Lancome Color Design-Impress

4.3

on 10/23/2012 8:42:00 PM

I had been looking for a brown/bronze eyeshadow with gold flecks to replace my old favorite/now discontinued Mary Kay Vintage Gold. I found this at a store in an outlet mall and it was only $13 (when at the stores its over $20). So i bought it and it looks gorgeous with yellow gold or bronze golds. I like it best with my Clinique Chocolate Fudge (pink with flecks of gold in it) and its just stunning. DEFINITELY recommend if you can find it at a good price (even still its worth the investment since i wear it just about every day!)

on 10/11/2011 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pretty bronze shade that brings out amber in brown eyes. But returned and got maybelline urban brown on amazon thanks to review by Devrim. She is right, they are the exact same color and both go on smooth.

on 12/30/2009 7:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Returned immediately after realizing that it's the exact same color, texture and quality with Maybelline Urban Brown. That means it's not worth the price difference. I'll go with the cheaper one.

on 12/8/2009 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The quality and wear-ability of the shadow is amazing. It blends beautifully with gold shadows to bring out the metallic sheen. I also use it as an eye liner, when wet the color is more intense, less metallic but still bronze. I LOVE this product!

on 9/29/2008 10:06:00 AM

I was a MAC eyeshadow devotee for a long time. But way before that I had used the Lancome shadows; for some reason (probably experimentation) I got away from the Lancome shadows and ended up with the MAC. Well, here I am making full circle back to the Lancome eyeshadows and they are better than ever -- I highly recommend them if you want a quality shadow at a reasonable (compare to some of the other high-end companies!) price. I'm not real fond of the lid on these new issue shadows -- personally prefer a hinged lid (like the MAC's) -- but this is a small complaint and won't keep me from repurchasing. The color being reviewed here -- IMPRESS -- is a fantastic color for me. The metallic is subtle enough to not be overwhelming or all-encompassing. The formula is terrific, smooth, blendable, buildable, lasting, non-creasing. If you can find your color(s) in this Lancome shadow line, scoop them up and ENJOY!

on 9/27/2008 3:48:00 PM

As with most Lancome shadows, this is a high quality product. It's a metallic mid-deep tone bronze color. It looks AMAZING when applied wet and used as a liner. It is nicely pigmented. Great color

on 5/24/2007 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Great deep bronze color. I use this as a base with Color Design The Pink Carpet on top for cool bright coral look appropriate for my chocolate skin.

on 11/13/2006 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this eyeshadow implusively. I usually stray away from anything metallic, but this is actually very pretty and can go on very sheen. It's a neutral brown bronze that is very buildable. I prefer applying it wet, otherwise I'll end up with gold sparkles all over my cheeks. I'll purchase this again since its affordable and a fun color to have.

on 11/18/2005 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really like Impress. The color actually shows up on me how it looks in the pan (I am NC42). I tried it wet today and that made it even more intense. It is a shimmery bronze/brown. Very pretty, could work on a variety of skintones. Lasting power is very good, after about ten hours of wear I checked and it still looked good. A little expensive though, but if I don't find anything just as good I would get this color again.

on 11/17/2005 9:51:00 PM

This is one of the new Lancome single eyeshadows that are replacing the old Color Focus. They are more highly pigmented and seem to have better staying power. This color is a metallic bronze that doesn't have too much red in it for my LLL complexion. This is what I wanted MAC's bronze to be like, but it is very red in comparison. This is more neutral and would suit many complexions.