August 20, 2014 | 1385 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Estee Lauder - Take It Away LongWear Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Shirlssss

I honestly don't know what other people are talking about. I love this makeup remover. I use it every night to take off my waterproof mascara (Urban decay cannonball). All I do is get a little drop on my finger tip and massage it onto my lashes, then wipe with a cloth. Works like a charm.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

GWP! hated it bad, caused my eyes to swell and water! very poor product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Olya_dreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only got this as a GWP and I freaking dread them. Because I hate wasting things I don't throw it out, instead I dilute it with water when I use it. It stings and it's so perfumy (why do I need it to smell good??) and like another reviewer said - it DOESN'T DO THE JOB.

I feel it just makes a mess on my eyelid, combined with Estee Lauder's own mascara, eye shadow, and whatever else I used that day and I have to use several cotton balls and then Q tips to get stuff off. And I STILL wake up the following day and notice traces of black. I hate it and I would never ever buy it...Estee Lauder PLEASE STOP INCLUDING THEM IN YOUR GWP.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Neeeneee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Probably the worst eye make remover ever! It stings, and I don't even have that sensitive eyes, and is useless. It doesn't remove mascara or liner, and not even estee lauder's own mascara. It was a total waste of money, other options a third of the price would be better. If I can source the Eucerin eye makeup remover I'll be back to that - it's terrific.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Disnep

I don't know if it is the right product because it seems like everyone are talkig different thing.... I got this call "take it off" eyemakeup remover but it is a oil base... by the way, it does remove my makeup but like other oil base ones it does blur my eyes, won't repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this on my eyes for years. Everything else either stings or doesn't work well. I dampen a cotton round a bit with water first, and then apply a couple of drops of the remover to the cotton. Works like a charm, all the makeup's gone and no stinging or eyelash loss. Of course you can also use it to remove other makeup, but my cleanser does a good job of that. The lotion formula is great, and not an obnoxious scent either. Recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Silly me to not check MUA before buying. The formulation is a thin liquid which is presented in the bottle in two layers which you shake to mix before using. The packaging is distinctly average, the main problem being the childproof two-part lid. This is a cheap looking white plastic inner with a gold-toned outer cap. After just a few days of using the product the two lids parted company. The white lid 'seems' to fit OK, but I certinly wouldn't trust it in a washbag when I was travelling.

On to the perforformance of the liquid: as it's so thin you need to apply it to a cotton pad or something similar, so you feel like you waste quite a lot. While I didn't experience any irritation from this product itself because the formulation seems so ineffective I found I was rubbing and pulling at the skin around my eyes to get rid of eyeliner and mascara. It's OK-ish at getting off shadow but that's about all. I'm sure that in my efforts to get mascara (not even waterproof) off I have also been losing lashes. After using my usual cleanser I was still noticing residue from mascara and eyeliner.

In short, this is poorly packaged, expensive, and ineffective.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by htaikwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Avoid at all costs! This will take off eye shadow but it will not take of mascara, even non - water proof mascara does not come off with this product. I can't believe EL did not test this product out properly before putting it on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by BERNADETTE2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THE WIPES DON'T Work.

BUY THE CREME in the bottle. Nothing else gets my waterproof mascara off. It does not have that oily-grossness that so many eyemakeup removers have. Clinique did';t remove my waterproof mascara at all.

I stopped using soap and water on my face after discovering this stuff. I use it to clean my face now exclusively. But. don't. buy. the. wipes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 6:09:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not too oily and feels light on the eyes. Doesn't sting badly. I would say this is a notch below Shiseido's The Skincare eye and lip remover. The thing unique about this is the liquid isn't separated into oil and water. From the clear bottle, the formula is just a light green liquid (not sure if this is caused by the light green bottle). I catch myself stopping from shaking the bottle every time because I'm so used to seeing eye and lip removers with oil. This doesn't sting eyes. Removes heavy eye and lip makeup easily. A good product.