November 23, 2014 | 2180 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Cool Moisture foaming cleanser with cucumber extract and green tea

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Skin69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not sure if the old formula is any different but I used to use the old 2 in one cleanser and toner by dove which I loved so I decided to give this one a go. I hate to say I really disliked this one because it felt really soapy (like bar soap) and left a tacky feeling on my skin when I rinsed it off, it felt like I had a tight film around my face after cleansing. NOT FOR DRY/SENSITIVE SKIN, for reference I have combination skin and I don't like how it feels on all parts of my skin. The fragrance also stings sensitive parts of my skin since the product has quite a lot of fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A good basic cleanser for normal, oily, or combination skin. It feels like a soap when you use it, but it's not drying. It doesn't lather up very well, but it does seem to remove residue and makeup pretty well, except for around the eyes, so you will need a makeup remover for that. This really does sting if you get it in your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by mizzjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After washing your skin feels fresh and soft. However, it doesn't really remove makeup well. Good packaging, value, and scent. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

I think this is a decent drugstore facial cleanser. It has dense foam and cleanses well. It has a pleasant scent. It's a little drying like most facial cleansers but just dab some moisturizer on afterwards, it's not the end of the world.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this out of curiosity because the product description sounded really interesting. I find the name of this cleanser misleading because it doesn't really leave a cool sensation but rather a thick, creamy (and rather mushy) feeling to my skin, and it doesn't foam up at all... I find this too greasy for my face perhaps it's not meant for combination skin but this surprisingly works really well as a shaving cream because it keeps the skin moisturized so there's no need to use a body moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by rgrsinc

This is the best cleanser and the only one that I've sworn by for six years! It's kept my skin clear all year round!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by crimrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this yesterday on a whim, after seeing that it was on sale at the drugstore and I've been wanting to get a new cleanser anyway. I've never tried any of Dove's other skincare products before this; only thing I have tried of Dove's are their beauty bars and their anti-perspirant, both of which I liked, so I decided to try this.

I have normal to combination skin, which the cleanser claims it is designed for, so I thought, great. The scent is quite nice, though it might be problematic for sensitive skin (I have very resilient skin most of the time, I can wear pretty much anything - just luck). It's subtle.

Before I had been using St. Ives Apricot Cleanser in their Blemish Fighting formula, because it has BHA in it. However I found it to be very harsh and rough on my skin, and especially seemed to suck the moisture out of it, so I'd be dry and flaky.

So the best thing about this cleanser, for me, is the texture. It is creamy and rich, and I feel less like I am dry. I haven't noticed a drastic increase in oil production either despite that this cleanser is very rich, but that's probably because I mostly I have fairly normal skin - it may exacerbate the problem for people with oily skin.

Overall, I like this cleanser. I've only had it a short time and only used it three times, but I liked how it cleared up the oil on my face and gave me a fresh feeling and really prepped my skin nicely for makeup. It may have problems for some people, but this feels MUCH nicer than my old cleanser, I can tell you! I will update this if my opinion changes, however.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by oxnicoleox3

Usually, I don't really like cleansers. After I use them, they often don't even feel like I just washed my face. But this one actually makes my skin feel clean. I like how it foams and it smells great. It's super gentle for sensitive skin. Great buy!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by scissorbrit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Hated this cleanser but I ADORE the dove gentle exfoliating cleanser! My sis bought this one when she came to visit me and left it with me when she flew home but I felt this one made me break out a bit or just made me feel not clean and moisturized. I dunno. I really just wasn't a fan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try this for 2 reasons.
1 - It's Dove and I've had the best luck with Dove skin care
2 - It's $3 at Big Lots. Of course, that probably means it's discontinued
I don't find that this foams at all nor does it seem to deep clean like a fruit oil cleanser would. Of course, it is a cream cleanser, not fruit oil. Nonetheless, I expected it to foam and clean, like Clinique's foaming cleanser. On that point it disappoints.
I feel that, if it were a true foaming cleanser, I would experience more deep cleaning.
Overall, it has a nice scent, does a fair job of cleansing but leaves my face feeling a little dry and taut. It doesn't irritate my skin. I use Retin-a so irritation is a big thing.
I can recommend this as a nice gentle cleanser. However; I would have felt robbed if I had paid the $19.98 MSRP on this. At $3, it was a great deal.