July 30, 2014 | 1582 users online

Moisturizers - Christian Dior - HydrAction Deep Hydration Sorbet Creme

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I bought this moisturizer, I loved it! It was simple and moisturizing, and my skin drank it up happily! I used it morning and night, and noticed that my skin became visibly more healthier and glowy. Then I bought my second jar and the magic disappeared. Suddenly the moisturizer didn't work as well anymore and I missed that dewy glow. I finished the jar because it wasn't cheap, but I was very disappointed in the end.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by qwendy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It looks like this might be a good product for younger gals with oily skin, not exactly the anti aging cream market, right? It is loaded with alcohol (the third ingredient) ouch! But prob great for the breakout prone. I always find it do odd to have "good" ingredients in with obviously "bad" ones, what's the point? Great texture though, how about an alcohol and BHT free version?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

I love this moisturizer, its the second time I've purchased it already. I have combination skin and it makes my skin feel amazing and hydrated.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Rhythm21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought I would like this because I like the Hydraction TM. I've only used this about a week but my skin hasn't been this bad in 3 years. The day after I used it, I woke up with stinging red irritation on my cheeks and bumps between my eyebrows. In the last few days my skin has become extremely dry and rough to the touch (like sandpaper) and has broken out in random places. I've NEVER had a reaction this bad to a product before. I'm no expert but I think it may be the alcohol content. I stopped using it for 2 days and my skin has almost returned to normal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been on a moisturizing kick lately,I have been trying so many, I tried this creme at the counter today and I am impressed with it, I will try it for about 2 weeks and let you know how it is doing but so far so good, I like the fact that it is very smooth in application and has very good ingredients for your skin, hope to update with good results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 6:29:00 AM More reviews by tweety1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample from the Dior counter in John lawis from the lady there she was so helpful I didnt think it was going to be as good as It proved to be my skin is so hydrated and feel so soft I am so Impressed with this product!! would I buy it ,I guess I would

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I been using this for about 4 months. I chose it because i wanted something light to use during summer as I have very oily skin, so i only need something light that wont make me an oil slick by the time i wake up in the morning. This makes my skin very soft upon application. And it absorbed by skin quickly. Though I have to skip toner when using this, as I have noticed that my skin became very oily when i was using it with my dior toner. I can tell my skin seems more even, and the cheeks area is more smooth and a bit glowy as well. However, it doesnt really improve the overall condition of my skin much or reduce the pore size. I would repurchase since this is not very heavy, feel just right for my skin. But I wouldn't say it is my HG as I dont feel any dramatical change from using it after 4 months....

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by olivia22

I haven't actually bought this product but because a lot of moisturisers react badly with my skin and give me a rash around my eyes even though I don't put moisturiser near my eyes! Instead I asked for a sample, but the sales assistant didn't have any sachets so she put some into a small plastic pot for me. I used it for a few days but actually found that it made my skin feel drier - totally the opposite to what you would want from an expensive moisturiser! I was also quite distubed to find that a week after I got the sample and had used it up, the cream had actually corroded the plastic pot! I can't imagine what it must do to your skin if it does that to plastic. It's also the only reason i can think for the packaging in a nicely weighted glass pot. However nice the packaging may be, it hides the sin of the creams corrosive nature.
Save your money and buy a moisturiser worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I LOVE this moisturiser, really its pretty much perfect i think! I have combo skin- oily t zone and dry forehead and other areas on my face- as in flakey dry! This moisturiser is a godsend- it sorts out all my dry skin, is very hydrating but not oily or rich at all (there are other 'hydraction' mosturisers more rich which i considered but glad i picked this in the end) as i think for me, its moisturising enough. Glides on very smoothly, is light and hydrating at the same time, i cant say that in this summer weather my skin isnt getting slightly shiny with this moisturiser because it is, but i think thats expected with any moisturiser in the summer heat, i even have that with oil controlling moisturisers but at least my skin and dry areas are hydrating and it just means i re apply my powder on my t zone a few more times. would def re purchse

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by HippieChic82

This moisturizer was nothing special. It definitely isn't suited to wear under make up. My eyeshadow that never creases, creased with this moisturizer. It made my skin feel very heavy, greasy, and shiny.

I guess the average Dior customer has the money to throw away on this. Don't be duped by the sales people who claim this is some sort of miracle product. The make up artist who sold it to me "guaranteed" that this moisturizer would completely eliminate the dry flaking that has recently started appearing under my make up (caused by trying MAC foundations recently). There were still dry patches with this moisturizer. She said "I've been working at this store 23 years, I've been doing this my whole life." That's just a sales pitch they are feeding you to earn their commission. You can get a bottle of Neutrogena moisturizer that is 3 times as big for only $13 or maybe less, depending on the area you are shopping in, and that gets the job done just the same.

$55 for a 1.7 ounce jar of moisturizer is highway robbery. The price is definitely not justified. The make up artist claimed it's supposed to last 6 months, that's impossible.

I suppose it's the nice Dior packaging that make people feel glamorous using it.

Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you should buy it, oftentimes you are just paying for the name, and nothing more.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No