Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%, Inactive Ingredients: Alcohol Denat., Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Triethanolamine, Arginine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Symphytum Officinale Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Allantoin, Fragrance (Parfum). 6/11/09

on 7/6/2015 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using these for about 2 years now. I have sensitive/combination skin with mild acne since i'm in my late 20s. These REALLY help tone my skin and keep my skin clear most of the time. Any time I do get a zit around that time of the month, it dries it up pretty quickly. They are a little pricey but they are worth it! I wouldn't spend this much on them and for this long if they didn't work that well. They tend to dry out your skin more in the winter but I use moisturizer anyway to help with that. Give them a try! As long as you keep your receipt, you can return them to Ulta within 30 days.

on 5/5/2015 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

great product..I use with the buffing beads...and La Posay Effaclar K treatment. ...I love them!

on 3/30/2015 10:27:00 PM

Yesterday was my 5th night into this product and I must say I am more than impressed! I only get acne towards my 20s which I attribute it largely to my working enviroment (chemical manufacturing). Since then, I've been desperately trying to control the acnes. I've tried going to a derm but I decided to discontinue the products as I realized they contain steroids and might not be the best for my body. My acnes came back shortly after I stopped the products and due to some wrong usage of products, I started developing colorless bumps on my face. It made my makeup looked messy on my face and I felt that it magnified my imperfections even more with makeup. I was depressed and can't look at anyone in the eyes for longer than a minute. That was when I decided to give AHA-based products a try. I did my fair share of research and then headed to Sephora to have a look. That's when I decided I had to give this a shot.

I did not know of the gentle version of these pads as the Sephora I went to only carry the Max version and since I've done chemical peeling before, I didn't think that my skin is going to react violently to the Max version anyway.

I have been using this every night for 5 consecutive days, straight after I wash my face. I like that the pads have a textured side and a smooth side. U apply using the smooth side to your face and use the textured side to go across your face again cos exfoliation effect. I like it that any remnants of my make-up is being picked up by the pads. The smell in my opinion can be a bit strong. It's a mix of peach and strong alcohol smell. Can be a little overpowering but I guess it just takes some getting used to. It may sting a little but it didn't bother me. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and finish off with a good moisturizer. This is an important step as your skin might become overly dry.

For the first 2 days, I didn't see significant effect and I actually had 3-4 zits popping out but thereafter, I started seeing the colorless bumps on my face reducing in numbers and zits disappearing quick enough. The texture of my skin is definitely getting smoother and especially today when I applied foundation on my face, application was a breeze. Make-up glides on easier and I also realize my usage of concealer has decreased which is the result of a decrease in acne scars and blemishes.

I must say I am very pleased with it thus far and will continue to use it faithfully and update my review if need be.

At this point of time, I am just a little concerned on how well the bottle can keep the liquid if I had to throw it in my luggage during my travels. Read a few review about the poor design of the bottle. Thus I took out 1 lippie for it.

Price is not exactly the friendliest to your pocket but I think good skin is worth the price tag. I personally cut the pads into halves. Do remember to wipe clean the scissors after use to prevent any possible rusting due to the strong acid content. When you half it, you effectively double the number of pads from 60 to 120. That can last me for a good 4-month period.

on 3/10/2015 7:33:00 PM

This product is amazing. I've been looking for something along the lines of the Arcona Pads. While I love Arcona I wanted to try something different and have been reading and researching PTR Max Pads so I finally decided to give them a try.

I've been using PTR Max Complexion Pads for about 2 and half weeks and I absolutely love them! My only complaint is that since using them my skin has broken out in my chin area and on my forehead above my left eye. Not sure if its because this is the type of thing to bring out the dirt and girt and then it gets better but man, I'm beginning to doubt it a little. The rest of my skin feels amazing, softer to the touch and I noticed that the areas that aren't affected by the breakout seem to be smoother and remain so. I don't notice a sting while using the pads like everyone else says but even if I did I wouldn't mind it. The smell of peach bellini is a little overwhelming at first but not a huge deal to overlook. I usually use the pads after washing my face as a spot treatment on my problem areas (more so now with my chin and forehead), let it dry and then use a moisturizer. It is very drying. I may have to end up skipping a few days and see how my skin reacts then.

on 2/21/2015 7:09:00 AM

This product is magic. I use these twice a week and they ensure I do not get break outs. I also recommended them to my friend who has enlarged pores and the difference on her has been really remarkable, much more than me because my pore are quite well behaved. She is now more obsessed than I am and uses them ever day.
I use these before bed and do not wash off the product like the Mecca lady told me, it is fine, it deactivates on your face. then after 10 minutes I put a little light moisturier on. I wouldn't use these at the start of a day because they make my face feel a little sticky and I am not sure how that would work with make up.

on 12/9/2014 11:07:00 PM

I have very oily, sensitive skin. My breakouts have been horrible for the last years and worsening. I have been in many treatments including topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics, other topical and every over the counter out there. Anyway, problem is not getting better but I am a 39 year old sephora junkie with zits and a few wrinkles (not many thanks to good genes, a round face, and a little squirt of Botox ;))....I digress I purchased the wipes on a whim and pow! They are powerful but much to my surprise, they started to work within about 4 days. My active pimples are dried or drying and my oil production is way, way down. Blackheads and skin texture is hugely improved, wow!! I am already seeing an improvement in some old acne scars (superficial). Ok, just got my $20 sephora bonus and guess what mama is stocking up on? Thank you! Thank you!

on 11/30/2014 8:37:00 PM

I have seen the biggest change in my skin in a few uses. I have acne prone skin and just wanted something for a boost. Ive probably used the 5 times and my skin is literally perfection...... I cut them in half because the whole pad is too saturated. It faded acne scars and shrunk my pores. I am OBSESSED.

on 9/21/2014 4:30:00 PM

I bought the max strength ones of these as a cheaper alternative to the dr dennis gross alpha beta pads. Admittedly I should've known the max strength would irritate my skin but I used them anyway. Most of the time I used them my skin would become extremely flaky about 12-24 hours after I used them. I persisted, thinking my skin would settle, but it didn't. I don't normally like scented products but the scent of these was quite clever, working with the alcohol smell, they made it smell like a peach Bellini.

on 7/5/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have oily/acne prone skin with large pores and black heads. I bought this after deciding to experiment more with AHA products. I love and look forward to using it everyday. It definitely keeps my breakouts under control and makes my skin glow. This will be a staple in my skin care routine.

on 6/9/2014 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got a crazy acne flare up and oiliness I think due to an allergic reaction and this has really helped! My whiteheads are definitely dried out. I use them up to 3x per day, and they sting each time. The skin without acne looks amazing and is really smooth! It made some blackheads and and blocked pores easier to extract. This is by no means gentle, it's one of the most intense products I've ever used. I have hardy skin. It burns my eyes and makes my pimples itch up to like 20 minutes afterward, but it's worth it!

My skin also tends to dry out, and I've used it with some serums and my skin isn't overly dry, but dry enough for the pimples to start flaking off!

Popular Treatments (Face)