October 22, 2014 | 1766 users online

Skincare - Body - Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E gel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by turtlegirl82

Great for your body. It is fast-absorbing, non-greasy and contains no alcohol. It also works on scars and burns. One of the best products if you have blemish-prone or oily to very oily skin. But you can also use it as a base coat if you have very dry skin, to seal in the moisture, and then follow up with a slightly heavier body lotion such as Vaseline cocoa butter or Jergens Shea butter. I do this in the winter on my legs, forearms and feet, and it seals the moisture in great without greasing me up.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by sumansaran

This is one of the few products I used consistently for about 6 months, but have recently realized it wasn't doing much for me. Actually, it neither hurt nor did good. During the time I used it, my skin tone did not improve much and I think I might even have dried my skin out a lot b/c I started scarring very easily. I really wanted this to work and perhaps it did to some extent. I'm going to use up the bottle by mixing it up with other lotions/creams. There is some alcohol content in this gel and I think this might have been slightly irritating. It was ok for summer time, but some extra moisturizer could've been mixed in with it for the winter months. I don't think I will repurchase. I would recommend vitamin E oil over this, and will try the aloe vera gel instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by TCamille

After reading all the rave reviews on this product from different hair care boards, makeupalley, etc. I decided to give this gel a try as a facial moisturizer. One evening, I washed my face with my cleanser and applied this gel to a wet face. It felt smooth and moisturizing going on, but not long after the application I noticed the outter corners of my eyes started to burn. I didnt worry too much because I figured that the gel was just doing it's job, which is to remove/prevent wrinkles and provide moisture.

I woke up the next morning and my skin was soft smooth and hydrated. Very pretty. Again I washed my face that morning and I applied the gel again on my wet face, but this time the burning on the outter corners of my eyes had gotten worse. My skin was inflamed and I was a bit alarmed. I applied some vaseline over that area and went about my day. By the next morning the skin on the outter corners of my eyes had turned dark and had scabbed up. My eye looked bruised. I was shocked and then by closer inspection, I noticed my skin started forming little white bumps on my forehead and other areas on my face. I never ever get those so I know it came from this gel. The funny thing is that this gel made the rest of the my skin smooth and buttery, but it leaves bumps and is too harsh for the sensitive skin around my eyes.

Bummer! I thought I was really going to love this gel so I ordered six bottles from Fruit of the Earth Company in Texas. Sadly, Im gonna have to put them up on Ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2005 12:32:00 AM More reviews by SHANA14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this product at my local dollar tree and I stocked up. I use it under my facial moisturizer. It absorbs into the skin very well and leaves it really smooth. It also brightens up the complexion. Now that it's getting cold I use it on my whole body. Really keeps my skin moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2005 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

Although this product is meant for the body, it is versatile for just about anything like the FOTE Aloe gel. This one is yellow and more moisturizing b/c it has glycerin and more vitamin e. I used this as a night-time moisturizer, as my skin was dry in some parts( I have oily skin, but more combo in winter) and it worked pretty well! I was not expecting it to but it sinks right in, feels sticky at first but gives the right amount of moisture. I was fearing those little white bumps that have been encountered in the past due to heavy/oil based creams. i also find makeup goes on smoothly and it doesn't leave an "oil slick". It also lasts a really long time and it is simple, yet effective. I like FOTE Pure Aloe gel too, for bug bites, eyebrow tweezing but as a facial moisturizer IMO, is a bit too drying. Overall good product staple to haver around the house. The Vit.E gel also claims to get rid of "tiny lines around the mouth and eyes" so that's a plus, as opposed to getting the face sandblasted:) Again, IMO, it is hard to find moisturizers for oily/combo skin that are not pore clogging,so this is good since the only oil it has is vitamin e which is good for the skin, also it is alcohol-free,contains aloe vera which is suposed to heal, while glycerin moisturizes. Just don't get it too close to your eyes!