Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%, Inactive Ingredients: Alcohol Denat., Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Triethanolamine, Arginine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Symphytum Officinale Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Allantoin, Fragrance (Parfum). 6/11/09

on 3/10/2015 7:33:00 PM

This product is amazing. I've been looking for something along the lines of the Arcona Pads. While I love Arcona I wanted to try something different and have been reading and researching PTR Max Pads so I finally decided to give them a try.

I've been using PTR Max Complexion Pads for about 2 and half weeks and I absolutely love them! My only complaint is that since using them my skin has broken out in my chin area and on my forehead above my left eye. Not sure if its because this is the type of thing to bring out the dirt and girt and then it gets better but man, I'm beginning to doubt it a little. The rest of my skin feels amazing, softer to the touch and I noticed that the areas that aren't affected by the breakout seem to be smoother and remain so. I don't notice a sting while using the pads like everyone else says but even if I did I wouldn't mind it. The smell of peach bellini is a little overwhelming at first but not a huge deal to overlook. I usually use the pads after washing my face as a spot treatment on my problem areas (more so now with my chin and forehead), let it dry and then use a moisturizer. It is very drying. I may have to end up skipping a few days and see how my skin reacts then.

on 2/21/2015 7:09:00 AM

This product is magic. I use these twice a week and they ensure I do not get break outs. I also recommended them to my friend who has enlarged pores and the difference on her has been really remarkable, much more than me because my pore are quite well behaved. She is now more obsessed than I am and uses them ever day.
I use these before bed and do not wash off the product like the Mecca lady told me, it is fine, it deactivates on your face. then after 10 minutes I put a little light moisturier on. I wouldn't use these at the start of a day because they make my face feel a little sticky and I am not sure how that would work with make up.

on 12/9/2014 11:07:00 PM

I have very oily, sensitive skin. My breakouts have been horrible for the last years and worsening. I have been in many treatments including topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics, other topical and every over the counter out there. Anyway, problem is not getting better but I am a 39 year old sephora junkie with zits and a few wrinkles (not many thanks to good genes, a round face, and a little squirt of Botox ;))....I digress I purchased the wipes on a whim and pow! They are powerful but much to my surprise, they started to work within about 4 days. My active pimples are dried or drying and my oil production is way, way down. Blackheads and skin texture is hugely improved, wow!! I am already seeing an improvement in some old acne scars (superficial). Ok, just got my $20 sephora bonus and guess what mama is stocking up on? Thank you! Thank you!

on 11/30/2014 8:37:00 PM

I have seen the biggest change in my skin in a few uses. I have acne prone skin and just wanted something for a boost. Ive probably used the 5 times and my skin is literally perfection...... I cut them in half because the whole pad is too saturated. It faded acne scars and shrunk my pores. I am OBSESSED.

on 9/21/2014 4:30:00 PM

I bought the max strength ones of these as a cheaper alternative to the dr dennis gross alpha beta pads. Admittedly I should've known the max strength would irritate my skin but I used them anyway. Most of the time I used them my skin would become extremely flaky about 12-24 hours after I used them. I persisted, thinking my skin would settle, but it didn't. I don't normally like scented products but the scent of these was quite clever, working with the alcohol smell, they made it smell like a peach Bellini.

on 7/5/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have oily/acne prone skin with large pores and black heads. I bought this after deciding to experiment more with AHA products. I love and look forward to using it everyday. It definitely keeps my breakouts under control and makes my skin glow. This will be a staple in my skin care routine.

on 6/9/2014 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got a crazy acne flare up and oiliness I think due to an allergic reaction and this has really helped! My whiteheads are definitely dried out. I use them up to 3x per day, and they sting each time. The skin without acne looks amazing and is really smooth! It made some blackheads and and blocked pores easier to extract. This is by no means gentle, it's one of the most intense products I've ever used. I have hardy skin. It burns my eyes and makes my pimples itch up to like 20 minutes afterward, but it's worth it!

My skin also tends to dry out, and I've used it with some serums and my skin isn't overly dry, but dry enough for the pimples to start flaking off!

on 3/9/2014 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on a whim along with the AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel. The two prdoucts have the same 2 active ingredients. The main difference is that the gel version comes in a pump bottle and is fragrance free; the pads come in a jar and has a peach bellini scent. IMO I prefer pruducts that come in a bottle with a pump and I was expecting to prefer the gel version. I realized I much prefer the pads since I used them for two weeks straight and they helped clear up my skin more than the gel, which I think might be due to the exfoliating pads. The scent is pleasant although it smells a bit like alcohol. The pads do sting a bit when you use them, which I don't mind (there is no stinging with the gel). This would be my HG product if PTR was a cruelty free product. Since they are not I had to take one lippy off. I will try to find a cruelty free replacement, that has similiar ingredients and the same outcome with my skin.

on 11/23/2013 1:10:00 AM

I have never written a review in my life, but after having used this product consistently for just about a month now, I felt compelled to. I bought this product during a cosmetic binge at Sephora. At the time my skin was as it's worse. Now, I have always had good skin. I never had acne until I hit my 20's. Recently, I found it to be flair up more than usual. Everything I was using was either drying it out, irritating it, or just making it completely unbearable. My biggest skin problem has to be whiteheads. I get down down my cheek and even with the best makeup, the bumps are there and its looks, for lack of a better word, messy. I bought this product and within a few days of using them in the morning and in the evening, I noticed a vast improvement. My skin tone was leveling out, my skin didn't feel tight and any scarring I may have had from previous breakouts was starting to disappear. I've now been using them for a month and urge everyone to try them out. Not only do they work well without "overworking", they smell great and are gentle enough to be used daily. GET THEM.

on 11/13/2013 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This product is a god send. It helped get rid of all the acne and clogged pores on my face, while smoothing out the texture and dryness that my acne face wash left behind. I think the best way to use it is to gently pat it on your face focusing on the t-zone and any breakouts or dark marks. I use for a couple of minutes until the pad is dry. I wouldn't recommend cutting them in half because it would destroy (rust) the instrument you use, and damage the product. I use them once a day at night after my cleansing routine and it helps take off any residual makeup that is left behind. These pads have significantly helped with my breakouts and post acne marks. It gives you a fresh radiance and a youthful glow. I'd highly recommend! These last me about 2-3 months.

Popular Treatments (Face)