September 30, 2014 | 1909 users online

Candles - Archipelago Botanicals - Havana

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by salsacatblue

This one is my favorite. Woodsy, sexy and cozy. interstingly complex. Great throw too. I tried stone henge, and luna In this series but this one remains the best to me. I also had black forest but it had too much currants for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel disappointed with this candle. I so wanted to like it and my gripe isn't much to do with the scent which is quite unusual but lovely, certainly 3 to 4 stars. The problem is the wax itself. I don't know what it is made of (vegetable, soya, paraffin etc.) but it just burns terribly. Despite taking care to burn this in a draught free environment for 2-3 hours the first time the candle still tunnelled. I poured the excess wax out, checked the wick length and evened out the sides so I could start again but time after time it refuses to burn properly! Also the wax is impossible to wash off, it leaves a thick sticky residue on your hands should you accidentally get some on them whilst trying to care for your candle to ensure the cleanest burn possible. I have so many candles (honestly my husband despairs) and this one is the worst burner.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by sillytabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for the brand. This candle does not burn cleanly. In fact, you can see a black stream of smoke rising from the flame. Over time, these type of candles can darken the ceiling... believe me, I had to repaint my bathroom once because of this.

The scent is ..meh! Voluspa has much better candles for just a little more money. I think archipelago is expensive for the cheap quality of the candle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by phoebe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have only burned this candle once, but since then it has been sitting on my nightstand. Every night as I get into bed I wonder, "what is that wonderful scent?" I sniff my arm...okay, it's not me....I check the sheets...no, it's not fresh laundry...then I remember, "oh, it's this candle!" It is so warm, lush and cozy; so perfect to leave by the bedside, even unburned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by bloom290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this candle in the large twenty-one ounce glass container and I am now merging onto the half-way mark despite many hours of use. I'm a very frequent buyer of candles, always on the look out for a great scent, and Archipelago's Havana caught my attention immediately. I tend to migrate towards warm foody scents and this is a rather different sort. The primary notes are bergamot, tobacco, and ylang-ylang. This is the type of scent that you can imagine wafting through the dimly lit office of, say, a writer, reminiscent of an intellectual environment with a fireplace and shelves replete with books. The tobacco is evident but unobtrusive and soft, tempered by the accompanying scents. There is something very nice about Havana--it is masculine and strong, but these qualities seem more welcoming than intimidating. A warm, rich fragrance that would be best perceived during the colder months.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Havana is the Archipelago candle that triggered my love affair! Such a sweet, warm, cozy smell that I find appropriate for all seasons. In the cold, it's warming; in the warmer months it's sultry and exotic. The tobacco and bergamot are most prominant -- i don't get much of the ylang ylang -- and they meld to create an entirely new scent, reminiscent of both but dominated by neither. Everyone who has come into my apartment has commented on it. The only thing to be careful of is wick length: if the wick is even a hair too long, they do tend to throw a LOT of smoke. A trimmed wick throws no smoke at all, so it's a small dilligence for such wonderful fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by productjunkieinger

The Havana fragrance is one of my favorite in the line. Without even burning my pillars the scent fills a room.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2006 5:56:00 PM More reviews by houseofstone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

wonderful warm scent that diffuses well. the tobacco note is not overpowering - the bergamot makes it fresher than you might think. i have the travel tin and it's come in handy in some nasty hotel rooms!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2006 11:28:00 AM More reviews by modernnomad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful high quality candles in very sophisticated scents - this is my favorite candle brand! Havana has a very yummy tobacco and bergamont scent, and the aroma fills the room only a few minutes after you've lit the candle. Also, you can usually get some scent from the Archipelago Candles just by having them in the room - they dont' even have to be lit! These are the best, and well worth the few extra dollars. Beauty First usually has a good selection!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2005 1:19:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

"Havana" of course, smells like tobacco smoke. Not acrid at all, just soft and warm and mildly spicy. Great for Autumn weather. It's not overwhelming as the throw is not fabulous (as with other AB candles). Price was about 7 USD for a 6-inch pillar so not bad overall. Would repurchase.