August 23, 2014 | 1008 users online

Sunscreen - La Roche Posay - UVIDEA XL SPF 50

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by baileysmilk84

as per previous review, it was obvious makeup, shiny and left a horrid feeling. I felt like i was soaking in oil? Had to continuously blot my face. Never again

I was using 01 but it was so obviously grey, no way would it fit most skintones!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Ghostwerld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the greasiest, most obvious makeup or sunblock that I've ever used. It's like rubbing dirty, wet glue on your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by jeseasy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

works quite great but somehow it gave me break outs :'(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by kitchensink01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought the Uvidea XL melt in BB cream 01. My skintone is MAC20-25, Diorskin nude #21. The Uvidea comes in 01 - pink tone & 02 - yellow tone. I can wear either shade as my skin is very close to neutral toned and the BB cream is quite sheer and easily blended into the skin. The Mexoryl sunscreen in Uvidea is quite impressive. It has high protection against UVA. It doesn't say it's water resistant but Mexoryl sunscreens uses an oil based sunscreen so you will need a good cleanser to remove it at the end of the day. I use QV gentle wash & it has no problems removing it. It did not cause acne and I even tested it by sleeping in it! It also did not accentuate my dry flaky chin. The problem with it is the tint smudges very easily. If I accidentally touched my face with wet hands, the tint will be dissolved by the water. Coverage is not as long lasting as a proper foundation & it will only hide mild redness. It's also pricey at nearly AUD30 for 30ml. The tube packaging with small nozzle makes it incredibly easy to dispense the right amount of cream needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by harpsandhurdles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my land I hope this stuff doesn't break me out, beccause I think I have found my HG sunscreen after 10 years of searching. It was quite expensive, I got the porcelaine tinted version from Rakuten and paid $50 something for it. It melts right in and feels if you are wearing nothing at all. No irritation whatsoever (I was worried because of the Mexoryl XL) no breakouts (so far 5 days in) makeup goes over it perfectly with no shine. Has a PPD of 18....fantastic for a daily sunscreen. The porcelaine tint evens out my NC15 skintone perfectly. I wish this stuff was easier to get, but I will pay anything for the perfect sunscreen. The only one I see on ebay now is the BB version, I may try that in the future, but I LOVE the one I have now. HOT DOG!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is made for asian-sensitive skin. This range also has a tinted BB cream version with a high SPF, but this review is for the normal sunscreen. It comes in a small bottle, whick you need to shake a little before applying the fluid. The product is very watery and light, it's supposed to be non-greasy, but I think it does leave a slightly greasy film on my skin after application. Also I think it contains alcohol, which irritates my eyes a little. Once it has fully soaked in to the skin, it will not leave a white cast and it's suitable as a make-up base. Overall a nice product.
Big Con: It's about 35US$ for 30ml. That's insane.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by francescalam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this sunscreen. It is very light sunscreen with high SPF protection. The texture is just like water. It doesn't leave your skin an oily touch at all. More importantly, it didn't break me out or cause irritation. My favorite sunscreen so far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-This is very lightweight and great for my oily skin.
- the SPF 50 is great for summer time

Cons:
- fair coverage
- very expensive

I would purchase it again because it does not make my face greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ic3fall

I have the melt-in bb cream version of this. I apply this religiously when I'm going out to work cause of the high spf protection. *Sunspot Paranoia* It does make the face slightly more oily, but not overly so. I'm an MAC NC 15 and this color is fine for me, blends in well. Coverage is only average but it is quite natural :) It's quite pricey at S$49 for 30ml but I'll do anything to prevent sunspots or toasting in the sun. It's not perfect but I can't live without it lol~ At least until another high spf product can replace this :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got lots of free samples of this, I really like it, it's light enough and feels comfortable on your skin, and it's easy to put on your makeup afterwards too, I usually put this right after my sodium hyaluronate serum and then my foundation, I don't use another layer of lotion as I think it's too much for my skin, it works really well even without another layer of lotion.

I like it, I haven't bought it so far because I got LOTS of free samples, and I think it's kinda expensive.