August 22, 2014 | 1750 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Turnaround Concentrate [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
    - good pump dispenser (hygienic)
    - didn't cause breakouts
    - very moisturizing
    - only need a little

Cons:
    - can't think of one

I don't know if my skin glowed more than before this trial but my skin felt comfortable and not dry even in an air-conditioned office. Being oil-free, this product did not cause breakouts even if I used it overnight. Could buy it but am not thinking it cost-effective if I have to layer another face cream as it suggests.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by dalbotshira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This concentrate brightened and evened out my skin tone as it claimed but the texture of the product made me feel like I had rubbed on wax and as if my skin couldn't breathe. I started to be afraid that it would clog my pores, and just as I had feared, I started developing cystic acne and lots and lots of whitehead. I used this after my cleansing and toning without any moisturizer on top of it because of my oily skin. I had been using another product before this that made me break out and I know I probably should have let that heal first by a tried and tested product that I knew worked for me before using a new product. But I read so many good reviews about it, including many that claimed it smoothened out their skin and got rid of acne too. When I came back and read reviews just now, I only read bad ones. I am not sure if I had been blind or if the bad reviews just came recently. At first, I only thought it was taking a long time for the previous breakout to heal. I used it for three to four weeks but the acne seemed to worsen. I decided to take a break with a product that I had used before and had been fine on my skin. The acne disappeared within one night of not using this product. I used the other product for a few more days without having any problem but one day, I wanted the brightening effect of this concentrate and decided to give it another chance. I applied it one morning and within the day, I was breaking out again. Now I know I am not using this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by fpih

Let me start by saying that I have sensitive skin that often has allergic reaction to several products. However, Clinique's SA insisted that this was the right product for me since I shouldn't as she said -because of my sensitivity & visible face veins- use a face scrub with beads for exfoliation.

Silly that I am, I fell for it. At least I knew enough not to use it twice a day as the recommendation on the box said. Instead I used it every night with nothing else on top. When after the first week I felt my face a bit sensitive and tingly, I started using it every second night instead of daily and that was fine for about a month, though I also didn't see any improvement on my skin either (then again I probably wasn't using it as often as I should for that to happen). And then, after using it one night after a week or two of disuse, I woke up with a very red face, extreme itchiness and a very irritated, sandpapery texture on my skin that took about a week, Aveeno's calming cream mixed with cortisone and antihistamin pills to calm down eventually. Suffice it to say I haven't used it since. And I also have to add that I've been using Avene's Ystheal -which contains retinol- for over 2 years with no problems whatsoever.

Surprisingly or not, this is the only Clinique product that has caused me an allergic reaction, so I do have to strain to potential buyers the fact that if you have sensitive skin, this is NOT for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by divs85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I spend $80 to buy this product and $300 to see a dermatologist right after because of the HAVOC this product caused for my skin.
    Never before have I had such a terrible acne break out !!
    The doc said that I definitely had an allergic reaction to the product which caused congestion under my skin and then caused me to have an acne breakout within two days of using it.
    This product definitely didn't work for me and I will never use it again !
    It seems to work for other people so it's probably not a bad product but one things for sure.... don't use it if you have sensitive skin !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by lisa1229

this product used to do wonders for my skin. HOWEVER, they changed the formula... and even though the sales told me that the ingredient is pretty much the same, but i feel like it's not as good as the old formula. i'm using this with the Turnaround night cream together, but i don't feel like my skin improved. but overall, i will repurchase only because i haven't found anything that i like better than this yet

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by irvinjon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE:
    After using this for a month i definitely love it!! it makes my skin beautiful and happy so far so good. it makes as a good barrier on my make-up plus after using this so far i didn't get any skin problems and I really repurchase this and also i realy recomend this to all combination and acne prone skin

I love it so far I'm using this for two weeks now and I love it.... It makes me glow and I don't need makeup anymore to look fresh .. It makes my skin radiant and fair without giving me breakouts and zits I'm also a acne prone skin but this helps me glow and be happy... Hope this helps

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by ughhhhhskinsux

I actually still have this pretty full too..lol so if anyone wants it! I used this for about a month and along with the 3 step system (which was recommended by clinique to use together) caused some serious cystic acne! It was insane.. I hate clinique now and after researching all the ingredients I am glad I am not getting addicted to it. They don't use parabens in some of their products but they use alternatives that are just as harmful. We treat our skin like a science project and wonder why adult acne in woman is more and more common! I think going natural is the way to go...it's more expensive but you can feel the difference it makes on your skin:) With any product you should research the ingredients first...I should have...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by erinabeta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually don't write middle-of-the-road reviews and prefer to only comment on products that are rave-worthy or demonstrably terrible...but I feel that my experience with this product might still have some value.

Now, I have to admit right off that I've only been using it for a little over a week and not the usual two weeks necessary to see pronounced results. I would've given it a little more time to make a proper go of it, but I've had to discontinue use after developing some pretty nasty cystic acne on my jaw, chin, and cheeks since I started using it. I won't lay the blame squarely on the Turnaround Concentrate, since I also dabbled with a new foundation in that time. The new foundation could've caused the reaction, or it could've even been a flare-up that squeaked past my usual medication and topical treatments.

However, in the week and some change that I used it, I really didn't notice a change in the texture, clarity, or smoothness of my skin. Don't get me wrong, there's an IMMEDIATE effect of baby-soft smoothness when applied, which felt lovely, but whenever I washed it off and dealt with my own naked skin, I couldn't really see any difference. Turnaround Concentrate, itself, reminds me of a silicone primer in a lot of ways. I know it's -not- a silicone primer, but the texture is the same: silky and smooth on the skin, but the effect is gone as soon as you take it off.

The main reason that I decided to go with an overall 2 versus a 3, though, was the way it negatively impacted the application of my makeup. It seemed to add another layer that made the coverage patchyl--not super obvious, but I could tell a difference and see that it was off...in much the same way that silicone primers usually affect my makeup. I know, I know, it's NOT a silicone primer, but if you've had a negative experience with them in the past, maybe try a sample of Turnaround Concentrate -first-, since it BEHAVES like one, and Clinique can be pretty particular about returns.

Anyway, for me, at worst, it contributed to an acne-splosion, and at best, it didn't -add- anything to my usual routine, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to scrounge up the original packaging and return it.

EDIT: I decided to change my vote to a 1. After I stopped using this product, my acne-splosion stopped immediately and began to heal. I'm as sure as I can be that this stuff was the culprit.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cdnangel1

Love this product and will definitely continue using! I gave this a lower rating due to price and packaging. I personally hate this type of packaging because I feel like there's always product left over.
    I'm on my second purchase and will buy again because it's really improved my skin! I was experiencing mild acne and started using this product, the 7 day scrub and one of the lotions and my skin has never looked & felt better.
    I recently made a switch to clinique products after trying lots of others on the market and am pretty happy I did!
    Big bonuses: Clinque Bonus time and NO ANIMAL TESTING - love this :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Spiderkittens

Doesn''t really do much for clarity or pore size. My skin did have a bit of a glow, but didn't much of difference. Rather underwhelmed.