April 16, 2014 | 1550 users online

Cleansers - DERMAdoctor - Wrinkle Revenge 1

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although I haven't much luck with leave-on glycolic acid products on my skin, I thought I'd give this cleanser a try because it seemed that a rinse-off product might be gentler, and also because I love the DermaDOCTOR Born to Be Mild Cleanser. Unfortunately, this didn't work at all for me. It didn't rinse cleanly and left a film behind. Even worse, it was drying, even when I used it just every other day. I'm using it up on my body, but it's difficult because it doesn't really lather. I have other exfoliations I prefer for both face and body.

Ingredients; Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Glycolate, Sorbitol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Ubiquinone Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I am in love with this cleanser, although I am using it more as a treatment than cleanser. When I used it as a cleanser with my Clarisonic I always splash water on my face before adding cleanser and I also dampen the brush, using this with water is not recommended since it neutralizes the glycolic acid and essentially makes the product ineffective.

I have started using after I wash and dry my face by applying a pea sized amount on my finger and then dotting on my face and working it into my skin in a circular motion, it begins tingling just a bit. I leave it on my face for 30-60 seconds, as long as I can tolerate before a burning sensation starts, then I rinse and dry. The result is soft skin with minimized pores and wrinkles. I follow up with a light moisturizer. My skin is looking clearer and younger, making my make-up application a delight.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I first started to use this cleanser because my milia was really annoying and ugly also my skins texture was looking all patchy and bumpy so i heard about this and it worked I saw a difference in my skin the next day no joke!! And yes I did break out too but the breakouts lasted a few days but that's normal with the purging process! I am so happy with this "cleanser"! First let me tell you why? This is a 10 percent glycolic acid wash and this should be thought of as a treatment not a cleanser. You apply this on clean dry skin so make sure you have no makeup on! You rub this on without water because if you use water you will neutralize the glycolic then you really will have a useless product! Rub for about a minute or so and until you are ready to rinse that's when you use water to neutralize the glycolic. Also with this product you can use any serum and moisturizer you want because you won't break out. Oh and the reviewer who broke out you actually are supposed to break out because whatever it is that you have underneath the skin it's gonna come out faster because this increases cell turnover! I already recommended this to many and they too saw immediate results I am ver happy I will repurchase too!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by frankiiekeji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The sales girl talked me into buying this cleanser (level 1 strength) even though I had gone in to get the exuviance cleanser and boy am I glad she did! This cleanser did nothing for my oil, my face is still producing enough oil to power a small generator BUT it is clearer that it's been in months!! I didn't think I could find a product to undo the damage that philospohy's purity & cetaphil wrecked on my skin so I'm in high spirits over this.You do have to use this on dry skin so if I'm wearing makeup, I'll usually take it off with an oil mix, dry off and then apply the wrinkle revenge...and when I rinse off, my face feels clean but not stripped. My pores are noticeably smaller and my skin is really smooth!

My skin is capricious. It might will love a product for two months and out of nowhere suddenly stop loving it, so I'll just keep an eye on it for now. I'll update if anything changes.

UPDATE (10/23/2013): This stopped being as wonderful as it was (like I knew it would) and my skin revolted! I cleared up the breakout with La Roche Posay's foaming gel cleanser and the dual action acne cream (AMAZING stuff by the way). I wont take away any lippies because it's still a good product. My sister who started using it the same time as me is still getting good results. I will try to use this again in rotation with the LRP.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this based off of a Sephora SA's recommendation and I am pretty disappointed I spent the $25. I just don't think it is doing anything for me. It definitely makes my face feel soft but I hate applying it to dry skin and it takes a bit of time to wash off. My skin hasn't improved or changed in a positive way since I started using it daily (every morning) over three months ago. I do think it has made me oilier, and I never had oily skin before using this product.

I'm going to go off of other reviews and maybe use this as a glycolic mask weekly instead of using it as a daily cleanser. I just don't find it effective as a cleanser. I think it's too harsh to use daily as well, regardless of what I was told in Sephora. Do we really need that much glycolic acid everyday?

Unfortunately, I still have a little more than half the 7 oz bottle left. I like to finish things before I buy new stuff, especially when it comes to skincare.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Im so sad this product didn't work for me. After a few uses my skin was bright and my skin tone was more even but this gave me so many pimples. I tried to keep using it and hope it would pass but every time i used it again i got more pimples the next day. I quit and my skin was clear again in 3-4 days.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love MD Forte's Glycolic Cleansers, but I had a Sephora gift card and wanted to get one from there. This is creamier and makes my skin unbelievably soft...however it broke me out. I rarely break out, minus the occasional monthly issue. With repeated use I broke out even worse. So I stopped it and my skin cleared rapidly. I tried it again - same thing. I now use it as a body cleanser to exfoliate. Other than that, I can say I won't be buying this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by calgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. The glycolic acid has worked wonders - and my skin is glowing after using this for a couple of weeks. I have oily skin so I am using the cleanser 3. I would recommend this product to anyone suffering from acne in their 30s.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great cleanser, and I love that you can customize your routine with one of three levels. It's rich and soap-free, but doesn't clog pores, and the buffered glycolic acid is great for acne, fine lines, uneven pigmentation, etc. Overall I'm a pretty big fan of this line and will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 5:32:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best Glycolic TREATMENT out there, not so much cleanser. I accidently ran across this after getting it in a sample at Sephora. I had pretty much given up on Glycolic type treatments etc as they are usually pretty expensive and were too harsh for my skin even though I don't have sensitive skin at the least. I learned from a dermatologist friend that I was probably using glycolic too frequently and too much as I jumped on that craze as everyone is addicted to glycolic products these days as it especially is good for people with mature skin, sun damage, etc etc but over time it thins out your skin if you use too much of it. I mainly have been adding glycolic into my routine as I have pain in the ass clog prone skin. Anyhow I tried this cleanser as a cleanser on a damp face and it worked decently actually but ofcourse as it's a cream cleanser wasn't hugely deep cleaning like I thought it would be (like teh DDF Gel which is too drying for me). I also was thrown off as the directions say to rub this into dry skin which for me always sounds crazy as I have clog prone skin lol. I then realized that this cleanser really works best as a treatment glycolic mask. As in I use a regular cleanser first to wash off my makeup and clean my face well. Then I rub this into dry clean skin. Leave it on for litreally a minute as you feel teh tingling and don't want it to be too harsh and wash off. My skin is left really deep cleaned and very smooth. It truly works as a treatment to help with clogged pores, pose blemish marks etc. BAsically why it's called a cleanser is beyond me as it really isn't use to cleanser in its effectiveness and that is why other revieweres complain about ti not washing yur face well etc etc as it really doesn't work in that purpose. Glycolic Cleanser really wouldn't work for that reason (like DDF for example) as adding water disactiviated the glycolic from pentrating into your skin and using it on dry skin won't wash off makeup. Using DermaDoctor as a mask however is the perfect dose of glycolic and at $25 for the huge tube it's a steal compared to expensive serums etc.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No