August 23, 2014 | 1426 users online

Eye Shadow - Chantecaille - Lasting Eye Shade - Perle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't add anything to the wonderful descriptions of the colors others have mentioned.

This is better suited on me for my paler, winter complexion. This is a beautiful pink-pearl/opal complexity. I prefer a sheerer shimmer. Their line offers more of an opaque coverage than I prefer. Definitely good coverage with this and no creasing, even w/o a primer on a 14+ hour workday.

Glad I have it and would absolutely repurchase but for summer I have to use a lighter hand than I do in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A note about this eyeshadow and its category: Perle is not a Lasting Eye Shade, it's Chantecaille's Shine formula.

I use Perle rather unconventionally. I agree with all the reviewers who called the color complex; it is a cool-neutral ivory duochrome chilled by both pink and purple undertones, but the effects on skin are so subtle, far more subtle than MAC pigments, though the color reminds me of MAC Pink Opal—just less metallic.

I apply Perle just under the arch in my eyebrow with a pencil brush and then roll my fingertips over the finish to press the pigment into my skin and force any shine particles to lie flat. Then I take a paddle eyeshadow brush and sweep Perle over my cheekbones—under my blush—in a C shape starting from the iris up to meet the end of my eyebrows. I then apply a bit down the bridge of my nose, on my cupid's bow, and just below the crease in my chin. And then I do the same finger press/roll thing to get the pigment to flatten, and what I am left with is glowy skin. No sparkle or even obvious shimmer in full sun—just a healthy glow exactly like a pearl.

Perle completely blows other highlighters I have tried, in both powder and cream format (e.g., Becca, Benefit, Cle de Peau, Trish McEvoy, MAC's Beauty Powder, Edward Bess, etc.) out of the water. Although a powder, Perle stays put all day; in fact, it looks better as my skin warms up and the pigment works with some of the oils beneath the surface—but it never highlights pores. It also looks amazing dabbed in the center of the lower lip with clear or sheer gloss on top (though I have no idea if it's healthy; it's eyeshadow, after all), as well as in the center of the moveable lid, even though Ernesto at Chantecaille told me that was "so 80s." Ha. It still looks good on me.

Perle works so well for me this way, I have at least one refill backup, and I carry a compact with me so I can freshen the glow during the day, but it is almost never needed. This is my most versatile Chantecaille eyeshadow and ranks in the top three by this brand, along with Agate and Meteorite. ♥♥ LOVE ♥♥

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by JENJ5001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shadow is a soft shimmery whiteish shade with very light purple undertones, or maybe I am crazy..lol..... all the reviews for this mentions pink undertones but to me it is a very light purple undertone. In the pan though this does appear to have a very light pink tint to it.The shimmer to this is very soft and therefore i can use this as a all over wash with a soft shimmery crease color for a beautiful result. Chantecaille shadows are not for those who love a pigmented or bold shadow above all else.
I lean towards very neutral/natural colors and these blend seamlessly. I like chantecaille , chanel soft touch, and Laura Mercier eye shadows.( in order of preference). Chantecaille's finely milled eyeshadows are not overly powdery like Laura mercier's seem to be which makes chantecaille's apply and look more natural (IMO).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 12:55:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a nice pearl shade, soft shimmer. Not the best for the price though. But as always, I love the Chantecaille packaging

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 9:13:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

Chantecaille's Perle is a shimmery, cream eyeshadow with a touch of pink. It's beautiful as a highlight and most importantly, it does not oxidize (re: turn orange) the way Bobbi Brown cream-colored eyeshadows do on me. I am only giving it four lippies- although it's a nice shade, it's not particularly unique enough to justify the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous light pink w/enough shimmer that you can use it as a highlighter. Goes on sheer and layers easily. Not an obnoxious pink and not an obnoxious amount of shimmer (which is great for those of us who do not want/need shiny eyelids!). On this super pale PPP w/pink undertones, it opens/wakes up my eye area instantly. With a deep, deep chocolate brown liner and mascara, this is my everyday natural eye look. Can be added to easily for work and evening.

Noted to say: I use this in my Weekend in Paris Palette. (No longer available). So I purchase it in refill form. Great either way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by zoltan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG highlighter on browbone & inner corners of eyes. A very light, flattering shimmery pink that works beautifully w/my coolr-toned PPP skin. I've tried tons of e/s for highlighting, & once I bought this I was satisfied. Simply cannot beat it for wearability and believability. As with all Chantecaille e/s this doesn't appear glittery (like UD) or chalky (like some MAC) It isn't dry (NARS) and the colors actually WORK on you. I won't be w/o Perle - ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 5:51:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Perle is a shine eye shade in a pale pink color. Chantecaille is a huge waste of money IMO. Retailing for a crazy $26 these shadows look pretty but arent very pigmented and fade through the day even with a good base. I prefer more pigment. Too many better quality shadows out there. Comes in a single silver compact with white translucent lid. This is also available in the olivia Palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2005 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Light, neutral and shimmery... like a pearl! I love this shadow! I used it initially to highlight the browbone and loved it!!! Then one day I got lazy and used this as an all over wash with just Shu ME Silver 945 in the crease and oh was it beautiful. Now it's my everyday combination. Blends easily and lasts all day. The only drawback is the price but for me it's worth it. LOVE IT!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2005 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Suil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For this PPP (neutral--can wear cool or warm colors), brown eyes, this is the perfect base for all over the eyes. It's a subtle shimmer in a white/peach/pink shade that opens up your eyes. Alone, it brightens; with other colors under or over, it adds dimension. I love this with Chantecaille granite (dark gray shine w/a touch of taupe) in crease and outer corner and Chantecaille delphinium (med. purple) in inner corner. Like all their shadows, the texture is wonderful and lasting and is subtle. Colors may sound intense but don't look it, even when apply several layers. Elegant flip-top package. These can be fragile--try not to drop them or the shadow may crack.