (oil) .. This sets the foundation for a longer duration and then follow it with a powder to set it!
    **I am a certified Laser Technician /Medical Esthetician /Skin Specialist... Educating clients truly outweighs any sales to me.. Good luck!!

Ps. If you sort the reviews for this product by most helpful you will notice some awesome reviewers have listed color match and ingredient lists, application preferences, pump suggestions such as Clinique moisture surge light as well!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Fleurdesol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Awesome long lasting foundation! Looks good on photos.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by SheelaBeela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this liquid foundation since it first came out. I have very oily skin with lots of acne scarring. I'm in Natural Tan (NC 42-45 range in MAC). My sister says It just looks like my skin as the day goes on. This stuff totally ROCKS! You can swim in this, I go to the gym straight from work with makeup on and it doesn't budge. I sweat right over this stuff and it doesn't run, doesn't transfer. I shower at the gym and walk out with this stuff still on!! Of course, I don't aggressively rub my face in the shower and let the shampoo drip down my face. This stuff doesn't come off until YOU remove it with a wipe or clairsonic/olay brush. No problems with breaking out or clogged pores. I will continue to use this stuff as long as they continue to make it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by charmaineloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This used to be my absolute favorite but after I tried the covergirl outlast foundation, I don't like it as much now. I'm still giving it four stars because of the great coverage and lasting power of the foundation, but I hate how this dries so fast, which makes it impossible to blend! Also, although this has great coverage, it's not as good as the covergirl one. And of course, the crappy packaging is one of the reasons why I don't like this as much. I will continue to use this bottle but I might not repurchase since I found my new holy grail!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by eemontg

This is my go to foundation. I haven't found a shade that works perfectly so I combine two. Has good coverage, buildable, stays all day, and is pretty inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Kiruby82

Pros: Good coverage, good lasting power, affordable, good color range, formula for dry or combo-oily skin, available in many places,matte finish (if you are looking for that). Cons: Tends to accentuate dry patches or flaking, can feel heavy if not careful, when applied with hands it is harder to blend (feels like it is sitting on top of your skin) and could feel oily, packaging has no pump. Overview: I do enjoy this product, I have combo and sensitive skin that is also acne prone and I have been using this foundation for the last 6 months at least and so far no breakouts or irritation. I prefer to blend it with the beauty blender, because when I apply it with my hands it can feel heavy, a litte greasy and seems to be sitting on top of my skin highlighting my pores. Less is more with this foundation and with the right blending tool (sponge or brush) can look great. I wish it came with a pump for sanitary reasons and also for a better control of the dispensed amount. You need to moisturize your skin previously because it can accentuate dry patches or flaking and throughout the day it can absorb the moisture from your already dry zones slightly. The lasting power looking good, on me, is aproximately 6 hours, then the next 3 hours it looks ok and the last 3-4 hours looks still there but showing some redness and with oily t-zone. For me, that is really good compared to other foundations that fade way faster. I use the tone Buff and I wish it was a little more yellow-toned for me. Overall a good foundation used with the proper tools, affordable, good availability. I recommend it and I will continue repurchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by mascara4eveRR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

mm this is my secind day using this foundation and i really am liking it. the coverage is great. and when it says 24hrs it means 24hrs!! it has a really ggood finishing look lol and also um to take it off since it has a strong coverage you should remove your makeup and then wash your face to take of the extra makeup :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by MissTheno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my hg foundation. I have super oily skin and I don't have to use powder at all with it! My face stays matte all day and I can't say that about any other foundation. A little goes a very long way and my bottles last forever. I use a kabuki brush to buff the foundation on which gives an airbrushed look. It's also very buildable, I can go sheer or full coverage easily. Negatives: The color is difficult to match but I can usually get pretty close by mixing. My main complaints are 1. Most color options have pink undertones but my skin has yellow undertones. It takes some failed purchases to get the right color combo. 2. The bottle needs a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by lola444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't say I like this foundation but also not hate it. because it's really thick and cakey on me (not so liquid as it claims to be) and the package is just not right, they should seriously get a pump or so. But it covers my imperfections really well though I might look really cakey even from a far.