August 30, 2014 | 1024 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Curel - Continuous Comfort Lotion-Scented

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Amickel

This lotion is awesome. It works extremely well.

The Good:
It leaves my skin smooth, moisturized, not at all sticky or oily. When I wash my hands after using other lotions, my hands feel slippery during the wash and dry afterwards, possibly because the lotions were not absorbed by my skin. But with this lotion, my hands do not feel slippery when I wash them, the lotion was COMPLETELY absorbed by my skin, and they are just as soft after washing. This is a wonderful product if you wash your hands frequently.

The Bad:
I strongly dislike the scent. It smells somewhat like cheap soap. But they do have a scent-free version of the same product, be sure to pick that one up instead!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Curel Continuous Comfort Original Formula is my favorite lotion. It goes on smoothly without being sticky or slimy and dries down perfectly soft. The scent is fine too. I can even put it on my face with no issue. This has been my fav for a long time and I will continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry, very itchy skin and chronic eczema on my hands.

I have finally found my HG body lotion!!! I read the back of the bottle carefully and it recommends to apply on dry skin. After nearly a lifetime of applying lotions, creams to my wet, out of the shower skin, I was a little skeptical. Last night I was so itchy, I was going out of my mind. I applied this Curel lotion for the first time straight onto dry skin and my skin literally drank it up and went from dry and flaky to moist and plump! The real litmus test of the effectiveness of this lotion was when for a lark I applied a 'little' to my dry, flaky, cracking heel skin. My reptilian skin drank it right up. It absorbed instantly and I was speechless at the instant softness. My heels are still soft this morning. I guess I just discovered my HG foot lotion too! This lotion may seem light but it absorbs right away like no other lotion I have ever used, leaving nothing but soft, soothed, cooled, plump skin. All Eucerin ever did was coat my skin with grease. No other lotion or cream has every soothed my skin like Curel has. I'm tossing the several dozen partially used lotions/creams/butters that litter my home and I'm buying a fragrance-free version so I have the option. The scented lotion is so lightly, and pleasantly scented too. The fragrance is a light jasmine/orange flower beachy scent. Oh, and today, I used it on my face and it was just what my parched skin needed. Not only does it feel great, it plumped all the fine lines around my eyes! RAVE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 2:33:00 AM More reviews by verdant0green

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pleasant lotion...but the description is a bit misleading, as it says it "comforts and relieves dry, itchy, irritated skin", but really, I think its more for "normal" skin where you just want more moisture/softer skin. If you have a clinical skin problem, I don't think this would be it for you. My skin is normal however, so I found this to be perfect. It wasn't so light as to be ineffective, but not so heavy as to be greasy and heavy. I apply it after a shower and it absorbs not SUPER quick, but quick enough. The fragrance is the reason I said No to buying this again, as it has a sort of powdery scent. If that's your thing, you'd probably like this, but its not really mine. However, the fragrance is light enough so it doesn't really bother me much...I'll definitely finish out the bottle, just that when I repurchase, I'll pick up the unscented instead.

***Update*** I've been using this for a week now, everyday after my shower. My skin is noticeably softer, love this lotion <3 <3 <3 Only quarrel is with the scent, but I'm not going to knock off points for that since they do carry an unscented, and I know many people like powdery scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 8:34:00 AM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the little hand cream tube of this. I have others in my purse, but this is my favorite. Most "good" hand creams are heavy, rich, but greasy. This one does the job without being greasy at all. I mean not at all. Sinks right in, but leaves smooth hands behind. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by amberbella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this lotion. It is the ONLY lotion that I have found that both feels good and is a scent that doesn't drive me crazy. I have fairly normal skin, though I suffer from dry hands due to lots of handwashing. My favorite feature of this lotion is that it quickly absorbs and doesn't leave me feeling greasy all day long. It just sinks right into my skin and leaves this lovely, pleasant, scent and softness. It takes care of my dry, irritated hands and keeps my elbows smooth. Now that I'm pregnant, I'm also using it on my belly to keep the itchies away....it's working well so far!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2006 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ObVusChild

As someone else said below, I bought this for the summer though I usually use the ultra-healing kind. But I found this to be pretty weak moisturizing my legs. It wasn't a disaster, but I was really happy to get back to the ultra-healing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2006 5:11:00 PM More reviews by leahs12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best hand lotion I have tried so far. After the winter my hands were extremely chapped, and most moisturizers I tried worked for about an hour but then my dry skin showed through. After using this my dry skin disappeared and has not returned. I love how quickly it absorbs into your skin so you do not feel like you have a layer of wax or cream on your hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by okidoki35

I first discovered this product when I worked in a hospital. I constantly cleaned my hands with those alcohol gels, which made my hands super dry. But Curel saved my hands. It almost feels like it 'coats' my hands, and leaves a protective film on them after i used it. It doesn't feel greasy at all, but my hands stayed moisturized for a long time. It has a very subtle fragrance, smell great.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2006 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Namaste2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like curel overall and this lotion has the potential to be my HG. Too bad it is not moisturizing enough. I used the stronger one in the past which is a bit better (not much). But I LOVE the fragrance of this lotion. It is kind of like a baby clean scent. So what I do is add some Vaseline to it and that does the trick. I don't know why they don't make the thicker version with the fragrance as an option.