April 23, 2014 | 918 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - The Realness of Concealness Fake It Palette

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupfreek9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like benefit products, I find a lot of their products very practical and they have products for everyskin type and every problem you could ever encounter with your appearance. I liked the highbeam. I had purchased Highbeam before and it brightens your face and gives you a bit of a glow which is nice for the summer time or if you are going out. Ooh la lift was my favourite product because I tend to always look tired and worn out. After I apply a touch of Ooh la lift under both my eyes and seem to brighten right up. Personally, I was not a fan of lip plump. It just seemed like a fluffy concealer. I don't think it made my lips look any better or bigger! I use lemonade some times when desperate but, I find the product to be difficult to work with and makes my skin look yellow. My least favourite product in this "Mini fake-it kit" would be the Boi-ing. It seems like a good idea. Lot's of people need a heavy duty concealer for everyday coverage but, its too dark for my skintone. I have veryfair skin and I have no use for a product so dark !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit sure know how to make cute palettes.

This was my first purchase ever from benefit 5-6 years ago. As a young teenager I thought it was exciting and a great way to try out several products from a brand I'd never tried before.

The lip plump wasn't really remarkable and so was the ohh la lift. The best one is high beam because I had it for ages, even though the size is tiny, it really made my eyes look bright when applied to the inner corner. Last but not least I think lemon aid and boo-ing were so-so. They were kind of hard to blend.

I don't regret buying this, it really is a good idea to try out new products but the only product I liked was high beam

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

Pros:

Great way to sample all the products
High Beam is a nice highlighter
Ooh la Lift is a softer highlighter
Lemon Aid does neutralize
Boing covers well and is a great color

Cons:

Pricey for what you get
Ooh la Lift does not lift anything
The Boing shade will not work for everyone
Lemon Aid is a bit chalky
Boing can cake in lines
Lip Plumper is a liquid concealer that does not set -- not plumping. May be useful to tone down a dark or bright lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Elsii121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this palette as a gift and I LOVE it! I go to school all day and work ( Fashion Major) and looks are of high importance in this industry. Having this helps me get rid of all the makeup I would have to carry to quickly freshen up during 12 hour days! Here are my Pro's and Con's

Pro's:
* Easy to throw in purse or keep at desk at work to freshen up after lunch or after work
* Lemon-Aid for eye lids works nicely!
*Ooh La Lift- works for me, makes me look awake and bright
** High-lighter- pretty and I use it when I don't need "Ooh La Lift"
*Concealer- blends nicely and conceals!
*Lip primer - not a plumper, but works when I freshen up my lipstick

Con's:
I wish the palette would snap close. So I could snap it open and close ( but keeping it in the little box isn't such a big deal)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by rachelbobco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a sucker for to-go kits and adorable packaging, and this is cute as hell...but, for me, its just not so functional. I do like the boi-ing concealer quite a bit, but I already have a full sized one, and that's really the only thing I use consistently out of this. I thought it would be perfect to grab on the go, but its just not. Lemon-aid is weirdly yellow, the undereye stuff has no visible effect, and I greatly prefer moonbeam to highbeam, because of my warm skin tones... the lip primer is good, and I've used it when doing a dramatic lip thing, but I don't tend to do a dramatic red lippie when on the go.. this is a less helpful to-go kit than others they've made, for me at least...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by missygaga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

benefit always has adorable packaging- thats why I fall for their products usually. The cover up in this kit is amazing. I need heavy concealer, and this stuff covers up redness wonderfully. I rarely use the lip plump primer, hi lighter, or under eye brightener tubes. I don' t think the under eye cream does anything. The hi lighter is ok, I have used it in a larger bottle, and its just ok. My sister loves it. But I don't see that it does much with my complexion. I don't really know what to do with the lip plump primer. I used it once with my halloween costume to make my 'doll lips' stay on my lips longer. Worked just OK.
This is a nice little demo pack of what you may like from Benefit. Now I know that I love their concealer and I will just buy that next time. Not anything else in this kit.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by rachisbeautymarked

I went shopping the other day and picked up this palette and i really don't know why, its the worst 23 i've ever spent. I don't hate benefit or anything like that i just really don't see the point in the palette, I have know idea why I bought it but alas i cannot return it. Hopefully I will learn to stop impulse buying. Anyway back to palette

It contains in the smallest amounts physical possible for retail it think without them becoming a sample technically

-ooh la lift
- lip plump primer
- high beam
- lemon aid
- boi-ing 02

To start ooh la lift, is supposed to be a instant under eye brightner, i have yet to see this, i actually own a full size version of this as it was a gift or someone else didnt want it for some reason i can't remember but i remember i never use it just because it DOES NOTHING.

The lip primer is not too bad but if used everyday i reckon there'd be enough in this palette for a week tops. I tend not to need a lip primer so dont really rate it anyway and don't know too much about them but MAC prep and prime lip is so much better as primers go.

