Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme

3.4

on 2/19/2015 5:35:00 PM

I never really tried lip plumpers before this (only Buxom full-on lip cream) so the first few times using it, it stung!! I think the first time I put it on I actually had to wipe it off because it was stinging so bad. After a few more uses though I think I got used to it because now any light stinging doesn't bother me.

This stuff works though! I was skeptical how much lip plumpers can really do but a few minutes after applying this I saw a noticeable change in volume. My lips definitely look fuller. That being said it can really only do so much. This isn't going to botox your lips or change their shape. The best I can describe the effects would just be a fuller, smoother look. Almost like filling in any lines with volume for a smoother bee stung look. If you're looking to get bigger lips and change shape Kylie Jenner style then your best bet is overdrawing your lips. This plumper is more of an enhancer.

There might be a bit of redness at first and the plumping effect lasts a decent amount of time. I would say it lasts for a few hours (If I apply ~9AM looks fullest for first couple hours then by 1-2PM could reapply if I want extra oomph but usually I just use balm after that) Even after the plumping has worn off the gloss is nice and leaves your lips moisturised, smooth and healthy looking.

I love that the gloss is clear because everyday I usually go for really subtle makeup. I usually just wear it on it's own for a really natural look. It doesn't feel sticky and doesn't just sit heavily on top of lips all day either. After awhile it sort of absorbs into your lips or wears off leaving them nice and soft.

One great side-effect is that after using this quite often, over time I think it actually improved the look of my lips even when I'm not using it. I'm not sure if it's the moisturising effects of the gloss or maybe I just take better care of my lips to prep them but my lips look less dry and more plump in general now.

A few tips:
- it will probably sting badly the first time you use it! it's up to you if you want to continue using it, there might also be redness but it goes away
- be careful only to apply to your lips and don't get it outside your mouth or it might irritate/turn red the skin around your mouth
- make sure your lips are smooth before applying, exfoliate off any dry skin
- I use a tiny swipe of balm before applying but it's not necessary
- if you apply over lipstick use a separate applicator and only use a small amount

I gave 4/5 because yes, it does sting badly when you first use it and it can irritate the skin around your mouth if you aren't careful. Also at $39 CAD it's quite expensive and the tube is not huge or anything.

on 2/2/2015 3:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So, after days and days of researching the best brand of lip plumping gloss, I found my gem! Of course I went for the Extreme one, which costs a bit extra, but hey I don't do things half heartedly! So I went to Mecca to try before I bought it, my first reaction, ooh shiny! The gloss has a lil shine to it in the tube, as I opened it the second thing I noticed was the smell, it was a beautifully sweet/sharp smell. The lady explained it as children's medicine type of smell and I agree!
So I applied it, over dark red lip stick, although it smudged a bit of lippy off, the colour was still strong, within 10 seconds my lips were tingling, then it got a bit stronger, more of a sting. This brand has capsicum in it too, which also makes your lips go pink/red, meaning no colour is even needed if you don't want to!
After a few minutes I noticed a big difference, my lips were perky as! I finally had a cute lil pout happening. This plumpiness lasted a few hours! Although I did eat after, so it could of lasted a lot longer. The sting wore off (or I got used to it) after about 10 minutes. I was very pleased to purchase this product with confidence it works! 10/10 do recommend. :)

on 1/8/2015 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I finally got my hands on this plumper after it continuously sold out at every Sephora I went to. I bought it because I loved the original formula and this plumper promised immediate and long term effects, so I couldn't pass this up.
The formula is really nice, not sticky at all - I can't see much of the iridescent shine when I apply it but that doesn't bother me. This plumper actually WORKS!
I usually scrub my lips before applying, and I wear it like a balm/serum all day rather than a gloss - I reapply it when I feel I need to, and I apply it before bed. This product has actually given my lips MORE VOLUME! I have only been using it for 3-4 days and my lips are PERMANENTLY plumper. I am not kidding! Even when it is not on my lips, I can see and feel how much more volume there is to them.

The only major downfall is the CRAZY PRICE!! I paid nearly $40 CAD for this little tube, and I am disappointed that I love it so much because now I always want to use it. sigh!

on 12/30/2014 2:43:00 AM

I got this product because I wanted bigger and fuller lips like most of everyone writing a review on here. I got it yesterday and I tried it out, applying twice a day like suggested on the back of the box. Nothing happened besides a tingle that lasted 4-5 mins and then my lips were instantly a little plumper. I was actually pleased with my results, untill today just an hour ago when I went to apply it right before bed. I was lying in bed when I felt a burning sensation on my face around my lips. I thought it was just the tingling kicking in again, but this time it hurt worse. So I went to look in the mirror and I had a huge red circle surrounding my lips. The first 5 minutes it wasn't so bad, but then as time progressed it got worse and 10 mins later I had hives all over my face. This product made me have an allergic reaction and the funny/weird thing is I checked the ingredients multiple times (because as a future Dermatology PA, I take skin products or any products that will be going on my face at that alone pretty serious) and there was nothing in the serum to cause me to have an allergic reaction. I'm very disappointed with this product and will be taking it back.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was excited to get Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme because someone I know got it & had amazing results in 2 days; I was honestly a little skeptical because I haven't had any luck with lip plumping products & $28 is a lot for a product that may or may not work… The gloss is worth it! It's the best, hands down. Even though it says it's a lip gloss, I see it as more of a serum because I wear it in the morning & in the evening before bedtime. I don't wear it underneath another lip gloss, lip stick, or other lip treatments. I wear it alone & it looks fine! Because it's a "lip gloss," no one will know I am using a treatment.

The first time I applied it (daytime), the "slightly intense tingle" was borderline painful & lasted about ten minutes. I honestly wiped it off after a couple hours. The second one (nighttime) hurt worse than the first, but it only lasted maybe five minutes. I saw some plumping results after that application. This serum actually hydrated & nourishes, too! The discomfort was worse than I thought it would be & I don't care. I realized that to look good, you've got to experience some pain.

on 9/13/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This product actually hurts... i had to wipe it off my lips at first i was actually going to cry. After using it for awhile it actually made my lips dry. It did make my lips swollen and more red because they were quite irritated.

on 9/13/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product claims to boost collagen in your lips for long-term fullness beyond what the original formula did. I was skeptical of these claims at first, but 8 months after my purchase, I can verify these claims.

The tingle is very light and not bothersome at all. It didn't burn like other products I've tried. It smells fruity and is very comfortable.

When I bought this product in January, I had very thin, flat lips that dried out easily. After using this product at least once a week for eight months, I'm definitely not Angelina Jolie sized but my lips have certainly increased in plumpness and size. They're much softer and dry out less often. And that's in their natural state, not when using this product.

If you can handle a little tingle and can spend $28, this is a fantastic product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love a big, full pout and this stuff delivers. I tried it at Sephora and in less than a minute, I felt the tingles and could tell that my lips were getting bigger. It's amazing! I absolutely love this product. It's comparable to LipFusion, but I'd say it's even better. The only downside is that a) it's expensive and b) it doesn't last as long as I wish it did!

on 8/1/2014 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this but failed me. Smells great, nice shine but I can get that from any gloss. It tingled and didn't plump at all. Very disappointing. Didn't work for me but I've seen it work for others. I'm just going to get actual juvederm lol

It's alright. Somewhat moisturizing. It does plump your lips bit not for long, so the price is not worth it. If you go even a little bit outside your lipline on accident your skin will turn red!

Popular Lip Treatments