December 22, 2014 | 997 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Passion

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Laquerednail

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really really like this perfume. It is definitely a casual perfume, light and floral, great for everyday wear. It is rather sweet, but I don't find it overly cloying. It is a little powdery, but the patchouli gives it a nice depth. I will definitely be looking for a bottle of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Passion by Annick Goutal, a fragrance released in the early 1980s, is a loud blast of spicy floral when sniffed strait from the bottle. During the opening, the white floral is tamed by oakmoss and something green and spicy (tomato leaf according to the note listing). When applied to the skin, however, Passion morphs into something entirely different, with a touch of musty smokiness confounding the senses. Finally, a previous reviewer called it out: floral incense sticks! Passion is a white floral with a timeless Bohemian elegance. Another reviewer pointed out that the floral note treads the line between tropical and seasonal; I think that is, right on, man.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by CerealKILLER

I love this fragrance. But not at first. The initial spray is harsh, almost bitter on the nose. Luckily for me this does not last long. I understand this to be a compilation of the tuberose and the tomato leaf. After about 15 minutes the harshness has faded and I am left with a wonderful heady floral just how I like them. I do not find the staying power that great for me. This lasts about 2 hours and then drops off hard to the point I can hardly smell it on me but I don't care. With a lovely fragrance like this I will take what I can get. If you love the older florals and you like them heady this might be for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by albinaalba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The question if I'd buy it again is so unfair:) I love this perfume, yet with so many I haven't tried (and I've tried a LOT 500+) and so many I want..It is intoxicatingly herbal, dry, yet rich and juicy. reminds me of Silences Jacomo(the real one - this is what I think of perfumes before re-launch). Great silleage and the fragrance lasts 4+ hours on me, which is remarkable for my scent-absorbing skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by UnBelleParfum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The opening is a burst of sweet, juicy florals in all the head-spinning glory that I’ve come to love from 80s perfumes. There is a solid mix of jasmine and tuberose that easily fills the room and a heft dose of Ylang-ylang that gives Passion an unmistakable warmth.

Amongst the sweetness of the white florals there is a bitter, prickly green note. The AG website lists tomato leaves as the green note and I can almost immediate sense this rough, herbal note amongst the flowers. Rather than feeling out-of-place this note perfectly balances the opulence of the jasmine and tuberose, giving it a much-needed roughness.

Passion mellows into a very soft, sweet floral with the barest hint of vanilla in the dry down. This shift is seamless and it’s almost as though Passion melds with the skin and becomes a part of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was apparently Annick's signature scent. I need to try this one again. While I really did love it in the past when I sampled it, I found it just a bit too sweeet. I think this would be a nice floral for fall/winter as I remember it being pretty full bodied. I just read that there's a little tomato leaf in this...interesting. Composition: Jasmine, tuberose, ylang-ylang, vanilla, tomato leaves, patchouli, oakmoss

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

I first found out about this scent years ago when I kept smelling it on people and I finally asked what it was. It is a heady strong perfume with great sillage. Although I love this scent, it is another one of those fragrances that wears you. It's a recognisable scent for sure and very beautiful . For the confident woman !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by thamelide

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Kinda weird scent. I didnŽt like it much at first but then it grew on me so much that now it has become one of my faves. You wonŽt smell like anyone else, youŽll smell like an eccentric, cosmopolitan, with a liking for good old vintage clothing from the roaring tweenties girl.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 12:09:00 PM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Passion is a sweet tuberose and jasmine blend on my skin, with maybe just a tiny amount of vanilla. It is a little too sweet for my liking and, although usually I love powder, here it is too dense - like warm cotton wool! It lasts 3-4 hours, staying close to the skin. There is nothing to dislike about this scent, but I don't find it in the same league as my Annick Goutal favourites, Songes and Ce Soir ou Jamais.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 2:42:00 AM More reviews by veruska

This is to me the most Parisian of all the Annick Goutal perfumes.It reminds me as an image, the romantic Gene Kelly-Leslie Caron dance on the banks of the river Siene on the great musical''AN AMERICAN IN PARIS''.Passion is definitely one of my favorites of AG.It's mostly a tuberose perfume heady and sweet with another floral note which i can't really pin down and a great vanilla ending.This is one of the more complex AG and it's not to be missed by floral lovers.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No