Alba Botanica Pineapple Quench lip balm

3.7

Not tested on animals

Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Organic Beeswax, Pineapple Flavor, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Organic Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol And Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Allantoin, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil

on 2/6/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

This lip balm is very moisturising and helps keep my dry lips from flaking. I use this during night as I have another lip balm with SPF that I use during the day. This smells amazing and reminds me of starbursts candy. This is definitely one of my favourite lip balms and I would repurchase this.

on 10/20/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

When I first this product, I loved it. It smelled amazing, felt great on my lips, and had a glossy finish (I don't really like wearing lip glosses--I prefer glossy balms). But after using it, my lips started feeling flaky and rough. I stopped using it and the problem went away. I can't figure out what's wrong! The ingredients look okay and I'm not allergic to any of them as far as I know. I guess it's just not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I really like this. It smells tropical and delicious. I've been using it daily for a few months and its moisturizes my lips nicely. A few weeks ago my daughter had gotten a hold of it and ate it so I went and bought another the same day. However I found it at Rite Aid and I guess it had been sitting there for a while because it had like a grainy texture to it. Not nice. So I went to Whole Foods Market,where I bought it the first time and picked up a new one. The new one didn't have that weird texture to it. So fyi try and get it from a place where you think it would be the freshest. It makes a good alternative to Burt's Bees if the sent and waxy-ness sets you off.

on 8/23/2010 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great natural lip balm. I love love the smell, and the texture is great. Unlike other natural lip balms, it hasn't gotten gritty or lost its shape. The balm goes on clear and it brings out my lips' natural shine. I put it on before I go to bed and wake up with soft lips. I can't wait to try the other flavors in this, but I know that I'll always go back to Pineapple Quench.
I still love the texture and scent, but I do wish it brought out my natural lipcolor a little more, like Bonne Bell Naturals (which has a really melty/gritty texture, and which is why I won't repurchase it)

on 5/10/2010 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I adore, alba's chapsticks they work so well and smell so divine.

on 5/5/2010 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I finally found a natural chapstick I like. I have extremely chapped lips and was addicted to carmex but wanted to find a natural alternative.

This smells delish and really works. The peeling some people experience is because their lips have dead skin on them. If you brush ur lips with a tooth brush and start with a smooth surface in the beginning of the day this works miracles.

Very moisturizing.

on 3/28/2010 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

FlameKitty took the words right out of my mouth. I tried this lip balm for a bit then I went running back to Chapstick Naturals. You'd think with all those wonderful ingredients there would be no issue with peeling and chapping... guess again! Seconds after application your lips will become irritated and chapped. The smell is a bit much but I could suffer through it if this product was of better quality. The only satisfying thing about this balm is the tube it came in, save your money.

on 2/10/2010 6:12:00 AM

The first time I used this it made my lips more chapped. Like they were chapped in sections and could peel off easily.

It melts real easy which is kind of annoying. The twist thing (to push the product up or down) is at the top and I don't think that is a good idea since some of the lip balm can and has gotten on my fingers before...

The scent is kind of strong and it's not very pleasant either. It smells kind of like cheap chap stick.

It's nice that it's organic though or mostly organic since the label says "82% certified organic ingredients".

I wouldn't recommend this to a friend.

on 1/19/2010 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I just bought this for like 2 dollars I think at my local Target, and my lips feel so soft! I just read those reviews about it getting more chapped as it grows older, but maybe that's just because organic chapstick probably doesn't last as ong and should've been thrown away? I wear burts bees but when I can't stand the mintiness on my lips(especially right before I go to bed, because it kind of keeps me up) I wear this stuff. I'm going to start keeping it by my bed in a drawer along with my scar cream and my regular body lotion.

on 11/20/2009 2:32:00 PM

This lip balm doesn't test on animals and is all natural which is why I bought it. I love pineapple so I think it smells great. When you put it on the first few times it works well but after that I felt like it made my lips chapped. I would put it on and it would feel like pieces were breaking off and staying on my lips. Kind of gross!! I wouldn't buy this again.

Popular Lip Treatments