September 23, 2014 | 1770 users online

Moisturizers - Avon - Anew Luminosity Ultra

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by FabCo

Im not sure if this is the product Ive been using as it has another name in my country -Anew Clinical Luminosity Pro-. Also, according to some reviewers, it is discontinued -and I guess it is, for the last review is from 2 years ago-.
It is a night cream I apply after thoroughly cleansing my face twice.
When I feel the skin a little dry, I also moisturize prior applying with a few drops of pure glycerine. Gives me a nice glow soon after and the texture of my skin is amazing by the morning -extremely soft-.
If I apply too much, it clumps and sometimes it stings a little.
Unfortunately Ive seen no improvement in my spots so far, even though I religiously use it every night. But by now I dont expect miracles, well, not even a slight improvement in brownspots using creams. Anyway, I will keep using it until my two jars -2x1 sale- are finished.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, I should state from the very beginning that I am an Avon stockist, with an Avon Beauty Boutique here in Asia. I grew up around Avon products and at one point or another, I always have one on my bathroom shelf. This is one such product. Although I've generally liked Avon products enough and some worked alright for me, nothing else had affected me as much as this moisturizer did. Oh yes,10 years ago when I used this product on my normal non-sensitive skin it brightened it up, making it "luminous" and flawless. For an Asian, it's a norm to want to look fairer. However after a year or two and several jars of this moisturizer, my face broke out. No, not in pimples, but in allergic reaction. Hives, all over my face and I had to get an allergy injection to bring it down. That was 10 years ago. Now, my skin is forever changed to sensitive (can you tell I'm bitter? LOL) and I just want to say, be careful. It's great if Avon products work for you but from what I've observed of Avon skincare in general - they've never advertised their products to be compatible or made for sensitive skin, so please test out their products first in advance. Get a sample if you can. Most importantly, Avon has a money back guarantee so you can return it if you don't like it. For me, I thought it would work because I had a young skin at 20 and it was resilient too - but now it's thin, sensitive and delicate. I guess it's a lesson learned.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It's lightweight, it delivers the perfect amount of moisture, it makes my skin soft and glowy and it has helped to fade some of my acne scars! Perfect! <3

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by pruma

When people mention in reviews that they can't stand the smell of something, I always think .. how bad can it be? .. Well i finally found the product that stinks. I don't know why no one has mentioned it. I can't use it cos the smell doesn't go away. So the review isn't based on the effectiveness ..but the fact that you can't try it. I gave it a shot (twice) and now i'm throwing it away. Good that it's cheap .. otherwise i'd feel bad

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2006 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sadskin

I would say I only have minor age spots (I'm 31, have had only mild-moderate sun exposure). However, I have a few spots which drive me nuts and I was hoping this would help fade them. No luck at all. Quite dissapointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by nicksmommy03

First, let me say that I am not an Avon rep. I never used to like Avon skincare, but have had TREMENDOUSLY positive results as of late with their Clinical Eye Lift, Facial Peel and Retinol treatments, so gave this a try.

I have very sensitive combination skin. As summer approaches, the t-zone becomes more oily. I wear an SPF 15 every AM, and was using Olay Complete UV, which was OK, but very boring. I also have used Estee Lauder Day Wear in the AM for years whenever I am not using the cheap OLAY.

I found this new and boxed on eBay for $6.99. I thought I'd try it. Boy, I am very pleased! First off, it absorbs easily into the skin without residue or tackiness. It is a great hydrator without being greasy. I wear it under my foundation, mark. Face X-Pert and I need very little makeup on top of this great cream. It does add luminosity as the name implies. I have a beautiful glow to my skin. This is GREAT! I love it, and if I could give it 10 lippies, I would!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2006 5:51:00 PM More reviews by annamh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product worked very well for me and is one of my favorite inexpensive creams. I am in my early 30's and used this product for about 2 weeks when I noticed a difference. After I got rid of the sun spots (about 3 weeks) I used it more sparingly and in conjunction with the Anew Clinical line and wrinkle corrector. If you want a product that literally costs $15 and can get rid of sun spots and brighten your skin, then try this product. If you have normal to dry skin this product will leave your face hydrated all day. It isn't thick but it delivers enough moisture to the skin. It does brighten your skin giving it the look of radiant younger looking skin. It is definitely the best cream if you have fair skin and are prone to sun spotting or freckling.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Aries01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a terrible cream, but I wasn't a fan of it. I used it over the winter, but I didn't find my skin looked "brighter" and it was still a bit heavy even in cold weather. It made me sweat! My skin is combo, and in the winter combo-dry, so if it can make you shiny in the dead of January, it's too heavy! I also didn't like the fact that if I applied foundation on top after the cream, it pilled and made blotchy patches. I have had better results with other creams at lower prices. I won't repurchase this cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2005 3:09:00 PM More reviews by foundationaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this moisturizer every winter because it's a bit heavy for me to use it in warmer seasons. I'm surprised to be the first person rating this product because it works very well on my skin. The stuff has everything I need in a moisturizer; It has a SPF15, and as a skin brightener, it literally brightens up my dark acne spots. Not to mention it brings hydration to my extremely oily skin during the winter time. It's been 3 years since the first time I used it, and I am still loving it.

Got it 2 for $25, not all that unaffordable.