September 20, 2014 | 1871 users online

Gels/Soaps - Aquolina - Bagno Fraganza - Fragolina di Bosco-wild strawberry

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2005 3:16:00 PM More reviews by blush223

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I was growing up, I use to buy a bath foam by Village (not Village Naturals) that was this WONDERFUL real strawberry scent. It was around $4 (this was in the 1970s) and created this heavenly fresh-cut strawberry scented foam that lasted and lasted. I've searched and searched and haven't found anything close to it since. Bath foams are getting more expensive by the minute and don't seem to hold a scent, have a "real" scent, don't foam up well, etc. I'm paying ridiculous prices these days for bath products that don't deliver. It's getting frustrating.

Bagno Fraganza does create a lovely, lasting bath foam. I will give it lippies for that. It's one of the best I've found lately. The scent of this one, though, leaves much to be desired. It's a typical, slightly fake strawberry candy scent. Once in the tub, you can hardly smell the scent at all. For $24, this is a big disappointment. I'd pay the price if the quality was there, but I'm getting tired of bath foams costing so much and offering so little.

Maybe the other scents are nicer - this does create a wonderfully rich foam if you can find a better scent. But don't get this if you want a true strawberry scent. If Village could do it for such a reasonable price then, why can't anybody do it now?