April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Style Curl Scrunch Gel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG hair product! I am very "particular" about my hair, and I've been using this almost 3 years now. It's the best for adding LOTS of body to your hair, and you can style to curl or wave. This lasts in humidity and has major staying power without looking crunchy or overdone. You can brush it easily and doesn't build up in the hair after showers. I don't know what they put in it to make it work so well but it's definitely the best and I'm glad it's so cheap. I rub it over my hair when wet, and then blow dry it how I want to style it, and sometimes curl it. This is much better than mousse even if you're looking for a soft-curls-you can brush it then curl. *One thing however, when I was dying/bleaching my hair frequently and my hair was unhealthy, I found it wasn't really a good look, as this is semi-drying to give the hair fullness. Now that my hair is healthy again I went right back to this with a sigh of relief!! I hope they make this forever, and I'll keep buying this as long as they do! There is no replacement!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've tried this gel a few times now and haven't been too impressed. It did help give my hair a little curl but found it didn't last long even with hairspray. I did like how it didn't feel particularly heavy in my hair and the smell, like all Garnier products, was very fruity and pleasant. In any case, I probably won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using curl scrunch gel for the past 2 years, I have coarse and frizzy hair that is very long which makes it difficult to manage. This product gives me beautifully defined curls with zero frizz and it smells fruity fresh. What I love about it the most is that my hair looks super shiny and healthy! The hard part for me is keeping enough in stock so I don't run out! This is my HG hair product and it's dirt cheap so I buy 2 or 3 bottles at a time. I would highly recommend if you have thick/unruly hair because this gel is sort of heavy and might make your hair look weighed down of it is fine/thin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by lovele1

I had doubts about this product at the store, but I desperately needed some sprunching stuff for my hair after all the horrible reviews on the Aussie Sprunch Spray. This product did not scrunch my naturally straight hair at all, but maybe that was the problem, but I expected a little curl out of all of this and it didn't work. I gave this 3 out of 5 lippies solely on what it makes my hair feel and smell. My hair stayed super soft and anti-frizzy until I took my shower, and it smells amazingly fresh, clean, and some fruitness. It also kept my overnight curls anti-frizzy and smooth. No crunch or stickiness with this stuff. I like it. ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by mshin

I had high hopes for this product but in the end it did not work for me. I scrunched it in my straight, damp hair and tied it up. In the end, I got kind of heavy curls and I felt like I needed to wash my hair again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't really like this and am going to return it. On the plus side, it made my hair feel thicker (in a good way), the packaging is great because it's so easy to use, it's dirt cheap, and it smells absolutely AMAZING! Kind of like peaches or watermelon or some other fruity deliciousness. I want my hair to smell like this all the time.
Sadly, this just didn't really do anything for my curls. It made my hair look flat and stringy, with some spirals tightly wound and some bits straightened out completely. I also noticed that it has alcohol denat. which is like one of the worst things for hair. Back it goes. (Too bad, it smells so good!)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkieNut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is probably not the best thing to use in your curly hair. The first day I had it in, it looked fine, like any other gel really, but then as I continued to use it, I noticed it was making my hair really dried out. Kinda overpriced for the size and quality as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by arnaki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Terrible - absolutely no hold and it smells terrible. I tried cocktailing with other products but no luck. It went right in the trash!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by saraa321

I really wanted to love this product. I have very, very thick, dry hair that needs help in the texture department. I wanted a product that would give me beachy waves.

I hate this stuff. ): It made my hair dry, frizzy, and did absolutely nothing for enhancing my waves. My hair feels like straw, and it just looks dirty and unhealthy. I'm going to have to wash my hair again.
I sectioned off my hair since it's so thick, and scrunched the gel in. The more product I used, the drier and frizzier my hair became. On the plus side, the packaging is nice and it smells good.

If you have thick hair, don't bother trying it. However, if you have thin hair I guess it would be a good idea to give it a try-- it's only $3 at Target.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by XxMakeUpChickxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I like it works pretty well. I have think hair and I have to use a lot to make it work. I like the smell. but, It leaves the top of my hair really frizzy and ugly sometimes. I like it though. ( :