September 22, 2014 | 1919 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Herbal Essences COLORFLIRT mousse [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Me too, I found this product too late. It was in 2007 when I discovered it. I wanted to transition from blonde highlights to dark hair again, something plummy, so I got Plum Pucker. It was a purplish-black. I loved how it made my chin-length bob look, every edgy & chic. My favorite part about this color (besides the excellent color results & that it gradually washes out) was the low price ($6) & ease of application (mousse foam dollops fingered through damp clean hair, then rinse out). The worst part was my towels staining with tint after every shampoo as the color gradually washed out, but the haircolor stains always washed out of them in the laundry. An aesthetic remedy for that would be to just use a dark towel when dealing with wash-out hair dye. But anyway, only a few months after finding this fun color, it disappeared from store shelves. Oh well. Another good one bites the dust. I just don't understand why they keep doing this (discontinuing GOOD products). It came in a nice array of reddish & dark hues: blue-black, plum-black, cherry red, burgundy, bright auburn, even blonde (though I never saw it in the store). Great colors to play with. Although it was a wash-out dye, the black lasted quite a while in my porous hair. The fading was gradual enough to look natural, not embarrassing.
    Now I am buying whatever I can get on eBay......... I miss this stuff.
    UPDATE 1/26/10 -
    Found some leftover cans on eBay & snatched up a few cans in blonde (my hair is highlighted), plum & auburn. How stupid of Clairol to discontinue this fun, versatile & helpful product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Damn this product has really been out since like 2005? Where have I been... I thought it was still relatively new lol Apparently I fell in love too late, b/c I can't really find it anywhere anymore and Meijer (where I get it) has it clearanced but at least I can really stock up at $1.80 a box..which I have already done and will probably go back and get some more...because obviously...

I love this stuff. I was getting really bored with my current hair color but vowed that I would not touch the permanent stuff for a while b/c ummm...there was an incidence with using it too much...the ends of my hair turning green...and then losing a bunch of hair. Stupidity on my behalf, yes yes.

But this was no ammonia, no peroxide, and non permament...worth trying. The mousse is very rich and dense and easy to apply. A little messier than regular hair color. It smells great in terms of hair color. I did use the whole can on my head b/c the instructions indicated too, but for future use I won't be using the whole can b/c it is totally unnecessary for my hair type and length. I can definitely get 2 uses out of this instead of just one.

I left it on 30 minutes and rinsed it out. The instructions indicated no shampoo & conditioner needed. Shampoo..no, especially since you are supposed to apply to clean damp hair. But conditioner? Yes, it is needed.

The result is fantastic. I think I am a new convert of non permenant hair coloring b/c it is so gentle and I love how the color is so much more natural looking than permanent hair color. I used the burgundy shade and it left my hair looking so great...the color was a deeper brown with a burgundy glaze. Nothing like the freakish deep dark yet still bright purple/red shade when I tried burgundy permanent hair color.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2007 11:44:00 PM More reviews by PincurlsNPearls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to be a haircolor FREAK. I had done every naturally-occuring shade possible, blonde, brown, red... now I wanted to go black. I was terrified of using a permanent color kit, knowing full well how hard it is to reverse a dark shade back to my natural dark blonde via bleaching should I not like it. When this product came out, I was sooo excited.
    I purchased the black shade, and went to town. I LOVED the results! I had black hair, and I didn't look like a goth wanna-be!
    Now, with my original color being a dark blondeish shade, when the black started to fade I did notice that the color would have a greenish tint to it (as another reviewer also mentioned). This was basically my original color showing through the black. It didn't really bother me much, it just meant needed to color again. Because of this, I don't know how many washes it actually took to completely wash out.
    The only reason I stopped using it was that I wanted to go from this demi-permanent color to a more semi-permanant, so I used Clairol's Natural Instincts in a black shade. For whatever reason, that did NOT WASH OUT AT ALL, (most likely because I have processed hair, and the color clung to the rough cuticle too well). I had to go through a horrible bleaching process to get rid of it, which left me with Marliyn Monroe blonde hair.....
    Back to the point of the story, yes, I would buy this again. I would do it right now, as I have been wanting to try the spicy shimmer shade. The only think stopping me is that I am growing out the bleach blonde, so the bottom half of my hair is still bleached, and the top half is my natural dark blonde/light brown. I'm afraid how this color would look on my two toned hair! I'm sure the top half would look great, but the bottom half might end up pink or something, lol!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Chena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I mix this into my conditioner to boost the color. Makes the best color-depositing conditioner ever. I mix the batch right before I use it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Abbzxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is AMAZING. I used the Spicy Shimmer shade, and it gave me a beautiful spicy auburn color that makes me feel really cool and daring. I am most definitely buying this wonderful product again. A+++++++++

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2007 2:01:00 AM More reviews by beckaE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Out of all the haircolours I have used, this, surprisingly, has had one of the worst effects on my hair. I have bleached, dyed both permanent and semi, but with this product my hair was always oily looking yet felt dry and crunchy, and it seemed to fall out more than usual.

It was great for all my friends...but I would rather stick to permanent dyes. I like commitment hahaa..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by bethany117

I tried this color in Spicy Shimmer. I have light brown hair. The color change wasn't all that noticable, but it did make it a little darker, which looks really great, it's just not as much change as I expected. It smells good, it's easy to apply, and made my hair REALLY shiny and soft. I loved it. I can't wait to try another color, and see if I get more noticable color results. Will definately buy again though. Great product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2006 9:49:00 AM More reviews by auburn420

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a fun product! I like to change the tone of my hair (naturally a light auburn) and give it a little more depth. I usually use a permanent color but am not crazy about waiting for the color to tone down (I always end up with a deep brown for a few days). This was so easy to use due to the mousse can and gave it a lovely gloss and enhancing color (I used spicy shimmer). No idea how long it will last but it was a nice pick me up for a case of the winter blues.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2006 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Linz09933

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this color because i have the most boring brown hair and all my highlites are gone. so i tried it. It looked really good. it didnt really make a huge difference but enough to notice, which was what i wanted. i would definatley use it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2006 1:26:00 PM More reviews by B_Phlyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff was crap in a can for me. I followed the directions and everything, and my color came out great (I use Spicy Shimmer). I have naturally super dark brown hair, so I was just looking for it to stain my hair, which it did. But it made my hair hard as a brick! I couldn't even comb it. Also, the little gloves that came with the pack didn't do much because they kept slipping on my hands. And dye was everywhere. It says you can just style as usual when you're done, but that could have led to me being bald, how hard my hair was.