January 30, 2015 | 998 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2015 12:33:00 PM More reviews by robin1lee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried many, many mascaras in my time (as I'm sure all of us have), I keep coming back to this one. I love the applicator. It's not too big and the little spikes help separate your lashes. Plus you can build up volume if you apply more coats. It dries fast which I also like. The one draw-back, and the number one reason I do keep trying others, is that it's a little flaky. Not bad if you leave your lashes alone and don't touch them, but I'm an eye-toucher and it leaves little flakes when I do it. It stays on well too. If I don't wash it off the night before, I can totally go the next day without reapplying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW! No one is more surprised than I am at how much I love this DS mascara. I am a HE mascara gal (w/ one exception which up until now was Full & Soft-the only DS mascara that I've ever thought came close to a HE mascara) & was looking for a dupe of my favorite mascara Lancome Definicils because I was really tired of spending $28 for a tube of mascara and this was suggested as a close dupe. I've got news for you...I think this is way better than Definicils!!! In fact, it's way better than any other mascara I have ever tried-HE & DS. Keep in mind, this is a lengthening mascara so it does not add much volume or thickness to the lashes but it does create clean-looking, clump-free, flake-free length. Great color-I typically only buy Black but tried BlackBrown in Lash Exact & it's a great deep, dark, blackish brown. I used to swear by "old school" bristle brushes but I am now a convert. Lash Exact has a silicone brush and it blows away bristle brushes. I paid under $6 for this so it's all good!!!! I 'm going to pick up a Black (& hopefully waterproof) version tomorrow. I would highly recommend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love this mascara. I have tried several other Cover Girl mascaras (the yellow, purple, and orange Lash Blasts and the hazel and green colors in the Exact Eyelights line) and what this has in common with all of them is clean, clump-free definition. Although I dislike other Cover Girl cosmetics (their foundations are ALL too pink or orange for my fair olive-yellow skin) I can always depend on them for a good, no-clump lash. This mascara (I use the non-waterproof version in Very Black) gives a really good balance between dramatic and natural -- what I mean is that I can wear this out every day to give my lashes a kick and brighten up my eyes, but it looks natural and subtle (whereas some other mascaras are very dramatic--which I like more for a going-out-at-night look--and look very bold and eye-catching). This goes on very smoothly, doesn't irritate my eyes, stays put all day, does not flake or smudge, and washes off very easily with soap and water. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a simple, day-to-day mascara that won't look too bold but will give your eyes a little something extra. It provides good length and volume and nice separation of lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by chicodog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried at least 20 brands of mascara over the last year from drugstore brands, to high end department store, to asking for recommends at Ulta and Sephora - cost never an option as I was desperate to find a mascara that worked.

My challenge was that no matter what brand, waterproof or not, after a few hours the mascara would either rub off under my eyes, flake off on the tips of my lashes or both (and that was with putting mascara on only my top lashes only). Another challenge was color. I have fair skin, not as light as ivory, with vey blonde eyelashes. Black mascara looks fake on me while straight brown makes me looked washed out. Finally my eyes get irritated easily if the mascara flakes at all.

I was amazed and thought it was funny after my extensive search I ended up finding a mascara at Walmart, at a cheap price, that finally worked. I saw a beauty article in a women's health magazine and thought what have I got to lose?

Lash Exact by Covergirl has a black brown that looks great with my skin tone. It doesn't clump and goes on smoothly if you want to add extra coats. It covers my blonde lashes well at the base and tips of my lashes. No smudging or flaking. I do sometimes need to re-apply at the tips after exercise, but there is no flaking that irritates my eyes :).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My fav mascara in brown or black brown when I can find it. The local Walmart still stock this but they placed it on the bottom row so you have to bend down and hunt for it. It never irritates my eyes, it gives my lashes some definition and it washes off easily. I have noticed that the price for this has gone up lately. It used to be around five dollars.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
- very smooth formula that is not clumpy, goopy, chunky or smeary
- stiff plastic brush with short bristles; great for bringing out the length in each individual lash; not clumpy at all; smooth formula makes it easy to re-apply 2-3 times with no clumping whatsoever
- end result are long, defined lashes that look clean and natural
- good staying power, doesn't run or flake off
- low cost, can replace mascara very inexpensively

Cons:
- you have to have some natural fullness to your lashes, otherwise I think this product will give you too much length but no body (spider lashes)
- this product is not going to give you very dramatically lengthened/thickened lashes, but it's a very good "natural mascara"

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Sam3215

The brown looks very natural

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by ctrautmann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG this is my HG, finally. I am used to spending $15 + on mascara, and I found this on the suggestion of a friend. NO CLUMPS, brush is big but not too big, lats all day without smudging, doesn't give you tarantula lashes, washes off easily, is cheap, simply awesome. I cannot believe I love a drugstore mascara so much. now here's the bunmmer: IS IT BEING DISCONTINUED??? i CAN'T F IND IT ANYMORE! IT'S OUT OF STOCK EVERYWHERE I GO!! WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME???? can anyone suggest another one from cover girl that gives the same results?????UGH

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by amsa22

I love this mascara... It's great at lengthening, separating and adding volume! I love the waterproof formula since it's the only one that will hold my curl but I believe this is being discontinued and I can't find it anywhere anymore :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by mikiesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this on clearance, so for $2, I couldn't go wrong. I absolutely LOVE this mascara. It adds volume, length, and never clumps. I've spent lots of $$'s on high-end mascara and didn't get the results this one gives. This will be my new go-to for sure.