July 30, 2014 | 1522 users online

Lip Treatments - Too Faced - Lip Injection Extreme

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by laurenheartsmakeup

It's alright. Somewhat moisturizing. It does plump your lips bit not for long, so the price is not worth it. If you go even a little bit outside your lipline on accident your skin will turn red!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by saem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very full defined lips already but I wanted something just a little more for when I wear neutral coloured lipsticks, I tried this in a sephora store just out of curiosity and thought it would be a crap shoot and a waste of money. It takes a few minutes before you start to feel it working but it does work! I was surprised, it doesn't hurt but it also doesn't feel great. It's very tingly, almost as if you had eaten something very spicy and it touched your lips. It definitely swells them and makes them very red so I like to put a nude lipstick on them. This product is very expensive though IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by vivalalita

I've been using this product for two years now. The product has a silky smooth, almost oily, sheer feeling to it. It is not sticky or "gloopy" feeling at all, I cannot believe there are people out there that would even consider this sticky.. (I'm staring at a tube of Soap and Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker..) I do not wear this as a lip gloss. I really don't think this is a lip gloss, this is a lip PLUMPER. It does not tingle, this stuff stings and burns. And it does exactly what it says it will do. It causes inflammation hence the redness that everyone sees. I'm on the hype bandwagon with this one. It works. I wear this for about 15 minutes and then apply another gloss over it to keep it in place. The stinging lasts for around 15 minutes. It swells my lips up into a nice pout and I have not found another lip plumper to compare to. I have pretty nice sized lips, but that's not going to stop me from trying to reach new levels of vanity. This stuff gets the job done. I should be a sales rep and do before and after testimonials on the spot. I'm not saying that this will work for you, but it works for me. I would encourage you ladies to visit your local Sephora and sample it out yourselves, I have had friends who cannot take the sting, and I've had friends that even I have only noticed a red irritated look to their lips. In my case this stuff swells, and the packaging says it will cause long term results. Personally I rub Vaseline on my lips every Sunday and scrub it in with a tooth brush to get rid of dead skin. I ALWAYS sleep with Carmex on at night and include this lip plumper in on my makeup routine. Between that I rock a luscious pout, I credit to this product. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Prettologist

It is a clear gloss you put it on your lips, wait 5 minutes and BAM, your lips are fuller juicier and has that beautiful pinky color. It doesn't go double the size but you will defiantly notice a difference. The down side of the product is that it stings like no body's business but only for a few minutes and it is a very tolerable pain. You have to put it only on your lips and don't go anywhere around it cuz it will make it red and not cute at all !
End of story, this product is the best lip plumping product out there in the market and it does plump your lips pretty nicely.
www.prettology.com

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by keerawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

gives you a really tingly sensation and does plum your lips up alot, results dont last too long though, probably about hour tops.,so you have to reapply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

To be fair, I have great lips. Conceited (thanks angel123) :) I know, but I seriously have zero complaints about my lips, EXCEPT that they can get pretty dry. Not visibly dry, but the kind of tightness YOU can feel (I HATE that). I have zero desire to have bigger lips, but I do like the definition that gives me. I have a sharp cupids bow, and this accentuates that. But what I love the most about this is that is is VERY moisturizing, I really only buy it for that. I put it on while I finish the rest of my face, wipe it off and put on my Cherry Carmex and I'm good to go.
The only compliant I have (which is a rather big one) is that once the tube gets broken in, when you close it and tighten the cap, it starts to seep out over time. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. I haven't had one single tube that did not do this. So I have to keep it in a plastic baggy in my makeup box.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by steffaniemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It plumps, tingles, adds color to the lips & smells good! It's expensive & the tingling only lasts about a minute. I wouldn't repurchase only because the price is ridiculous!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This does exactly what it promises. after using my lips are perfectly plumped, and as an added bonus it makes my lips a really pretty natural red color. It does require some discomfort but if you can tough it out, you will see the reward. I marked it down one point because the packaging needs some work. I'm always very careful with my makeup products and treat them well but this one leaks out the top. the gloss gets into the screw top and when you close it, it oozes out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up in TKMaxx for a 5.99 GBP, the RRP is 18.50 GBP. I'm really crazy about anything that plumps my lips so I had thought about trying this product for a good while. I've been wanting specifically a 'lip serum' in the hope that it would provide good skincare for my lips. Unfortunately, I have since realised that this product is not 'skincare' its actually really quite bad for your lips, as explained by the reviewer below. Feel rather disappointed with this, after such hype. I much prefer Dr.Brandts Lineless Lips lip plumper, which acts as a lip balm and does provide reasonable care for your lips. This product is just a disappointment - even at 5.99 GBP I feel gutted.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by MissElaPasion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Hello Ladies... Please be cautioned about using lip plumpers!!!

ESP. this one. For years, I swore by this product & it's sister product Too Faced Lip Injection Original. I never really had big lips my whole life so this was awesome. When I first tried it, I was hooked. I got that poofy pout that I'd never had before. So I used it for a long time as long as I could afford it.. What it does is that there are actually extracts from peppers in it. The ingredient is Capsicum Frutescens Resin... which comes from Capsaicin, the chemical in peppers that makes them spicy!!

These extracts will widen the blood vessels in the lips and therefore stimulating blood flow (which explain the stinging sensation.) It will cause a mild INFLAMMATORY response to the Capsicum Frutescens Resin. Yes... I said INFLAMMATION, like the kind you get when you eat something you are allergic to. This is why the lips do get plump and luscious. So yes... it does do the job it sets out to do.... BUT THERE IS A PRICE.

As with any inflammatory reaction, the body will of course try to negate that through healing. (ON A SIDE NOTE, during allergy season this plumper would not work as well, and I couldn't figure out why. It's because of the ANTI-INFLAMMATORIES in the meds.) Anyways... moving on... The body is an incredible, well-oiled machine and it will repair the slight "damage" cause by the reactant (Capsicum Frutescens Resin). When used repeatedly over time, your lips will lose it's own volume and you will need to use it more and more. This is because your body will just continue to heal inflamed blood vessels over and over. Just like a scab that keeps getting picked, the skin will get worse and worse until there is a scar. After using this for a few years, (and being too vain about my lips to figure it out,) my lips were thin, lifeless, and even lost some if it's natural pink luster. They became darker due to the microscopic damage in my lips. It's taken 2 years for my lips to finally look normal.

Like I said earlier, just use caution when using this. If you use it all the time... then you will cause a lot of damage. This product DOES work... almost too well. But just like how anything in life sounds too good to be true, just think about the long-term effects.

I am giving this item a rating of 2 lippies instead of one, because it does achieve the look it claims to make... but it's long term effects aren't worth it to me, especially for the price= $28!!! CRAZAY.

I would recommend this lip plumper only be used for very special occasions. Like very special... but remember to exfoliate, moisturize and give your lips some tender-loving care the week after. Also, if you are wearing it, don't forget you are! Because your boyfriend won't like it when you kiss him and his lips start stinging!!!! lol!

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No