October 24, 2014 | 1908 users online

Lip Treatments - Alba Botanica - Pineapple Quench lip balm

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by AubreyLenore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first this product, I loved it. It smelled amazing, felt great on my lips, and had a glossy finish (I don't really like wearing lip glosses--I prefer glossy balms). But after using it, my lips started feeling flaky and rough. I stopped using it and the problem went away. I can't figure out what's wrong! The ingredients look okay and I'm not allergic to any of them as far as I know. I guess it's just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by emotasticlips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this. It smells tropical and delicious. I've been using it daily for a few months and its moisturizes my lips nicely. A few weeks ago my daughter had gotten a hold of it and ate it so I went and bought another the same day. However I found it at Rite Aid and I guess it had been sitting there for a while because it had like a grainy texture to it. Not nice. So I went to Whole Foods Market,where I bought it the first time and picked up a new one. The new one didn't have that weird texture to it. So fyi try and get it from a place where you think it would be the freshest. It makes a good alternative to Burt's Bees if the sent and waxy-ness sets you off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by daisyb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great natural lip balm. I love love the smell, and the texture is great. Unlike other natural lip balms, it hasn't gotten gritty or lost its shape. The balm goes on clear and it brings out my lips' natural shine. I put it on before I go to bed and wake up with soft lips. I can't wait to try the other flavors in this, but I know that I'll always go back to Pineapple Quench.
I still love the texture and scent, but I do wish it brought out my natural lipcolor a little more, like Bonne Bell Naturals (which has a really melty/gritty texture, and which is why I won't repurchase it)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by seajay23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore, alba's chapsticks they work so well and smell so divine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally found a natural chapstick I like. I have extremely chapped lips and was addicted to carmex but wanted to find a natural alternative.

This smells delish and really works. The peeling some people experience is because their lips have dead skin on them. If you brush ur lips with a tooth brush and start with a smooth surface in the beginning of the day this works miracles.

Very moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

FlameKitty took the words right out of my mouth. I tried this lip balm for a bit then I went running back to Chapstick Naturals. You'd think with all those wonderful ingredients there would be no issue with peeling and chapping... guess again! Seconds after application your lips will become irritated and chapped. The smell is a bit much but I could suffer through it if this product was of better quality. The only satisfying thing about this balm is the tube it came in, save your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2010 6:12:00 AM More reviews by FlameKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The first time I used this it made my lips more chapped. Like they were chapped in sections and could peel off easily.

It melts real easy which is kind of annoying. The twist thing (to push the product up or down) is at the top and I don't think that is a good idea since some of the lip balm can and has gotten on my fingers before...

The scent is kind of strong and it's not very pleasant either. It smells kind of like cheap chap stick.

It's nice that it's organic though or mostly organic since the label says "82% certified organic ingredients".

I wouldn't recommend this to a friend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by halfjapnap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this for like 2 dollars I think at my local Target, and my lips feel so soft! I just read those reviews about it getting more chapped as it grows older, but maybe that's just because organic chapstick probably doesn't last as ong and should've been thrown away? I wear burts bees but when I can't stand the mintiness on my lips(especially right before I go to bed, because it kind of keeps me up) I wear this stuff. I'm going to start keeping it by my bed in a drawer along with my scar cream and my regular body lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Sshaw26

This lip balm doesn't test on animals and is all natural which is why I bought it. I love pineapple so I think it smells great. When you put it on the first few times it works well but after that I felt like it made my lips chapped. I would put it on and it would feel like pieces were breaking off and staying on my lips. Kind of gross!! I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Lau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this and Passion Fruit at Rite Aid during a BOGO. It was $3.50 for both of them, which is an average price, but I would not buy it if it weren't for that. I can't justify buying a small little lip balm for almost $4!

First off, I am only using natural products that don't test on animals. Alba Botanica is great since they don't conduct animal testing and have natural ingredients like coconut/castor/jojoba/sunflower oil. That's great.

The application is wonderful too, since it is so creamy and soft on your lips. It smells like pineapple (hence the name!), but is very artificial. The scent gives me a huge headache.

Pineapple Quench is moisturizing and my lips feel baby soft all the time when I use it. When it's on, it is shiny and slightly glossy. It sinks in pretty quickly so you don't have anything sitting on your lips and reapplication is always a dream! Except for that darned smell, of course.