October 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Calamine and Pramoxine HCl Anti-Itch Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by pinkdaisies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is fairly good, but when it comes down to my eczema it doesnt do much for me. I have a perscription cream from the clinic that works a lot better than this does, it hardly got rid of the itch/rash. But it did work well for the bug bite on my stomach.

Overall it works decently, I would give it the upper-hand though because its non-harmful on my sensitive skin and works well on bug bites and a little on my eczema. Those who have eczema -- try a perscribed medication from your doctor it is guarenteed to work much better than this! Save this for bug bites and other things.

I also like the fact that its not shiny and that it's colour is skintone so you cant tell if I'm wearing it or not.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm surprised by the high scores for this. normally i like aveeno products, but this doesn't soothe my facial eczema. plus i don't like the calamine smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by JuliaDominick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've normally used hydrocortisone in the past for bug bites and skin irritation, but I picked this up when I was pregnant a few years ago because the doc told me that calamine was safer then HC creams. This stuff has saved me. From having PPP while I was pregnant to getting bug bites and dermatitis now, nothing gets rid of itch like this. It has a nice, light texture and a slight menthol smell, and it gives a cooling sensation instantly after application. The other thing that's instant? Relief. Even huge mosquito bites feel soothed right away. Another bonus is that the calamine helps to dry out a rash or bug bite, helping it to heal faster.
I truly love this stuff! It's worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 6:12:00 AM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use as a calming cream to wear at night. Since I had tried calamine lotion as a mask for redness, I thought I would give this a try. This gave me the same effect but it lasted longer since i left it on overnight. It has sort of a menthol scent, which I think aveeno should get rid of because menthol is known to be irritating. but overall this is a great cream for diminishing redness from rosacea or zits.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by yuphehe

This stuff is amazing. It works better than Hydrocortizone. It is also very thin so easy to spread. the only grip is the smell, but it does relief itch. Love It.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 6:51:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you have really bad eczema, this product can provide temporary relief but its no miracle. I apply it on clean skin and itll work for a few hrs then really burn after (super painful).pros- I like the portable tube (its a twist cap though, i prefer flip tops) and it sinks in really quickly without leaving any sticky or oily residue. The smell isnt offensive or strong at all and its really cheap (i believe i got mine for 3dollars or so). Overall, its good but my eczemas really bad so im looking for better

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Guriya

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the past few months I've started to breakout and get pimples on my face. I have tried using several products and nothing has worked...until now! I tried calamine lotion on my pimples...just like a spot treatment and it has worked miracles for me! For smaller pimples I'm clear within a day or two and for larger ones, It takes about 4 days or so but it's wonderful! I never write reviews on a product unless i've used it long term and TRULY love it completely and this is true love :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by verasilyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this about two weeks ago for my bf, who sometimes have rashes and scratch them like crazy, even though I tell him not to (he's such a child sometimes :D)
Yesterday, he just had an allergic reaction to something, and applied this lotion, and it worked like a miracle according to him.
If it works for him, and I'd definitely repurchase it again.
Note: the effect dissappears after a little while (little...), but I'm not sure if it's because of his allergy is kinda serious, or the effect fades away quickly....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2007 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Tristessa20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This worked pretty well for me. I'm afraid I always have some sort of skin irritation or problem, so I have tried a lot of different products. Nothing ever seems to completely rid me of itching, but this is pretty darn good. I have not used this on chicken pox or poison oak/ivy/sumac, which this product is recommended for along with allergic reactions, which I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 2:26:00 AM More reviews by TRKK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow this stuff is amazing. I broke out in a terrible rash on my arms and legs due to an allergic reaction to a new body lotion/scrub combo that I tried. I tried 1% hydrocortisone but I think it's been open for too long and has lost it's effectiveness so it didn't really help. Luckily I had an unopened tube of this lying around. On the first application it totally soothed the annoying itchiness. I applied one more time just to be sure before bed and this morning I woke up to find the rash 80% gone and subsided!