April 17, 2014 | 1414 users online

Lip Treatments - Too Faced - Lip Injection Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Prettologist

It is a clear gloss you put it on your lips, wait 5 minutes and BAM, your lips are fuller juicier and has that beautiful pinky color. It doesn't go double the size but you will defiantly notice a difference. The down side of the product is that it stings like no body's business but only for a few minutes and it is a very tolerable pain. You have to put it only on your lips and don't go anywhere around it cuz it will make it red and not cute at all !
End of story, this product is the best lip plumping product out there in the market and it does plump your lips pretty nicely.
www.prettology.com

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by keerawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

gives you a really tingly sensation and does plum your lips up alot, results dont last too long though, probably about hour tops.,so you have to reapply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

To be fair, I have great lips. Conceited (thanks angel123) :) I know, but I seriously have zero complaints about my lips, EXCEPT that they can get pretty dry. Not visibly dry, but the kind of tightness YOU can feel (I HATE that). I have zero desire to have bigger lips, but I do like the definition that gives me. I have a sharp cupids bow, and this accentuates that. But what I love the most about this is that is is VERY moisturizing, I really only buy it for that. I put it on while I finish the rest of my face, wipe it off and put on my Cherry Carmex and I'm good to go.
The only compliant I have (which is a rather big one) is that once the tube gets broken in, when you close it and tighten the cap, it starts to seep out over time. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. I haven't had one single tube that did not do this. So I have to keep it in a plastic baggy in my makeup box.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by steffaniemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It plumps, tingles, adds color to the lips & smells good! It's expensive & the tingling only lasts about a minute. I wouldn't repurchase only because the price is ridiculous!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This does exactly what it promises. after using my lips are perfectly plumped, and as an added bonus it makes my lips a really pretty natural red color. It does require some discomfort but if you can tough it out, you will see the reward. I marked it down one point because the packaging needs some work. I'm always very careful with my makeup products and treat them well but this one leaks out the top. the gloss gets into the screw top and when you close it, it oozes out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up in TKMaxx for a 5.99 GBP, the RRP is 18.50 GBP. I'm really crazy about anything that plumps my lips so I had thought about trying this product for a good while. I've been wanting specifically a 'lip serum' in the hope that it would provide good skincare for my lips. Unfortunately, I have since realised that this product is not 'skincare' its actually really quite bad for your lips, as explained by the reviewer below. Feel rather disappointed with this, after such hype. I much prefer Dr.Brandts Lineless Lips lip plumper, which acts as a lip balm and does provide reasonable care for your lips. This product is just a disappointment - even at 5.99 GBP I feel gutted.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by MissElaPasion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Hello Ladies... Please be cautioned about using lip plumpers!!!

ESP. this one. For years, I swore by this product & it's sister product Too Faced Lip Injection Original. I never really had big lips my whole life so this was awesome. When I first tried it, I was hooked. I got that poofy pout that I'd never had before. So I used it for a long time as long as I could afford it.. What it does is that there are actually extracts from peppers in it. The ingredient is Capsicum Frutescens Resin... which comes from Capsaicin, the chemical in peppers that makes them spicy!!

These extracts will widen the blood vessels in the lips and therefore stimulating blood flow (which explain the stinging sensation.) It will cause a mild INFLAMMATORY response to the Capsicum Frutescens Resin. Yes... I said INFLAMMATION, like the kind you get when you eat something you are allergic to. This is why the lips do get plump and luscious. So yes... it does do the job it sets out to do.... BUT THERE IS A PRICE.

As with any inflammatory reaction, the body will of course try to negate that through healing. (ON A SIDE NOTE, during allergy season this plumper would not work as well, and I couldn't figure out why. It's because of the ANTI-INFLAMMATORIES in the meds.) Anyways... moving on... The body is an incredible, well-oiled machine and it will repair the slight "damage" cause by the reactant (Capsicum Frutescens Resin). When used repeatedly over time, your lips will lose it's own volume and you will need to use it more and more. This is because your body will just continue to heal inflamed blood vessels over and over. Just like a scab that keeps getting picked, the skin will get worse and worse until there is a scar. After using this for a few years, (and being too vain about my lips to figure it out,) my lips were thin, lifeless, and even lost some if it's natural pink luster. They became darker due to the microscopic damage in my lips. It's taken 2 years for my lips to finally look normal.

Like I said earlier, just use caution when using this. If you use it all the time... then you will cause a lot of damage. This product DOES work... almost too well. But just like how anything in life sounds too good to be true, just think about the long-term effects.

I am giving this item a rating of 2 lippies instead of one, because it does achieve the look it claims to make... but it's long term effects aren't worth it to me, especially for the price= $28!!! CRAZAY.

I would recommend this lip plumper only be used for very special occasions. Like very special... but remember to exfoliate, moisturize and give your lips some tender-loving care the week after. Also, if you are wearing it, don't forget you are! Because your boyfriend won't like it when you kiss him and his lips start stinging!!!! lol!

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I might give this a 2.5 except it is so disgustingly over priced. I really feel kind of stupid for spending this much on a clear gloss and I think I'm done for good with all lip plumpers now. This made my lips burn a bit but It was mild and not painful. The first time I applied this I ignored the directions and put some around the outside trying to get the biggest lips I could. It was not a good look. I looked like I had those soar lips ppl get when sick. Not naturally pouty, and not much bigger, just inflamed around the edges and snotty/slimy looking. The next time I applied just on my lips. Thiat time I didn't see that much of a result either. They do get redder, but its a bit of a blotchy red. They swell the slightest bit but not enough to make a real diffence in how I look. The worst part, though, is the gloss is sticky and goopy which means it tends to travel..hair, for instance, gets stuck in it and then later brushes my cheek which leads to red splotches on my face. There is no way I would sleep with this on and risk it smearing onto my cheek. The slight results are also very temporary (less than an hour and forget about kissing anyone wearing this ) It seems in reading reviews that how much plump you get depends on how strongly your skin reacts to this stuff. Those who complain of a really bad burn got bigger lips (though for some they were irritated so badly it was not worth it) and others barely feel any tingle and see little to no results.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by ClassicDrama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product based on a lot of the negative reviews (because the burning sensation was too strong) I've tried Lip Venom and I couldn't feel anything so I was excited to try something stronger that would possible work for me and my seemly insensitive lips! Very disappointed. The product smells like very cheap strawberry flavouring and I again, I didn't feel anything except at the very edges of my lips where my skin was a tiny bit dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by NatalieAnne

Honestly I can say this product works really good.. I'm not saying it gave me Angelina Jolie lips but it's finally a lip plumper that actually gives me plump. I'm one of those self conscious teen who happen to be googling perfect celebrities when I come across Angelina Jolie. Of course first thing I notice is her lips. I've tried so many lip plumpers (mom's a former model who basically lives in the Sephora makeup store) so i've tried a fair amount. Ive googled how to make lips bigger, from tutorials on youtube nothing worked. But this product is truly amazing. It does burn when you put it on and your lips will be red but ive realized it only burns for a while and as for the redness it goes away after a while too, and once you've gone through the pain your left with plump lips. But we cant argue and say it didnt give us Jolie lips first of all she was born with hers and second of all i have very small lips and mine are finally a fair medium now. So happy.