L'Occitane Shampoo with Shea Butter

2.9

on 12/8/2014 9:58:00 PM

I purchased this shampoo along with the matching conditioner and I love the way they work. It's hard for me to review the shampoo on it's own. However, I did notice it leaves a sticky feeling on my hair before I apply the conditioner. I like the way it suds up well, it doesn't seem to strip my hair or leave with dry ends. You would think along supermarket purchased products would dry out your ends however have purchased salon products that do it too. My last being Sebastian. I have medium-thick curly/wavy hair.

on 2/5/2013 3:53:00 PM

I have fine, color-treated hair. My hair started to get really static-y in the winter and I wanted something that could control that so I did not look like I was electrified all the time. I tried this shampoo and it was a big mistake. It make my hair greasy and difficult to comb. Not a pleasant experience. Maybe this is best for someone with thick hair, but fine-haired ladies beware!

on 2/21/2012 2:23:00 PM

Good product, but not fantastic. Sulfate-free and lightly scented, this shampoo lathered and cleaned well without stripping away moisture. I used up my bottle but won't repurchase.

on 1/24/2011 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo is awesome! I have normal hair and wouldn't usually use shampoo meant for dry hair but I recently permanently straightened my wavy hair to get rid of frizz. This didn't dry it out too much but I also started working out everyday which means I have to shower and blow dry my hair, everyday! Now all of the above definitely made my ends drier but this shampoo saved my life.

I can't believe these reviews that say it dried out their hair. It made my hair so much softer, more manageable and shiny. My roots are growing and out and are frizzy but this shampoo smooths them out completely!

Best hair advice I can give to anyone who wants shinier, healthier hair is to wash it just ONCE, don't repeat. If you have normal or dry hair and wash your hair frequently, try this and I swear you will be amazed. Not so sure this will work with greasy hair or for people that wash their hair less frequently than every other day.

That's how I wash with this shampoo and my other shampoos now so that they won't strip my hair of more oil than necessary.

on 11/17/2010 11:24:00 PM

it leaves my hair super dry and coarse, i wont buy it again, i cant even finish my current bottle...it sucks ! the shea butter hair cream is not good as well. the taste is weird ....make me feel like vomitting !!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I dont understand why many people here are giving this one star!!!??? I love this shea butter shampoos, condish and the creme leave in's, i have fine to medium hair and it makes my hair soft plus my hair is heavily color treated and this products works great in keeping my hair soft and not straw feel, Only problem is that size and costs!!!! I WISH L"occitane would make ALLLLLL there products in larger sizes like 16 oz's and or 32oz's, these small sizes are a rip off, but i have to admit it works excellent!!!!!!

on 1/29/2010 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pros:
- Soft scent
Cons:
- Strips hair. leaves them dry
- Contains low-quality, irritating ingredient: SLS
This did not perform at all on me, my long fine hair was dried out and tangled, despite very little lather from this shampoo. And at that price, I definitely expect higher quality ingredients than SLS which is decidedly harsh and irritating. Disappointing, big thumbs down.

on 1/29/2010 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This shampoo manages to leave my straight fine hair both tangled and weighed down. It has a nice powdery-floral fragrance, but I hate the way the product performs.
Ingredients: Water, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Tea-Lauryl Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Corn Starch, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG/PPG-14/4 Dimethicone, Castor Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyquaternium-10, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Coumarin, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. continued >>

on 6/7/2009 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Used this and the matching conditioner for last summer. I hated the shampoo. I dont think I finished it. It left my 4A healthy fine dense hair very, VERY tangled and not enough slippage and detangling action for me, which I look for in a moisturizing shampoo. However, the conditioner...glorius! It made up for everything the shampoo did not do. So I guess they were designed to work together, but I never used the shampoo consistently enough after the 2nd or 3rd time to see.

on 12/9/2008 9:05:00 AM

Even though I thought this shampoo was great, I wouldn't buy it again b/c the matching conditioner was terrible (yeah, I know, I don't HAVE to use matching products...but YES, *I* do). A little went a LOOONG way and worked up quite a nice lather, and quickly (unlike their Aromachologie line, but I think that's the lack of SLS). This made for a luxuious shampooing experience; unfortunately, much was left to be desired from subsequent use of its conditioner mate.