October 31, 2014 | 792 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Cleansing Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by amitayumi

This cleansing cream have successfully makes my skin dry as i never have it before...i stop it after using it for 1 week...now im back to my baby soap...i dunno msybe it just my skin doesn't match with this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Brought the Body Shop Vitamin E sample bag which contain Moisture Cream, Nourishing Night Cream, Toner & facial cleanser plus the bag.

This is a fantastic cleanser for dry skin. It does feel hydrating to use & does not produce more oil on the T Zone area.

It can remove makeup, although I recommend you removing your makeup prior to using this, that way you can ease any stinginess or irritation from the makeup remover with the cleanser.

Lovely smell, does feel like it doesn't come off the skin but that's the moisturizing part.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is more of a makeup remover or cold cream than a regular cleanser. It has a very oily texture and is hard to remove. It does remove makeup very well. I would use this more in the rare instances that I wear heavy or hard to remove makeup than on a daily basis.

Edit: I've started to use cold creams more, and then I remembered that I still had this on the shelf. I actually read the directions this time, which tell you to wipe this off rather than rinse. In essence, this is just a slightly thinner cold cream, although they don't call it that. This has more natural oils than most cold creams, and The Body Shop doesn't test on animals. Once you get the hang of it, this is a really great product. I use the cheapest face wipes I can find to remove the cream, and it's amazing what comes off just with your normal daily makeup regimen. Obviously, the average cleanser leaves a lot more behind than we realize. I went back and added a lippie, because it turns out this really is a great product. I didn't give it five lippies, because I feel it's kind of expensive compared to other cold creams. I think it was somewhere between $15 and $18 dollars for 6.75 oz. However, if you want to treat yourself, especially in the winter, this is a great choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by alixnaiq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this when travelling in winter, and it was nicely moisturising then - better than the dead sea mud soap I normally use. However, in the tropical country where I live, I tried using it for a few days and it's too heavy. I've found another lighter water-based cleanser that removes makeup more efficiently, and am planning to try some from the Boots No7 brand. Now I'm using this cleanser only to remove makeup off my hands and don't plan to repurchase - I'm sure there are other moisturising ones I can use for future winter travels. Like other reviewers, I find the bottle too hard to squeeze - a pump bottle or a tube would be better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about a month now. It doesn't irritate my skin but it doesn't quite calm it either. I think it's a fair cleanser for removing dirt/oil. (I use something else to remove my makeup first). It smells and feels pretty nice. I don't find it particularly hydrating. You could probably find something similar in a lower price range.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Burned out my cheeks. Cannot stress enough how abrasive this cream cleanser is. I had to toss out the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was a little nervous to try this, since the only other two cream cleansers I've tried (Neutrogena and Clean&Clear) both left my face tight, dry and irritated. But since I love TBS and every product I have tried so far from the Vitamin E line, I figured I'd give it a chance. The bottle, although cute and attractive to me, is made of hard plastic that's slightly hard to squeeze -- so when I get to the bottom of the bottle, it may be somewhat difficult to get the rest of the product out. But the product itself can be described accurately in one word: HEAVENLY. It feels so smooth and silky when I massage it onto my face, that I actually look forward to coming home and cleansing. I absolutely LOVE washing my face with this! When I rinse it off, my skin is left very soft and refreshed, and not at all dry or tight. Every once in a while my eczema somehow gets triggered and I'll have dry, itchy, red patches on my face, but this cream cleanser has really calmed my skin and I haven't had this problem in a while. It should be noted that this cleanser doesn't lather at all, which I actually like. Cleansers that lather are usually the ones that irritate my skin and leave it dry. I gently pat dry my face and then follow up with the Vitamin E Moisture Serum, Vitamin E Eye Cream and the Vitamin E Moisture Cream (nighttime routine). My skin has greatly improved since I started using the Vitamin E line so I will continue to use these amazing products. I just ordered the Hydrating Toner and the SPF 15 Moisture Lotion and I can't wait to add these two to the mix! TBS Vitamin E customer for life right here.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Crazycatlady91

It's light on my skin, removes all of my foundation and eye make up. Not bad in price. I've used the cleanser, toner and moisturiser now for about 8/10 weeks and it has really cleared up my spots. I'd recommend the Vitamin E range! Just stick with it for at least 6 weeks, washing your face twice daily with the products. It even calmed down the redness of my scarring!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could get a litre of sorbolene cream that is quite good at one fifth of what this cream would cost me. So even if I totally love it ill have to say no, I'm not gonna buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like how gentle this cleanser is!! It doesn't leave your skin feeling really dry & tight after washing. I used to have a lot of pimples when I was using other cleansers, but when I switched to this my face got better. This does not remove make up very effectively though. I always remove my make up with a remover first, cleanse with this & use a tissue to wipe it off before cleansing my face again & finishing up with a foam wash and toner. I personally feel that the packaging can be better, but it's not horrible either. Slightly expensive, but I always stock up when there is an offer. :)