Maybelline Lash Stylist Mascara ] ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3

3.3

on 4/3/2015 7:42:00 PM

I miss this product so much! I am a regular Maybelline consumer, love their mascaras, but this one was the best I've ever used! I have long lashes and it just made my lashes super sharp, dense at the base, long and curvy with a lacquered look. It gave the real "false lash" look, no clumps. I tried to find similar products out there, and for a while I used a local canadian brand (Anabelle) that had a comb type brush on one end. It did a decent job but the mascara inside the container would dry out quickly. It's also discontinued. I wish they would bring it back...

on 7/28/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am really disapointed they discontinued this. I have very short dark eyelashes & this made them look longer,fuller & was waterproof. Looks like I need to find a new one.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was the best mascara I've ever used!! Why discontinue such a GREAT product??

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently finished my last tube (waaaah!) I heard they discontinued this mascara for shitty lash stiletto which was in my opinion a bust and not worth for discontinuing this treasure of a mascara. ever since that maybelline mascaras have not impressed me at all and i think they really should reconsider bringing it back. maybe if they saw how much its been sold for on ebay and amazon and how much women are willing to pay for this they will realize how stupid it was for their company to pull the plug on it. cargo blu ray mascara made one almost identical with a comb applicator but then that one got discontinued to-_- go figure...anyway if you miss this and want a comb like applicator mascara i highly recommend that you try lightning lash by femme couture sold at Sally beauty supply its the closest I've come to finding something similar for a decent price not identical of course but worth a try if you like this type of mascara. Its one of my favorites now anyway... R.I.P lash stylist you are dearly missed!

on 10/29/2012 12:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am writing this review for women looking to find an alternative or dupe of this discontinued product. This used to be my favorite and I have no idea why they got rid of it, as it was many of my girlfriend's favorite mascara in college as well. Anyway, I started getting it off of ebay until the price skyrocketed. Now I use L'oreal Telescopic Mascara. You will get very similar results if you turn the brush upside down so that the top is curved up towards your lashes like a hill. Hope this helps those who miss this mascara.

on 8/6/2010 3:10:00 PM

I have to agree it's a very good mascara. I've stayed away from Maybelline for a while in favor of more expensive department-store brands, but ever since I started working from home and I don't have to put makeup on every day, the thought of spending $30+ for a tube of something I'll use twice a week and then throw away after three months just wasn't as justifiable. The applicator is unusual, and you have to get used to it. Once you do, however, you'll see that it's useful in ways a regular wand wouldn't be, like applying a very even coat and separating your lashes. I have noticed it may clump if the previous coat dries too much before you put the next coat on, but nothing that a little practice wouldn't help. There is literally nothing I find more trashy-looking than clumpy mascara, and once I've figured out the method, I can happily report my lashes being clump-free every time I've used the Lash Stylist. It lasts all day, too, even in the ridiculously humid Houston climate. I bought it on amazon, for about $10 for two tubes of brown-black. Would definitely buy it again, if anyone still sells it a few months from now.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am almost finished w/ my last tube of this...and can NOT understand how $h*tty old Great Lash is still being pimped out while this mascara is DC'd. It's a great formula w/ a unique applicator that actually works. It lasts all day without flaking, smudging, clumping, etc. I agree w/ others that layering w/ a volumizing mascara (I like Maybellline's Unstoppable/also dc'd...or Colossal) really makes all the difference w/ this. The only comparable product is Loreal's Telescopic. But Lash Stylist is still the best.

on 5/28/2010 2:20:00 PM

This is the best mascara to use as a top coat. Alone it's doesn't do much but if you use a volumizing mascara first and then the Maybelline Lash Stylist mascara, it will make your eyes really stand out and look amazing! I love it and can't go out to the bars/clubs without it!

on 3/22/2010 1:59:00 AM

I refuse to leave the house without mascara, and I have searched high and low for ten years to find the best mascara to volumize my thin, short eyelashes. This is the absolute best mascara I have ever used!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it's discontinued. I still order it online where I can find it because no other mascara, cheap or expensive, has ever come close to being as great. It separates lashes, volumizes, and adds length. It's essentially perfect. Please bring it back, Maybelline!

on 3/13/2010 12:29:00 AM

I was so disappointed to learn this mascara has been discontinued. But I will save the comb and use it in other Maybelline formulas e.g. Great Lash. I always got compliments on my lashes when I used this mascara. Lengthened, defined, and curled. It was great mascara!!!