September 2, 2014 | 1620 users online

Highlighters - Urban Decay - Flavoured Body Balm in Mai Tai

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have both Mai Tai and Pina Colada in these and got them really cheap off ebay, and being an absolute lover of Urban Decay anyway its needless to say I love both of these too. I love the smell of sweet things so I was pleasantly suprised by the gorgeous smell they have, you definitely don't need perfume on top of these. It gives a really nice sparkly dewy finish to your skin and for me they didn't feel too greasy or heavy just as long as you don't put too much on. Overall I'd definitely buy this product again and would recommend to people who like sweet things and smelling yummy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by hotmetalchicky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This adds a lovely golden sheen to the skin and is great in summer with a bit of a tan, it also feels very creamy and leaves skin feeling silky. I can't be bothered using the sponge I just scoop a bit out and smear it all over, I end up using quite a lot of product that way though. The smell is almost like marzipan though, very strong and sickly. I don't actually mind, as I like sweet scented things, but I have a friend who just can't bare it when I wear it. Same for the matching powder.

Great product, it lost 1 lippie due to the very strong scent.

Nice but not worth the RRP, i got it cheap on ebay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First off, I really like this smell. To me it sort of smells like almond cookies. I was apply this in the bathroom and my mom came in and said the same thing. This balm gives you red carpet skin for me, at least. I do tan and think this would look the best on tanned skin. This gives off a beautiful golden gleam/highlight look. Leaves beautiful soft golden shimmer on your skin too. I agree that it feels a little greasy but again it is a balm so its going to be a little heavy. I have a back up of this and I really like it. I wouldn't count on this as a heavy duty moisturizer just maybe a body cosmetic. I feel though, this is discounted? But can usually find it on ebay.

Update: I can see some people saying this does feel a little heavy on the skin. I did put a lot on though but it seems to have made my skin silky soft. Two people commented on how soft I was! Also, I asked a friend on what I smelled like and she said rocket candy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by mangolola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Urban Decay, but this one is kind of iffy.. if they had a "maybe" selection under the "would you buy again" question, i would have picked that. First off, the packaging is really cute. It is very functional, the sponge applicator is nice and big and round. It picks up a fair amount of product and disperses is nicely. There is a good amount of product (balm) that comes in the container too. The problem i have is with the smell. I purchased the Cosmopolitan one from Marshalls, i happened to be browsing through the purses to find a good catch and suddenly noticed this little Urban Decay jewel sitting on a shelf. I snatched that sucker up right quick - it was only 5 bucks! I think if i would have paid full price i would be dissapointed with it. I didnt smell it until i got home. It is a bit disturbing. Its a bit pungent, a wierd chemically slightly sweet fake fruity-citrus smell. It has a sort of fake alcohol scent to it too, a bit nasty. The balm itself is really nice looking on your skin. Its silky and smooth and a bit shimmery and looks really nice. It soaks into your skin and doesnt stay greasy. It leaves a nice shimmer. So over all i really like the effect the balm leaves on my skin, but the smell is similar to alcohol barf. :) sorry its what it reminds me of.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca893

I also got this at TJmaxx. I got the cosmopolitan and I honestly did not even really smell it before I bought it because it was only 3 dollars and the packaging was really cute. THEN I opened the jar. It smells disgusting! It almost smells like a cleaning product. Its greassy and doesnt even give off that much of a glimmer. This is definitley something that will sit on my counter and look cute, but never be used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this product at TJ Maxx which got me very excited! It smells great! I like to use it on my shoulders and collarbone because its a nice, subtle shimmer. Definitely allow the balm to act as your perfume, because it won't be pretty if they compete.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPandaPSC

Disgusting! It smells great in the pot. It's a very strong fruity scent, very sweet. It's gross on my skin - greasy (from the petroleum)... and the scent makes me queasy. It smells pickle-y on me. This is not a product you'll want to use in the summer - if ever

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by yyou

Very thin but sticky, pretty good shimmer with very fine particles of glitter, smells pretty gross- tastes even worse (its supposed to act as a flavored body balm)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Sour

I received this in Pina Colada as a GWP. I'm surprised at all the positive reviews got, I think its a horrifyingly gross product. This smells nothing like Pina Coladas... it smells more like bubble gum to me. And the shimmer? It hardly shows!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Elsbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this body balm/highlighter in Pina Colada it smells brilliant (just like the real thing which is lovely) and tastes really really good, they say it's good for kissing and licking and i have been told it is :) i love the sparkle as a highlighter on my legs/collarbone. the packaging is cute and hard wearing which is brilliant as this lasts so long. i'll miss this when it runs out and will be looking to buy the other flavors soon!