Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Precious Posy

4.7

Ingredients: talc, dimethicone, silica, zinc stearate, nylon 12, lauryl laurate, tetrasodium edta, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin. May contain: mica, titatium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), carmine (ci 75470), red 7 lake (ci 15850), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), red 22 lake (ci 45380), red 36 lake (ci 12085), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 30 lake (ci 73360), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 34 lake (ci 15880), ultramarines (ci 77007), yellow 6 lake (ci 15985), .ff

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

cute color but gone on my cheeks in less than two hours

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The Clinique blush powder is good, but I'm not totally in love with it. To be honest I don't use it as much now as I'm into more of a brown cheek but if I do choose to go for a rosy blush I do like the pinks. Precious posy is soft yet bight blush that does brighten up your face however for me maybe a bit to doll like but again I'm into the brown blush at the moment. Id say it is more of a winter choose for blush as it is more of a warm feel that fits in nicely with the cold season. It has a slight shimmer which I'm not a fan of but would still use it. The packaging is great, nice and compact and also a classy look and feel to it. The brush it comes with is also good, it applies well and still has the soft new brush feel to it as if it was new it. I wouldn't buy it again, as for the pricing for Clinique it is a good price but all in all Clinique tends to be an expensive choose.

on 1/10/2015 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

For a powder blusher this is nice and light, easy to blend and shimmery but to a nice level- not too much so it still fine for everyday use.
This particular colour is a pinky peach and is perfect for summer, gives a nice glow.
I'd say it's better for lighter hair as, in my opinion with darker hair it looks a bit too pink, but you can mix it with bronzer to deepen the colour a little in a pinch.
I wouldn't buy it again simply because it not my HG blusher and life's to short to not try new makeup!

*TIP as well as applying to the apples of the cheeks dry a *very* light dusting on the forehead and chin to even the face out- particularly good for dark blonde- caramel hair to prevent the skin tone looking bland.
Xx

A beautiful peachy pink with a glow, which looks somewhat different in the pan to how it shows up on the skin. My GWP version is not as smooth to apply as I'm used to with Clinique so I would not re-purchase it in the full-size but the colour is gorgeous.

on 7/12/2014 9:22:00 AM

I like this line of blushes better than the older Clinique line for the texture and the subtle shimmer. They do tend to be more pigmented and easy to overdo however. That being said, I purchased this one based on the positive reviews here. I have fair mature skin that tends to change the color of products for some reason, usually to orange or bright pink. When I received this blush it looked very orange and I wasn't expecting it to work. Once it was on, it was as other reviewers have said- very pretty and natural. I could build it up without overdoing it and it looked fresh all day. Not too pink or too orange, just bright enough for a youthful summer look. A very light dusting on brow, bridge and chin ties it together for a sun kissed substitute for bronzer if you are fair skinned. I like the packaging too, though it shows smudges and fingerprints it is prettier than the marble green. Have been using this blush daily for work and casual and am very happy with it.

Wow. Hate to be the iconoclast but this stuff did not work for me. The ratings were trusted, of course, and I can see why people might like it, the color in the pan was perfect. However, It didn't last the morning on my face and didn't seem to have an elegant finish. Felt like a drugstore brand on my skin. So sad!

on 5/19/2014 1:59:00 AM

This beautiful peach pink blush with gold undertones has looked fantastic on everyone I know. I tried this one at the Clinique booth at the mall and fell in love. it brightens your face and is perfect for summer and spring with any skin tone. I get very tan during the summer,but I am pretty pale during the winter and I was originally worried about it looking stupid with pale skin, but it really just enhances. I love this and recommend it to everyone even if it is a little pricey.

on 4/25/2014 5:59:00 AM

Let me just say from the start that this blush has obtained Holy Grail status. It sits up there on the exalted HG shelf of Blush-Perfection along with the select few other greats (on my NC20 skin, black hair) including NARS Exhibit A and Bobbi Brown pot rouge in Powder Pink.

This was my second ever blush over a decade ago, obtained as part of a gift with purchase but quickly upgraded to the full size because of my irrational fear that it would be discontinued and I needed more than a sample size of this in my life! Since then many many peachy-pink blushes have entered my life... not because I love Clinique Precious Posy any less, but because that I kept thinking maybe there was something even better out there! (After years of searching, I have concluded that there is in fact not and I could have saved a whole lot of money if I had stopped at Precious Posy)

Out of all my blushes this brightens up my face the most. This blush is highly pigmented, lasts a good 6 hours on my skin and I have been complimented many times that I look as "fresh as a daisy", even at the end of a long working day.

I know that this is frequently compared to NARS Orgasm, which I also own but rarely reach for. In comparison, NARS Orgasm is a more muted pink with a golden undertone and plenty of obvious shimmer as compared to Precious Posy which is an uplifting peachy pink that has a very fine shimmer (that is not at all evident on the skin except to provide the most subtle sheen).

In comparison, Shu Uemura P Pink 30 is VERY similar in colour but the lasting power is very poor in comparison. Only stays on my cheeks for about 2 hours before POOF! it has disappeared. MAC Fleur Power is matte and a warmer orange-peachy colour with less pink, and Benefit Coralista is definitely more peachy with a golden sheen and only a smidgeon of pink.

Precious Posy is truly lovely. Highly recommended.

on 4/22/2014 2:34:00 PM

A perfect combination of peach and pink, a la Nars Orgasm without the high shimmer and shine. This is very pigmented, so a little will go a long way.

on 3/20/2014 1:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have the "01 Aglow" shade.

A decent blush.
Gives a glow to the face.
Beautiful shade.

Highlights red blemishes a bit.

= Will probably not repurchase.