October 1, 2014 | 2003 users online

Foundations - Perfekt - Skin Perfection Gel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by jessdh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this stuff! I bought the per-fékt skin perfection gel at Beauty Brands for $48 dollars. I actually didn't realize it cost that much, because I was looking at the price of the concealer which is $28 dollars... But oh well, it turned out to be worth it! I'm on the hunt for the perfect primer, and I saw a few YouTube videos from beauty gurus who recommend BB creams as primers. This product seemed like the perfect BB/primer. It claims to "even skintone, minimize pores, control shine, reduce redness, smooth, prime, per-fékt". You get 1 fl. oz. and it comes in a blue squeeze tube, has a very light consistency, and trust me, a little goes a long way! You can purchase this product in several different shades, ( I got "luminous" which is the lightest, but there is also a translucent/colorless one) but when I put it on, I really see no color. It gives me no coverage whatsoever, but I wasn't really looking for much coverage, so that's OK with me. It DOES, however, blur imperfections, reduce redness, and mattify your skin. I used the Too Faced Primed and Poreless before I bought this, and it did a decent job.. But I wear a very heavy coverage foundation (Kat Von D Lock-It) and I need a primer to keep my foundation from settling into fine lines! The Primed and Poreless created a really nice canvas and kept my makeup in place all day, but I still noticed a bit of creasing around my nose and eyes. Well, then I bought the per-fékt gel, and the first day I used it, I loved it! It kept the creasing at bay, kept my makeup in place for hours, and kept me matte all day long! Wonderful! I'm going to keep looking because I'm forever searching for the "perfect products", but unless I find something WAY better, this will be my go-to primer :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Order this via Hautelook, and of course the wrong color was sent. I kept it anyways as in the summer I'm tan and the Radiant shade worked very well. I would say this is more of a tinted primer type of product. Applies smoothly, and does blur minor skin imperfections like shallow scars or larger pores. Just leaves a hint/tint of color.

I like to use this on my No makeup days just to make my skin appear more matte and smooth. I find this gel works great on top of my foundation daily.

Due to price I will not repurchase, but will definitely try to swap for this and the Luminous shade during the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Anieves19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Instant pore minimizer, improves texture, helps reduce redness and evens out the skin (if u buy with a hint of color of course), I love it but it is too expensive and the package doesnt quite help to maximize use, previous package left a significant amount of product unreachable! (I managed with a cutetip though). New package is not my friend either, loses good shape after some use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This really does transform my skin instantly. It's wonderful for "mattifying" over sunscreen. "Rich" works perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by puxa

I got persuaded to buy this by the salesgirl at Sephora who extolled its benefits and told me she was selling them like hotcakes. I loved the gel texture and the fact that the color didn't run. I used this over my SPF and it gives a fantastic end result. I use the Radiant and although it did look a bit dark once blended in it worked just right. I can't comment much on its staying power seeing my SPF 50 is quite rich, and while I agree that it doesn't give much coverage it has a translucent look that I love. It's quite expensive but I'll certainly repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by k2hope

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first want to mention that this is NOT a foundation, nor is it ment to be and its not advertised as such. It's called a "skin perfection gel" and it's described as a "multi-tasking, all in one, vitamin enriched, sweat and water resisitant skin profector. With other benefits like instantly smoothing, blurring imperfections like sun spots, acne scars and fine lines, also reducing pore size and redness, and vitamins for both long and short term environmental damage. I've only tried it a few times and maybe after a few more applications I will add another more educated review, but as of now I can only say that... itseems to blur imperfections like dark spots, some redness and acne scarring. It doesn't contain a sunscreen which would be really useful since its called a "all-in-one" and "multitaking". I basically wanted to let others know what this exactly is and what it claims to do. I mentioned it's not a foundation, the tinting is just a benefit, I'd say it's similar to a primer. It's lovely to use under foundation, it provides a smooth surface for application and gives full coverage when you use the two. If you're having a particularly nice and 'blemish-free' day I think it works nicely by itself. To conclude, give me a little more time and I will write an updated review on the other aspects of this pricey little "skin predictor". Hope I could help.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Lovechild67

I love this product! I'm 46 yrs old and I have combination skin. I love the way you can build the coverage ... I can get 4 months out of a bottle and I open it up when I can't get it to pump anymore and use a q-tip to get every bit out! Well worth the money.. I have olive skin and the color (RICH) is what I use... I've been using this for about 2 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I personally do not view this as a foundation. It seems to fall somewhere between a tinted primer and a tinted moisturizer, but is better than either of those on their own. I am a N1 in MAC and I'm able to use the shade Radiant. The color looks extreamly dark but it sheers out since you need so little product. The gel is very moisturizing but doesn't leave an overly dewy feel or look to the skin, just a natural finish. I use this on my "no makeup" days or as a primer under light foundations when I need more coverage. The gel seems to blur imperfections and even out skin tone. By no means does it make them go away but it does make them look better. For the most part my skin is problem free but I do get the odd patch of spots here and there so I just add concealer over top the gel on those days. Since my skin care routine has a SPF (Mary Kay TimeWise Miricale set normal/dry) I don't mind that it doesn't have an SPF. I find it makes it more versatile for me since I can use it day or night with no white cast from flash cameras. Over all for me, this product is great! I will repurchase.

WHO WOULD LIKE IT:
-Those with minor to no skin problems
-Those who like sheer coverage
-Beides as a primer
-Mature skin types
-very dry, dry, normal, and combination skin

WHO WOULD NOT LIKE IT:
-Those who like anything above sheer to sheer/light coverage
-Those who want SPF in all face products
-Those with oily to very oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by totallunasea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 44 years old and have uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation and acne scars with typically 1-2 blemishes 50% of the time. My mature skin needs coverage. I use this as a primer under Make Up Forever HD foundation. What a great combination for me. I am so pleased with the results. If I had less troubled skin I would wear it alone. It would make a great foundation for someone who needs minimal coverage. Love it, but agree with a previous review that says it would be helpful to have a clear bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by itslindsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very, very sheer foundation (more like a tinted primer). I only use it on its own when my skin is behaving; otherwise it's just not enough coverage. However, when my skin is already looking good then this product is great for just evening out my skin tone and blurring tiny blemishes and fine lines. It's super lightweight and non greasy too. It's a nice "my skin but better" type product that's good for everyday use.