July 29, 2014 | 1209 users online

Blush - Clinique - Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Precious Posy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this line of blushes better than the older Clinique line for the texture and the subtle shimmer. They do tend to be more pigmented and easy to overdo however. That being said, I purchased this one based on the positive reviews here. I have fair mature skin that tends to change the color of products for some reason, usually to orange or bright pink. When I received this blush it looked very orange and I wasn't expecting it to work. Once it was on, it was as other reviewers have said- very pretty and natural. I could build it up without overdoing it and it looked fresh all day. Not too pink or too orange, just bright enough for a youthful summer look. A very light dusting on brow, bridge and chin ties it together for a sun kissed substitute for bronzer if you are fair skinned. I like the packaging too, though it shows smudges and fingerprints it is prettier than the marble green. Have been using this blush daily for work and casual and am very happy with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by clairestrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow. Hate to be the iconoclast but this stuff did not work for me. The ratings were trusted, of course, and I can see why people might like it, the color in the pan was perfect. However, It didn't last the morning on my face and didn't seem to have an elegant finish. Felt like a drugstore brand on my skin. So sad!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by dasherprop13

This beautiful peach pink blush with gold undertones has looked fantastic on everyone I know. I tried this one at the Clinique booth at the mall and fell in love. it brightens your face and is perfect for summer and spring with any skin tone. I get very tan during the summer,but I am pretty pale during the winter and I was originally worried about it looking stupid with pale skin, but it really just enhances. I love this and recommend it to everyone even if it is a little pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Willowmere

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me just say from the start that this blush has obtained Holy Grail status. It sits up there on the exalted HG shelf of Blush-Perfection along with the select few other greats (on my NC20 skin, black hair) including NARS Exhibit A and Bobbi Brown pot rouge in Powder Pink.

This was my second ever blush over a decade ago, obtained as part of a gift with purchase but quickly upgraded to the full size because of my irrational fear that it would be discontinued and I needed more than a sample size of this in my life! Since then many many peachy-pink blushes have entered my life... not because I love Clinique Precious Posy any less, but because that I kept thinking maybe there was something even better out there! (After years of searching, I have concluded that there is in fact not and I could have saved a whole lot of money if I had stopped at Precious Posy)

Out of all my blushes this brightens up my face the most. This blush is highly pigmented, lasts a good 6 hours on my skin and I have been complimented many times that I look as "fresh as a daisy", even at the end of a long working day.

I know that this is frequently compared to NARS Orgasm, which I also own but rarely reach for. In comparison, NARS Orgasm is a more muted pink with a golden undertone and plenty of obvious shimmer as compared to Precious Posy which is an uplifting peachy pink that has a very fine shimmer (that is not at all evident on the skin except to provide the most subtle sheen).

In comparison, Shu Uemura P Pink 30 is VERY similar in colour but the lasting power is very poor in comparison. Only stays on my cheeks for about 2 hours before POOF! it has disappeared. MAC Fleur Power is matte and a warmer orange-peachy colour with less pink, and Benefit Coralista is definitely more peachy with a golden sheen and only a smidgeon of pink.

Precious Posy is truly lovely. Highly recommended.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A perfect combination of peach and pink, a la Nars Orgasm without the high shimmer and shine. This is very pigmented, so a little will go a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Curlycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the "01 Aglow" shade.

A decent blush.
Gives a glow to the face.
Beautiful shade.

Highlights red blemishes a bit.

= Will probably not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Here comes another 5 star review from me :)

This really needs to replace NARS Orgasm's place under the spotlight. Actually, this IS Orgasm without those overwhelming gold specs/particles/fairy dust and a shocking name.

It's funny because i regretted buying this at first because it's too pigmented and tried to sell it online *facepalm*. You cannot apply this with a regular blush brush because you WILL end up looking like a clown. A soft fan brush is the tool needed to unleash the power of this formula (my weapon of choice is MAC 184, which i was also going to sell *another facepalm here*)

I cannot get over how natural it looks applied with a fan brush...It's not coral, not peachy or pink; it's a mid-color that looks pink in some lights and peachy in others. It's also quite matte but not flat; it doesn't make skin impurities obvious like Orgasm.

The product comes in a sleek clinique packaging which is quite sturdy & chic.

It will also last you a lifetime because it's very pigmented. Absence of shimmer makes this blush wearable for ANY occasion.

Overall, LOVE IT :)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Fundyfran

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading the positive reviews on Precious Posy here, I decided to try this blush since Clinique was having a bonus at Dillards. I love the color. It's almost a perfect match for Orgasm by Nars without all the glitter. The price is $8 less, and comes with a brush that works pretty well, unlike Nars with no brush. Last night when I was removing my makeup, I was surprised to see that the blush still was there after a long day, and looked very natural and attractive. I am absolutely switching to this color from now on. I like it because it is a pinky peach that looks very natural.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by mleavey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually wear pixi natural gel or Illamasqua Katie but always felt my boyfriend staring at me as if to say, "I like you better without make-up" realizing they may not be the best option. Along comes makeup alley's review of Precious Posy. I went out and bought it and LOVE it!!!!! Someone took a picture of me this weekend and it actually made my face look alive and as if I just went skiing. I was never an Orgasm fan because of shimmer, PP is perfect. Will probably get a fan brush as it is highly pigmented (I am VERY fair) but I have been using a MAC brush and then a little highlighter which seems to work well to soften the blush. THANK YOU FOR THIS RECOMMENDATION!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

OMG!!

My HG blush! Perfect combo of peach and pink!

Another fab find -thanks to MUA. Admittedly I was skeptical, a little intrigued at first by the rave reviews here.. This is one of the highest rated blushes, and according to some reviewers a NARS Orgasm dupe. Without glitter!

Bought it from the Bay in Richmond Centre for 26 cdn! & I also got this floral makeup kit with a chubby stick, mascara, makeup remover, etc! In the states, this retails for 23usd! Not that expensive for a department store brand.

I love it more than Orgasm... So pigmented and gives me this natural looking flush! So unlike the garish Tarte amazonian "Natural Beauty" blush I bought from Sephora.

Already recommended this to friends and family!