I love high beam almost as much as moon beam and its one of my favourite benefit products just again there isn't enough in this palette. It's a great highlighter from benefit although i am a fan of nars highlighters i do love this one almost as much.

Lemon Aid I HATE this concealer, it has a terrible cakey texture to it when i put it on my skin, i had a full size version at one point but either gave it away or binned it cause i just can't stand it. i don't know maybe it works for some people but i'm really not a fan at all. Some people must like it because they keep making and someone keeps buying it, but i just cant rate this .

Boi-ing now this isn't actually a bad concealer, its just not as could as MACs studio scuplt or finish concealers and i think that boiing is actually more expensive, i don't hate it i just don't love it that much either and definatly won't stray from MAC ever again

So overall this palette was a waste, the amounts are sample size but yet cost a combined 23 quid the price of a MAC concealer (full size) and full size lip primer too and you'd still have a bit spare also. I'm not sure why anyone would buy this maybe as a present, but i can definitely say your money could be better spent on a full size product.

The packaging kind of cool but like many palettes especially concealers etc. it gets a bit messy, does have a built in mirror which is a nice touch. Is made of cardboard not plastic which makes a nicer finish but it'll get messed up at the corners after a while.

I just am not happy with this palette at all, its expensive for what you get and the quality of some of the products are poor in comparisons to others out there

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by jennynm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great intro kit to anyone who hasn't tried any of these benefit products. It comes with
Boi-ing - an amaaazzing under eye concealer. It's so creamy and gives my eyes a nice lift. Only problem is the packaging of this kit is causing it to dry out a bit. I will most likely buy a jar of Boi-ing when this one runs out. Oh, and the color it comes with is a medium tone (I have very pale skin) so it's a little off which is annoying but it blends so nicely that it's basically unnoticeable.

Lemon aid - Love this! It's a yellow toned concealer meant for the top of the eye lids to conceal redness and discoloration and it totally WORKS! I use this when I want a natural look. I put this over the lid, usually put a sweep of eyeshadow over the crease and this works fine as a base.

Lip plump - It says (in the fine print) it's a LIP PRIMER not a LIP PLUMPER but the name.. "LIP PLUMP" is pretty deceptive. So as a lip primer it's very good. Lip plumper, not so much. This is basically just a nude matte dry shade to put on before your lipstick. I use it as a nude color. Would not repurchase but don't hate having it either.

Ooh la lift - USELESS. Throwing it away.

High beam - Fantastic. Much more subtle then I expected but I really really like it. It's basically an invisible shimmer cream that you put on areas you want to highlight. It's great on the cheekbones, brow bone, nose, and I even put it in the center of my forehead on occasion. Love it, would repurchase.

I hate the packaging of this kit. While I like and appreciate how compact it is, not sealing lemon aid and boi-ing is upsetting. They're both drying out already and I know they wont last thanks to the package. Also, I feel this kit is too expensive. I got it for $32 and I feel it's worth about $25. I wouldn't buy this kit again but I would buy the full versions of Boi-ing, lemon aid, and high beam.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by cbasilio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first Benefit product I ever owned. I love the cute packaging and have to admit, it's what enticed me to try the brand. It's quite handy, perfect to just throw into your bag, though if you're also bringing your foundation, lipstick, mascara, makeup brushes, and other makeup items (no, I don't see myself bringing just this kit alone), it does tend to get a bit bulky. As for the items included in the kit: the Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer was not my shade (I'm a MAC NC40 / EDM Olive Neutral) - it had too much pinkish undertones. And it offered too little coverage for my blemishes and dark spots, tending to disappear too quickly after being applied. It may have also caused some whiteheads and under-the-skin bumps after just one or two times' usage - I think it may be its oiliness. I don't care much for the Lip Plump either - and it's not a plumping product, but rather a primer, and unless you're going for a nude-lip look you do need a lipstick or lipgloss on top of it. Lemon Aid, on the other hand, I adore - a few dabs around my eyes make me look younger and refreshed. I use the Ooh La Lift under the eyes though I didn't observe any de-puffing action. And High Beam is a great subtle highlighter on the cheekbones, nose bridge, and brow bones. So that's 3 of the 5 products in the kit that I love. For $32 and given its size I don't think it's such a great value, though I did buy it for a way cheaper price in eBay. Overall, I like most of the items in it, and would just buy them individually rather than part of this set. (On a side note, I think the perfect Benefit kit for me would include: Benetint or Posietint, High Beam or Moon Beam, a Full or Silky Finish Lipstick or a Lipgloss, Lemon Aid, and Erase Paste - call it the Benefit All I'll Ever Need Kit!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by cjmar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great palette for concealing eye puffiness/circles and enhancing the lips and highlighting your face. I like every single item included in the box, and it's a great introduction to some of BeneFit's products. This product is currently up on the Benefit website for $24 under the "Buh-Buy's" section. Great value!