April 18, 2014 | 1963 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Cleansing Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by alixnaiq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this when travelling in winter, and it was nicely moisturising then - better than the dead sea mud soap I normally use. However, in the tropical country where I live, I tried using it for a few days and it's too heavy. I've found another lighter water-based cleanser that removes makeup more efficiently, and am planning to try some from the Boots No7 brand. Now I'm using this cleanser only to remove makeup off my hands and don't plan to repurchase - I'm sure there are other moisturising ones I can use for future winter travels. Like other reviewers, I find the bottle too hard to squeeze - a pump bottle or a tube would be better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about a month now. It doesn't irritate my skin but it doesn't quite calm it either. I think it's a fair cleanser for removing dirt/oil. (I use something else to remove my makeup first). It smells and feels pretty nice. I don't find it particularly hydrating. You could probably find something similar in a lower price range.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Burned out my cheeks. Cannot stress enough how abrasive this cream cleanser is. I had to toss out the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was a little nervous to try this, since the only other two cream cleansers I've tried (Neutrogena and Clean&Clear) both left my face tight, dry and irritated. But since I love TBS and every product I have tried so far from the Vitamin E line, I figured I'd give it a chance. The bottle, although cute and attractive to me, is made of hard plastic that's slightly hard to squeeze -- so when I get to the bottom of the bottle, it may be somewhat difficult to get the rest of the product out. But the product itself can be described accurately in one word: HEAVENLY. It feels so smooth and silky when I massage it onto my face, that I actually look forward to coming home and cleansing. I absolutely LOVE washing my face with this! When I rinse it off, my skin is left very soft and refreshed, and not at all dry or tight. Every once in a while my eczema somehow gets triggered and I'll have dry, itchy, red patches on my face, but this cream cleanser has really calmed my skin and I haven't had this problem in a while. It should be noted that this cleanser doesn't lather at all, which I actually like. Cleansers that lather are usually the ones that irritate my skin and leave it dry. I gently pat dry my face and then follow up with the Vitamin E Moisture Serum, Vitamin E Eye Cream and the Vitamin E Moisture Cream (nighttime routine). My skin has greatly improved since I started using the Vitamin E line so I will continue to use these amazing products. I just ordered the Hydrating Toner and the SPF 15 Moisture Lotion and I can't wait to add these two to the mix! TBS Vitamin E customer for life right here.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Crazycatlady91

It's light on my skin, removes all of my foundation and eye make up. Not bad in price. I've used the cleanser, toner and moisturiser now for about 8/10 weeks and it has really cleared up my spots. I'd recommend the Vitamin E range! Just stick with it for at least 6 weeks, washing your face twice daily with the products. It even calmed down the redness of my scarring!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could get a litre of sorbolene cream that is quite good at one fifth of what this cream would cost me. So even if I totally love it ill have to say no, I'm not gonna buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like how gentle this cleanser is!! It doesn't leave your skin feeling really dry & tight after washing. I used to have a lot of pimples when I was using other cleansers, but when I switched to this my face got better. This does not remove make up very effectively though. I always remove my make up with a remover first, cleanse with this & use a tissue to wipe it off before cleansing my face again & finishing up with a foam wash and toner. I personally feel that the packaging can be better, but it's not horrible either. Slightly expensive, but I always stock up when there is an offer. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by kaltrina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for about 5 years now. I have combination skin.

It cleanses make-up easily, including eye make-up without leaving you with dry and irritated skin. It doesn't cause me to break out and keeps my face balanced. Even when I change the wash occasionally I always seem to go back to it because it just does the trick. It's perfect for combination skin.

The price works out well if you consistently buy it because they always have offers and I will usually buy about three at once and get one half price or whatever the offer is at the time.

Definitely worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by bluedestructionx

I don't really wear heavy makeup so I don't really know if its able to clean off everything, but its definitely good enough for bb cream + powder and no makeup. I use it when I'm showering at the gym and it has never broken me out. I think this works better if you use it with dry hands on a dry face rather than using it after your face has been wet. I find that it leaves a slight film if I use it wet.. but that could just be me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I switched to this because I am searching for products not having been tested on animals. I know that TBS is owned by L'Oreal (which does), but I am willing to believe TBS's own claims that it does not test on animals. This cleanser is a pleasant product, probably best suited to people with dry skin. It does not lather. (I never use foaming or lathering cleansers because they make my skin itch.) I use this product under the shower and I enjoy it. It has a mild, baby powder scent. I don't wear foundation so cannot comment on how well this cleanser would remove it, but I expect you would want something with a bit more oomph.
EDIT 3/12/2012: I have used this product to remove makeup and it worked fine. However, I have discovered that The Body Shop's Aloe gentle cleanser is fragrance-free, which I prefer, so when I have used the Vitamin E I am planning to switch to the Aloe.