August 30, 2014 | 1759 users online

Styling Products - Alterna - Life Volumizing Spray Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

This isn't my favorite styling product by any stretch. For starters, for the price and the name "Alterna", I had much higher expectations, especially given my love for the Volumizing shampoo & conditioner which I've been somewhat happy with. This product however, doesn't impress me at all. I don't notice really any measureable volume when using this that I don't have when i use nothing at all. I have very fine hair, and this just gives zero additional lift or volume whatsoever. My other gripe with this is the packaging, as it the spray doesn't come out half the time and the nozzle gets backed up. For the high pricetag, this pretty much is a letdown from every aspect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

At $24 CDN for a bottle of this, I had great expectations. My hairdresser claimed this is a better volumizer than anything else she's ever used. Big claim from a professional and product junkie.

So I gave it a whirl. My hair is long and thick, so I have volume issues, meaning that I've got a lot of fullness everywhere but at the scalp. What I do with this is spray it on my hands and distribute it through my roots, and blow dry as usual (upside down and opposite to my part). I can leave it, or I can take it a step further. For really big volume, I take small sections of hair at the crown, spray with this gel, and then tease with a teaser brush. After about four or five sections, left hanging at the front of my face, I blow dry using cool air to set, then throw all my hair back and gently comb down, careful not to flatten what I've just done. I finish with a light spraying of Salon Grafix hairspray (a cheaper version of Sebastian Shaper) and voila! Big, sexy hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This gel adds volume to my fine, thin hair that tends to be very flat. It's more a volumizer than a gel though. It doesn't have much hold for styling. However, the volume it provides lasts! It's not sticky or drying like a lot of other gels and volumizers can be. I concentrate it at my roots for maximum lift. It has pretty floral scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2004 8:05:00 PM More reviews by cahoulie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! mixed it with the thickening compound and it made my hair soft,full,and shiny.P.S. smells great!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2004 2:28:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

This is a spray gel that provides minimal volume. Smells really wonderful, but I wished it worked better! Although this claims to be "volumizing", I find that it really weighs my hair down and makes it look greasy. Instead of giving my hair 'life', it seems to suck all the life out of it. Wouldn't re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2002 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great Gel for volumizing! It doesn't get stiff and provides great volume especially.