October 1, 2014 | 1755 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Solia Ceramic Ion Flat Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by LeAnnHope

I love this flat iron!! I bought my first one around five years ago and it is still running great. Compared to a chi, this straightener is far superior in my opinion due to how you can adjust the temp settings and it doesn't snag my hair. I paid around $70 for mine and even got free shipping on folica.com. This is a great hair straightener for my hair, I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by jaysfan652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best straightener ever!! It smooths my hair so nicely and makes it so shiny. Also, the adjustable temperature setting is so nice. I've had mine for 3 years and it works perfectly still.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lolabean93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love my Soila. I got it at ulta in stores for like $53, which was such a steal! It straightens my long, fine hair perfectly and makes it soft and shiny. You can control the heat and it is absolutely perfect. It takes me 15 minutes tops for my hair to be straight.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by YanyCosmetics

I bought this flat iron over two years ago at about $100. Today it is still going strong. The only downside is that if your hair has any product in it, it will produce a gosh awful smoke that literally will have you coughing. But clean hair will get bone straight!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by kerowynk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought my Solia (1.25") about a year ago, and I've been very happy with it! I have extremely fine hair that is naturally mostly straight, but I get odd waves that need to be smoothed out. I shampoo and blow-dry my hair most mornings, but I use the Solia to fix my hair on mornings when I don't use the blow-dryer. I use a heat-protectant spray and set my Solia at 400 (it heats up in seconds). It's incredibly easy: The iron runs smoothly through my hair and it never takes more than one pass. It also lasts all day even in high heat/humidity. Granted my hair is already fairly straight and not very stubborn, but I have used it on friends with courser hair and wavy hair with excellent results as well. I only ever owned a cheap Remington iron before this, so I don't have much to compare it to. The one time I did borrow a friend's Chi, my hair straightened easily enough, but it did not feel nearly as smooth as it does when I use my Solia. I would definitely repurchase if mine ever breaks. I bought my from Folica.com when they were having one of their $25 off of $75 or more sale, so mine was only about $55 (with free shipping!) which is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the limited editon pink Solia. I wish I had gotten a different color because it's a light salmon pinkish color, not a pinky pink.

I've never had such an expensive flatiron. I got $40 off by sending my old one in at folica.com. I've finally been able to get salon results at home. I also notice my hair doesn't feel dried out when I'm done. I thought maybe it was because of my technique so I tried my Jillbere on part of my hair one day. It's defintely the Solia. I'd pay full price for this baby if I had to. It's that great.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by annalynne

The quality feels very cheaply made. I returned it after using it for a week. There are better flat irons out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

I have been using this iron for a little over a year and it works well for my thick, unruly straight hair. It heats up quickly, smoothes (or curls) my hair in one pass without damage. I purchased this over the Chi because of the 2 year warranty and the temperature control.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by jkollie13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore my flat iron. Before my Solia, I had the Metropolis, which was nice, but my hair felt too straight and had a sheen that resembled grease to me. The Solia creates straight hair with a nice amount of body to it. The ceramic plates don't burn my hair or my scalp, and they increase the softness of my hair. I have used the Chi, which my sister has, and I noticed that the Solia makes your hair less frizzy than the Chi. I really appreciate this product, and I definitely recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

One of the worst flat irons I have ever tried. It snags my hair like crazy, and it seems like its very cheap quality. I've had better luck with drugstore flat irons. If you want a great flat iron, try a Sedu or a CHI.