November 23, 2014 | 1494 users online

Palettes - NARS - 9937

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2006 10:32:00 PM More reviews by enya

my first NARS palette - and it rocks! heard it's one of the holiday 2005 editions. most of NARS e/s are quite bold and dramatic for my taste but i love the color combination in this one. the brownish/ neutral tones are definitely wearable. and i agree with the other review that one of the blushes look scary in the box but when layered with the other it's absolutley gorgeous. the other one, looks great on it's own too, with it's pale pink tone and shimmers. the lip colors are the least outstanding but nevertheless very easy to carry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2005 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NW45 and this is my second NARS palette...first being Honey Rider. This palette is simply gorgeous. All the colours show up and work beautifully...you just cant go wrong. The eye shadows lasted all day, the blushes till some time after lunch which is great considering how oily my skin gets. If I could have picked my own colours to put in a palette, this collection is it. Worth every single penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2005 8:45:00 AM More reviews by ginagate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second NARS palette, but strangely enough (even through my lust for the Tropical Heat Wave Palette) the first one to make me understand what the fuss is about.

Basically, this palette is what I'd hoped the MAC sparkle palette would be, but wasn't. Here, the pinks and plums are pigmented enough for my NC45/AAA/GGG/DDD skin, and blend well for even a novice like me to work with. In fact, Nepal and Ondine are getting so much use that I may have to purchase the eye shadows separately. Heaven I is light enough (but not chalky) to use as a wash, and night fever is wonderfully pigmented and dark enough to use as liner or for a smoky eye.

Desire and Sin work (surprisingly!) great on me, even though desire is scary-looking in the case. It goes on rather sheer and even works well when layered under Sin.

I bought pigalle after sampling it here, and Russian Doll may not be too far behind. RD is a pretty berry that you can layer to be more dramatic, or use sparingly for a more stained look. The two lip lacquers (espeically charity) I use more as a shine-builder for the lipsticks, as they are a little cool-toned for me. But as they are sheer, it doesn't matter too much.

Shop Etc. did a feature on this palette in the Dec/Jan issue, and as you can see on the model there, the colors are superb for darker skin tones. I'm sure it would work on lighter girls, too. This palette is definitely a winner.

Colors:
4 shadows (Nepal, Ondine, Heaven, and Night Fever)
2 cheek colors (Desire and Sin)
4 lip colors. 2 lipsticks (russian doll and pigalle) and 2 lip lacquers (vagabond and chastity).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No