August 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Treatments (Face) - Hydroderm Fast Acting Wrinkle Reducer Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Interliner

A friend gave this to me to try because it did nothing for her. I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin and I can't remember the last time I had a reaction. After only using this twice, I noticed a large scaly area on my chin and jaw bone and thought maybe I had a little dry skin. When I looked the next day, I realized that wasn't dry skin, I had a thick breakout area. Not acne like, but the whole are was bumpy, thick and irritated. I stopped using the hydroderm. It has taken about 4 days but finally the scaliness is gone. I'm glad I didn't pay for this and won't be trying it any longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by consultrix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product was a very nice surprise which led me to research Hyaluronic acid. I was terribly burned by a cosmetic laser and have tried MULTIPLE creams to soften my skin and fill in the skin-gaps.
My mother used it and thought it was lame, however she has normal wrinkly skin that needs more than a cream so she gave it to me. My eyes are now rediculously sensitive and surrounded by bruising- everything else made me look worse.
Hyaluronic acid is what makes skin do good things. It holds 1000x it's weight in moisture and helps skin heal without scarring (and nerves too). There are chemicals that cross the blood-skin barrier, however, the collagen bonding sounds odd to me.
For me, it's prolly a lifetime committment due to the HA. If I had "normal" skin, maybe not so much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not one to spend a lot of money on skin care products, but a friend of mine hailed this as a great moisturizer. After 4 days of application, my skin broke out in a red rash and with some cystic acne. Truly, my face became the "before" picture, while before using it, it more resembled the "after."
I cannot say it won't work for someone else, but i must have a sensitive allergy to one of the ingredients. Be careful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got suckered into the auto ship program that wouldn't stop. I did like the product but didn't see much difference between using it or baby oil as it was a bit oily for my already oily skin. What I do like is the before/after pop up advertising they use.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by GrauFrau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

FACT: Topical collagen cannot replace lost collagen as it is incapable of penetrating skin cells - regardless of what a company claims, this tech doesn't exist (yet). However, collagen creams/lotions/serums do moisturize because the collagen in the cream holds many times its own weight in water. Therefore, you can use any good moisturizer on your face for the same effect, OR you can give large amounts of money to a company that LIES in very specific ways about what its product is and does, things which this product isn't and doesn't (CANNOT!) do.

FACT: The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has rated this company (Hydroderm LLC) a grade F. Yes, that's F as in Failing. F as in Fraud. F as in so many consumer complaints that it's only a matter of time before the company is Finally shut down.

FACT: There is absolutely nothing wrong with having lines on your face. It's normal to age. Aging is a natural process. It's ok to age, I promise.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 6:47:00 AM More reviews by poesha

There is a new way to spell the word SCAM; you now spell it Hydroderm.
It's such a pathetic scam it's laughable. Returning or exchanging something is like pulling teeth and of course once they have your address the junk mail doesn't stop. They of course automatically enroll you in their special "club" and you have to quit your job so you have time to get them off that damn thing.

The cellulite cream has these weird garins in it and smells funky. The facial moisterizer stings my face and the packaging is so cheesy. The wrinkle serum is greasy, might as well rub fried chicken on my face.

In short; don't do it. Just trust me on this one. Do NOT go near this product or Co.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2006 11:17:00 AM More reviews by OlderwithMoreInsurance

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Being a licensed, paramedical esthetician, I was curious what this product could truly do.
I have moderately aged skin and am almost 60 years old. I have taken good care of my skin and avoided the sun for the past 30 years. Mainly cleansing and moisturizing and sunscreen. But, I am alway interested in trying something new.
After trying the product for several weeks, I actually see no change from my regular, cleansing, moisturizing routine.
I was also put off by the slimey feel and odd smell of this product.
I guess if you haven't done anything for your skin regularly you may see a difference..but I certainly don't feel it lives up to the "hype" of the advertisement. I wouldn't waste my money.
Also didn't like the "free" scam of something that certainly isn't free!
NOTHING IS FREE

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Lacinda01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is the BEST wrinkle reducer I've ever used. My fine lines and wrinkles are all but gone, deep wrinkles are at least 60% reduced and my skin is tighter and thicker. I have wasted tons of money on wrinkle creams and never found anything that came even close to what Hydroderm has done. I joined the auto ship program, have had no problems with the company, am able to get through to customer service within minutes and there were no hidden agendas from the company. I was informed, at least 3 times, in big bold print while signing up for the free trial amount, that I would also be on auto-ship unless I called to cancel. Even then, you can cancel at any time or return the product. Some of these bad reviews make me suspicious that they are written by ppl offended by the ingredient calf skin listed in this product. (Animal rights activists are a strange breed sometimes). This is one product you DONT want to rely on the negative reviews for. I HIGHLY recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2006 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Melanie227aud

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible. I saw absolutely no results whatsoever. The only thing it did was cause cystic acne breakouts on my face. And the "free" trial return process has been a nightmare. I wish I had researched the internet on Hydroderm before trying this. There are some eye-opening stories out there. I advise anyone to do their research before trying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Rhonan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was pretty sceptical about this stuff - there are only two pictures in the 'before and afters' on their site that looked convincing, but their insistance that their medical data shows delivery of a complete collagen molecule to the deepest layers of the dermis made me interested enough in it to try it. I've been using it for a month now, and believe it or not, my skin looks plumper, my fine lines are almost impossible to find, and when I smile, the skin around my eyes looks much less crinkled. I am also using their lip products, which seem to be working as well. They have an overnight application, a daytime application which is some pretty nice glossy long lastiing moisturizing stuff, plus an exfoliator. My lips are at their plumpest, that's for sure.

Take this for what it is worth - one person's impression of this product. Scientifically I would still like to see some more data, but personally I am going to keep using it.

I am coming back to add that a bought their oil free moisturizer to use at night and I think that stuff is the bomb. Incredibly moisturizing and really seems to be helping to fade even the little laugh line creases I was starting to see. And when I wake up with 'pillow' face (you know - those lines you get from creases in your pillow) they fad within the hour instead of lasting half the day which is what they used to do. I feel like I am being given back my 20 year old skin at 41.