April 24, 2014 | 1874 users online

Fragrances - Tommy Hilfiger - true star gold

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

This is a very "green," smelling scent to me. Its very bright, clean, very fresh for day. It reminds me of Cliniques Happy, yet less citrus which some smell, not sure I smell that but the two scents go well together layered. This is more a spring, summer fragrance with good lasting power and nothing lasts on me. I have only been using a good sized sample of this, do not own, but would like to. I love happy, bright scents for warm weather. I have never owned a TH scent before, but this one is much more to my liking. Lately as winter drags on, these "green" scents are drawing me in more and more.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by areyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've had this perfume for some time now, but i never really used it. until recently i found it in my stash, and looove the scent! i used Ralph Lauren, the light blue one, not sure of the name, but it might be the original, and found that, maybe too musky, idk, just not appealing to me right now, so i'm glad i have this TH one to use for spring/summer. =) as both perfume are my current ones, both are my favs, i'm just using the TH one right now. =)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by laurajaynee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this scent is very light,fruity and sweet. does not suit me as i like a heavier fragrance.
i think this perfume suits teens and young adults

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Cravengirl

I received this in a free gift bag. Smelling it straight out of the bottle was not appealing to me, but I tried wearing it to see if it smelled better on my skin. I didn't notice an improvement. It is very sour smelling to my nose, and it seems artificial.

I typically go for more vanially scents so that might affect my perception.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by harleydiva08

I love this scent even thought I am a true fan of the original scent this is a close second! I discovered late due to the fact I got an awsome deal on the set now!!! Great scent but it does fade quickly compared to other perfumes I own....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by hanulka

absolutely love this fragrance. it was a gift and for the first time it was a fragtrance that totally suit me. for me itīs very light, pleasant smell and it lasts very, very long. i wanted to try something new, so currently i īm using lancome miracle, but i certainly buy true star gold again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 6:36:00 AM More reviews by juad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is nice. Smells citrusy and milky at the same time, lemon + acid note resembling kiwi + sweet pea/wild tuberous pea + milk + cucurbit flower. Warmer that original True Star.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Okay... Finally...there is a Tommy Hilfiger perfume I like. True Star Gold is a lot better than the original True Star, imo. Classified as a Floral-fruity, it's light and floral fresh on me. Just lovely! I have enjoyed wearing it as a casual scent for the past two days. My only criticism is that the lasting power is poor. And while layering is usually a sure cure for this issue, the matching body lotion for True Star Gold is a "shimmering" body lotion... (I hate "shimmer" in my lotion.) Anyway, I like the scent enough to keep a bottle in my collection... And what a deal... it can be found very reasonably priced. While I'm not a budget shopper, personally, when I find something that I like and it's this cheap, it's like finding money in a place I least expected to find it!! --- Advertised Notes: TOP: Provence Melon, Golden Kiwi, Red Currant, MIDDLE: Pumpkin Flower, Linden Blossom, Golden Pollen, BASE: Milk, Raspberry, Honey, Sisal, Lily, Tulip Wood

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2006 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Superhen

I bought it for summer (it got my attention for the cheap price !) and enjoyed it, it lifted my spirit during working days in the office !
Among the notes I appreciate that grass and honey smell.
Sorry it does not last long...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by annalisameyer

This is nice enough -- I smelled it on a sales clerk at a pharmacy and asked what it was. On her it smelled great -- soft and inviting. I sprayed some on today and I'm not that impressed. tt just isn't great on me. It smells quite a bit like the Clinique Happy line to me, more like Happy Heart or Happy To Be than plain Happy.