Laura Mercier Secret Concealer

3.8

Petrolatum, Lanolin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Paraffin, Propylparaben. /- [May contain]: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007).

on 8/21/2015 2:22:00 AM

Best I've found so far. Doesn't 100% cover up darkness under my eyes (I'm super pale so it's quite a contrast) but it does a really good job and makes me look very flawless and awake - it's lovely stuff.

The longevity on me is fantastic, and I'm super oily. I set it with elf undereye powder and it works wonderfully. It creases ever so slightly but I can only notice if I pull at my undereye area to specifically check - it's not visible otherwise. I don't think an undereye product that doesn't crease AT ALL even exists, so I'm definitely happy with these results.

on 8/9/2015 10:53:00 PM

Definite HG status. I'm on my fourth jar of this and I can't imagine using anything else. Before I found this, I used Prescriptives Flawless Skin for years and I've tried the celebrated Vichy Dermablend and Clarins Instant Concealer, but none of those provided the coverage that this does.

Pros:
-Creamy and does not settle into fine lines
-Can be applied easily with fingers
-Looks natural on bare skin (I don't wear any other kind of foundation or powder)
-Lasts all day

Cons:
-A little pricey and the jar only lasts about 4-5 months

Still, a terrific product!

on 7/8/2015 1:28:00 PM

The girl at nordstrom told me she was super dry and uses this all over as foundation love it under my laura mercier powder foundation

on 3/27/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really do like this. I got it in 0.5 and it really covers my dark circles well! It also doesn't crease on me, which Bobbi Brown Correctors do. You also get about twice the amount of product in this rather than in the BB Corrector, and it's basically the same price.

Would definitely purchase again when I run out!

on 3/22/2015 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is great for my under eye circles. I haven't found anything that covers them completely but this offers fairly high coverage and it doesn't migrate down my face like a lot of other concealers too. I think it has to do with the texture - runny concealers do nothing for me, but this one is quite thick. Con: it settles into the fine lines below my eye, but I have yet to find a concealer that doesn't do that, so I can't knock it too hard.

on 3/19/2015 1:42:00 AM

after hearing many girls say great things about this concealer & seeing how good it looked on many girls, I decided to go for it, even tho it was $30 for 0.08 oz of product. although it's such a small amount, it actlly lasts a very long time. I tried a sample from sephora b4 i decided I wanted to get it & the sample was a super tiny amount but it lasted me about a month when I used it everyday. i use shade #1 & it's perf for my olive skin. the formula is very hydrating & creamy, & super blendable. the coverage is ok, I have very dark under eye circles from sleep deprivation & this concealer covers them up well except for the lower part of the circles, so I always have to add a second or third layer of concealer on tht part of my circles. I've tried many different ways of applying this concealer, & I found it works best for me by using a concealer brush to draw an upside-down triangle under my eyes w the concealer & fill it in, then blend it in by patting it into my skin with my ring finger (the most gentle finger) or a beauty blender if I had one. (I also use this concealer to cover up a vein & it does a decent job.) it looks smooth & natural, almost as if you're not wearing any concealer. it doesn't settle into fine lines, & it doesn't crease dramatically, but it still creases a bit, but what concealer doesn't? it gives a dewy finish, sometimes more greasy than dewy, unless u blend it in w a brush, it'll b very matte. I use a setting powder over it to control the shine & it does the job & looks great. it doesn't last very long, it'll last just a few hrs for me. the packaging is ok, but if I'm in a rush sometimes I have to re-twist the lid if it doesn't go on properly. I dnt think its a reasonable price bc they give u a very small amount of product, & it's not long-lasting. overall tho it's a good concealer, i only wouldnt repurchase bc there's a few other concealers I want to try & I want to spend less money on my beauty products.

on 3/18/2015 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in shade 0.5 and it looks great under my eyes because it is super pigmented and adds a nice brightening effect. However, it doesn't seem to last very long no matter how much I set it with powder, after a few hours it will start to crease and settle into the fine lines of the eye area. It's also very creamy and doesn't become matte so it didn't really suit my very oily skin. I'll just be using this as a highlight from now on.

on 3/16/2015 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer appears to be very pigmented but seems to disappear almost immediately after blending it in, which is also quite hard to do, and which you don't want to be doing on the thin delicate skin under your eyes. So I always have to add a few layers which takes forever, and the stuff creases like crazy and doesn't last. Wouldn't buy this again.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I got this in the lightest shade 1, and it was still way too dark for me! Laura Mercier products seem to come in darker tones and don't suite fair skinned people well at all. The consistency was too thick so it was hard to blend under the eyes. The pigmentation was actually pretty good but I was unable to enjoy that due to the color and the texture of this product.

I am at my second pot because I can't find anything better than this.

I have quite obvious dark circles as I have pale skin, it makes me look even more sick and tired. The texture is creamy and smooth, usually i will use my fingers to apply directly to my undereye.

However, the coverage is not exactly enough for me and it doesn't stay long enough. But the creamy texture allows me to re-apply when needed. Usually, I will use some powder to set the concealer hoping it can stay longer.