January 28, 2015 | 963 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2015 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Joline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer hides perfecty all dark circles while leaving the delicate under- eye area smooth and dewy-looking. I appreciate this very much and prefer it to a powdery finish. You need only a tiny, tiny amount of product so a little goes a long way and it's really worth the steep price tag. My only complaint is the pot it comes with. For hygienic reasons I prefer squeeze tubes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by raluko

This is the best concealer for dark circles I have been able to find. I use it on top of my YSL Touche Eclat and it works beautifully. It`s pretty moisturizing and the color coverage is amazing. It blends well, and the truth is that it does initially settle into fine lines, but you can use your fingers to blend it more and it turns out all right. The product is packaged nicely in a small plastic jar and it lasts a good while. I`m on my second jar now.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mztina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am an NC20 in Mac terms and I got this in Color 1. I can't speak for the color match, as this was not very pigmented. It didn't cover my circles very well and did not last long either. I have used up the entire concealer as I experimented with different brushes, setting powders and primers. My under eyes are every dry and I thought with such a creamy concealer it would be compatible. This somehow accentuates my dry patches even more and it creases like crazy. Over all this was a skip. It's pricey for what it does. No lasting power, hardly any coverage and the pot isn't very sanitary (doesn't bother me but I know it bothers some).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by abigtourist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this at first because I thought it looked very orange -- not really the color I want for my undereyes. After playing with it a couple of times, I found that the orangey tinge actually counteracted the nasty dark blue color of my undereyes. Patting this with my ring finger rapidly yet softly really blends it without sheering it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by kearro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer has a nice creamy consistency and blends well while still providing adequate coverage for problem areas. The color I selected was a good match (COLOR 1.5 - light beige for light complexion w/ pink undertone) for someone with a lighter skin tone, brown hair and hazel eyes. At $30 for 0.08 oz it seemed a bit pricey, but you don't use a lot and I can tell it will last a long time. I haven't had issues with creasing and it lasts all day. The Packaging is functional and durable. All-in-all I am satisfied with my purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i really think this is the best under eye concealer ive ever used.. it has really good coverage and last all day. the only bad i can say was it runs out quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Coebags

I originally bought shade number 1 and was disappointed and didn't understand the hype because no matter how well I blended it I could still see it under my eyes and it didn't do much to conceal my dark shadows. Then after doing some research I saw that there is a lighter shade #0.5. This shade is perfect! I'm quite fair but I wouldn't say I'm really fair so I think a lot of people might get the wrong shade. This just sinks in to my skin, it's not orange and does a fantastic job. A little bit goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I never gave this a try until recently, when LM expanded the color selections. The 1 was always too white and the 2 was too dark and yellow. But 1.5 is perfect, and I fell for the whole system - the Secret Concealer, the brush, the Secret Brightening Powder to set it. Oh, and the brush for that! The whole thing struck me as overkill and I resisted it for years, but I find that it works really well. It does stay put, and It seems like the products will last a very long time.

I have had some itchy experiences with liquid eye brighteners (the mica?), so I was happy to find something problem-free that stays on. I don't think it's intended for breakouts, but I have used it in a pinch and it didn't seem to make anything worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ViMaquillage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this concealer. I'm currently on my 3rd pot and have applied it various ways.
My favorite application is with a Beauty Blender, it just helps blend the product seamlessly into your skin and a little goes a long way. I think that by using the BB, I don't use up as much during daily application so it saves me from using it up so quickly. It also looks so natural and blending is easy.

This is a great under eye concealer as it's so creamy and emollient.

If you don't have a beauty blender and choose to apply it with a brush or fingers, I definitely recommend setting it with LM Secret Power or an equivalent as it does tend to slip through out the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have deep-set eyes, so finding a good concealer has been challenging.
I was at the LM counter and decided to try her concealer. The LM matched my color and showed me how to apply. Although I'm not fond of pots for beauty products, I figures I could dab a clean Q-tip in to keep the product fresh.
Texture: creamy and smooth, goes on without any drag. I dab with Q-tip and pat with finger, or else use a clean brush as shown by SA. Color looks dark in the pot and goes on a bit orange (I'm using color 1) but by the time application is done the orange is gone and the color is perfect for my NW15 complexion. Also, this can disguise blemishes.
Packaging: Pots aren't my favorite, but it's pretty portable. A little goes a long way-- don't be fooled!
Wear: With the barest dusting of sheer powder it lasts all day.
Color: Has a wide range; glad I let the SA help me decide. As I wrote, color 1 works for me.
Price: At US$23 for the little pot, it seems very expensive, but honestly, I've paid more for Chanel concealer I liked less. And I've paid as much for Becca concealer in the wrong color (because I bought on-line), and that concelaer was draggy on me. I figure like this: you pay more for department store brands because you're paying for the SA to help you match. Don't get me wrong: I love drugstore lipliners, lipsticks, eyeliners, cleansers, and more. What I save on some is what I can spend where I need to on department store products.
Verdict: This concealer works. I would advise buying it in person and maybe living with it before deciding if it's right (color, texture, wear, etc.) for you. With 12 colors to choose from, there's sure to be one right for you.