August 1, 2014 | 1846 users online

Gels/Soaps - Olay - Complete Moisturizing Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by JenniferDeann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am using the Up & Up (Target) generic version for this, but the ingredient list looks identical so here goes. I like this body wash. The fragrance is neutral, which is good because I don't like strong scents. More importantly it cleans well and doesn't dry out my skin. I tried Dove moisturizing body wash and that stuff dries me out. The price is amazingly low for such a huge bottle which I expect will last me many months. Update 4/2/11: I had to stop using this as I developed a rash on my chest and back. I'm disappointed because it did clean well and leave my skin soft, but when I did discontinue this, the rash cleared up.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by foxytina69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

i agree!! i used to use this product in the original formula about 10 years ago. it came in a smaller straight rectangle bottle with pink on the bottle and i remember three little pink circles on the front. anyone rememeber this? it was the most amazing smelling body wash i ever used. i adored it. it smelled like jasmine and rose or something. it was sooo delectable. then they stopped selling it, and now sell it in the formula its in now. its not as beautiful as it used to be, in both the way it smells and the way it moisturizes. therefor i dont use it anymore. its fairly basic and boring and the scent is pretty run of the mill.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Rowdysmomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what Olay was thinking, but they had to go and ruin their products by changing the fragrances. If it's not broke don't fix it! All my favourite Olay products (including the body wash) seem to work the same as before, but the smells are so horrific I can't stand to use them anymore. Honestly Olay Body Wash was the only BW I have ever used that has improved the texture and hydration level of my skin. That's what makes it so sad that I won't use the stuff anymore due to the horrific smell. What happened to that wonderful kind of jasmine and rose-like floral smell Olay used to have? So soft and refreshing. Now it just smells cheap and chemical. I will wait patiently for the day when my wonderful Olay products return to a decent scent. I'm sorry Olay Body Wash I will miss you:(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

As I think about it, I don't think I have ever encountered an Olay body wash that I liked. Strange... as I generally like this line for their other products. I used a sample of the Complete body wash and do not feel compelled to ever come near the stuff again.

I think this would probably be a good body wash for those with sensitive skin who were looking for a very gentle cleanser. It is soap free, has a very light scent, and the lather is very gentle (almost barely there IMO) and rinses very clean.

Personally I like my body wash to have a little more scent than this had, a lot more lather than this had, and to certainly be much more moisturizing than this was. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2006 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my favorite body wash before they changed and reformulated it about 2 years ago. They took out the maleated soybean oil and put in Petrolateum. It no longer leaves my skin soft and smooth. Total bummer.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is for the normal skin body wash with the pink cap. Okay when you lather this up, it's nice and fluffy but then it starts to evaporate quickly! The scent is okay and it doesn't leave a greasy film like the dy skin versions but there are a lot better moisturizing body washes out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 3:49:00 PM More reviews by staci23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is just ok, that's it. I really can't stand the generic smell and I think that is what turns me off. I would prefer a soapy clean scent rather than some attempt at a fruity/floral aroma. It moisturizes decently and when used with a pouf, produces lots of lather. The price is nice, but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2005 12:30:00 AM More reviews by enchanted_garden

When I got this I thought I would love it but not so. The moisture level was okay but I didnt like the smell that much. I dont know whether they sell these anymore as I dont see them around anymore. Either way I wouldnt repurchase anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2005 8:33:00 PM More reviews by JeLoveDior

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this, I can't believe that I haven't review this yet, I am on the third big bottle of this. I don't mind the scent, it's very moisturing, I love how smooth my skin feel after shower. This is a great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2005 9:07:00 AM More reviews by kissacid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only wish this came in a pump bottle. Other than that, this is in my top rated HG body washes - along with Neutrogena's Rainbath, Crabtree & Evelyn's Jojoba Oil wash and the Original Source's whole range of shower gels. Fabulous stuff - it smells better than and works better than Dove for me. I find Dove to have a cloying scent and leaves a heavy emollient behind. The Olay moisturises just as well as Dove, but it rinses clean (I use Normal skin) and smells heavenly. The scent lasts well on my skin too. The soap version of this is the ONLY soap I can use, that doesn't irritate/dry me and doesn't aggravate my mild exczema.