November 21, 2014 | 1709 users online

Cleansers - C.O. Bigelow - Moisture-Rich Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by msgiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLY MOLEY YOU DON'T NEED A MOISTURIZER FOLLOWING THIS FACE WASH!!! and yes it leaves you feeling very clean.. however i got this in my eye and it's a pain in the !@#

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by christyd2

My skin is typically dry all over, with patches of dry skin on my nose and chin. I saw this cleanser on clearance at Bath and Body Works for $2-4, so I was excited to give this a try!

I wasn't overly impressed. For starters, my skin felt more oily than moisturized using this and I ended up breaking out with pimples all over. I do tend to get blackheads, but for me to break out with pimples is pretty unusual.

Plus, I have no problem with products with fragrances, but but the scent isn't exactly the greatest. I don't know how to describe it precisely and it could just be me, but I wish it was either a fresher scent or just scent-free.

And lastly, as others said it doesn't remove makeup well. For me, I'd wash my face with water first and then have to use the cleanser twice. (3 times if I didn't have a thorough water-wash first.)

I wouldn't recommend this product, but I realize everyone's skin is different. If you're looking to try this product, I'd suggest buying it when it's on sale from BBW instead of the $15 full-price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I got this product during Bath & Body works semi-annual sale. it was Something like $3 for a full size on sale. It is similar to any creamy/milky cleanser. It reminds me of Lancome's milky creme cleanser but a lot cheaper. I didn't find anything extraordinary about it but I have sensitive skin and dry skin and it didn't seem to bother me, so that is a good sign. I would consider buying this product again -especially if I saw it on clearance again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by hunni07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this randomly at Bath and Body Works during the big sale after the holidays. It's usually $15.00 but I got it for $3.50...not a bad deal! It's a great cleanser for my dry skin as it doesn't seem to strip my face of moisture at all. It does a good job of removing make-up and doesn't irritate at all. I didn't notice much of a scent, just a trace of a light cucumber-fresh smell. I didn't expect to love this as much as I do, and I will definitely be re-purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaRawrx3

This is a very nice product. I love the scent, and it really moisturizes my cheeks alot x3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by showmyscars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love C.O. Bigelow, but figure I can find basically the same products elsewhere for cheaper, so when I saw this cleanser on sale at BBW for $4.00 I snatched it up. I have dry skin but I have never used a moisturizing cleanser before. When I first used it my skin was irritated and peely, so I decided to use just a pinch in order to not irritate it further with a new product. However, as I splashed this off my face felt soft and soothed. I looked in the mirror and my skin looked amazing!! I washed it again with a big dallop of the cleanser and just washing my face with this stuff made it feel and look completely better.
I love the consistency and the light, refreshing smell.
Yes, I got it for dirt cheap, but it is usually pretty pricey (hence the 4 lippies for price). But I do believe I would purchase again, even at full price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 12:53:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin tends to be dry, and during the winter I need a very gentle, hydrating cleanser. This product does the trick. I can't detect much scent at all, and it does a good job of cleansing my skin without stripping or drying. If you are used to a foaming cleanser, this can take some getting used to, but it is worth it. I do find the consistency a bit runny, and would prefer a pump dispenser on the bottle, but otherwise I have no complaints. Good product that does what it claims it will.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2006 5:00:00 PM More reviews by spfxchic

I have ***extremely*** dry skin. No over-exaggeration. The flakes I had in the wintertime started off feeling like scales. I know, absolutely gross. I searched and searched for a cleanser to help resolve it once and for all. I'd pretty much resigned to using a gentle soap and exfoliating once a week, til' I stumbled upon this line at my local B&BW. I started with a trial kit that included the Incredibly Moisturizing Face Cream, the Cucumber Toner & the Moisturizing Facial Cleanser.

This cleanser is somewhere between average and above average for me. If I don't wear makeup during the day, this is amazing. However, if I do wear foundation (bE), I find that I have to use two or three "servings" of this cleanser to get everything off. It is a runny/creamy consistency and does not foam. I like the apothecary packaging, plain, but to-the-point. The smell is the reason I knocked off a lippie. It really makes me want to gag. It's a cucumber scent, and it's natural, but there is something a little off about it that doesn't sit well with me. I hold my breath while cleansing now, as I'm not sure how the regimen would work without the cleanser. I'll buy it again, but will forever be blue-in-the-face while using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 3:01:00 AM More reviews by sabong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was using Mary Kay's dry skin cleanser, but I no longer have a sales rep. Thus, I had to find a new product. I read about this cleanser on the internet, and was convinced to buy it after checking the MUA reviews. I think I've found my HG product. It does a good job removing makeup without stripping my dry skin. I like the light, creamy texture. I prefer cleansers without fragrance, but I find the scent to be pleasant. I will definitely purchase this again. Its worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by sriddle78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is a good product, but not great. For me, it's just missing "something." I have dry, sensitive skin. This product is thin but creamy and smells like real cucumbers. It's soothing and refreshing. It didn't leave my skin tight at all, but it didn't do anything special. Ironically this is the only Bigelow product that hasn't caused my sensitive skin to react. In any event, I tried the Wexler line at BBW and I full-heartedly believe the Wexler cleanser is top-notch and deserving of 5 lippies. It just does something *more* than this cleanser for my skin. This Moisture-Rich Cleanser from Bigelow is a good product, though. It cleanses well and leaves my face hydrated. It just wasn't *great* for me. I guess I'm pretty critical, but only the BEST products get 5 lippies from me! :)
UPDATE on 6-21-07: I stopped using this and have completely switched my skin care regimen. I have been using DHC deep cleansing oil and foaming face wash with the Acerola Lotion and Gel. It has greatly improved my skin. I have no more dryness and very few breakouts.