December 22, 2014 | 1802 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Max Complexion Correction Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by lauraricci

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very oily, sensitive skin. My breakouts have been horrible for the last years and worsening. I have been in many treatments including topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics, other topical and every over the counter out there. Anyway, problem is not getting better but I am a 39 year old sephora junkie with zits and a few wrinkles (not many thanks to good genes, a round face, and a little squirt of Botox ;))....I digress I purchased the wipes on a whim and pow! They are powerful but much to my surprise, they started to work within about 4 days. My active pimples are dried or drying and my oil production is way, way down. Blackheads and skin texture is hugely improved, wow!! I am already seeing an improvement in some old acne scars (superficial). Ok, just got my $20 sephora bonus and guess what mama is stocking up on? Thank you! Thank you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by xoxoNora

I have seen the biggest change in my skin in a few uses. I have acne prone skin and just wanted something for a boost. Ive probably used the 5 times and my skin is literally perfection...... I cut them in half because the whole pad is too saturated. It faded acne scars and shrunk my pores. I am OBSESSED.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Vanhusk

I bought the max strength ones of these as a cheaper alternative to the dr dennis gross alpha beta pads. Admittedly I should've known the max strength would irritate my skin but I used them anyway. Most of the time I used them my skin would become extremely flaky about 12-24 hours after I used them. I persisted, thinking my skin would settle, but it didn't. I don't normally like scented products but the scent of these was quite clever, working with the alcohol smell, they made it smell like a peach Bellini.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by dalilaha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily/acne prone skin with large pores and black heads. I bought this after deciding to experiment more with AHA products. I love and look forward to using it everyday. It definitely keeps my breakouts under control and makes my skin glow. This will be a staple in my skin care routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by eek42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a crazy acne flare up and oiliness I think due to an allergic reaction and this has really helped! My whiteheads are definitely dried out. I use them up to 3x per day, and they sting each time. The skin without acne looks amazing and is really smooth! It made some blackheads and and blocked pores easier to extract. This is by no means gentle, it's one of the most intense products I've ever used. I have hardy skin. It burns my eyes and makes my pimples itch up to like 20 minutes afterward, but it's worth it!

My skin also tends to dry out, and I've used it with some serums and my skin isn't overly dry, but dry enough for the pimples to start flaking off!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim along with the AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel. The two prdoucts have the same 2 active ingredients. The main difference is that the gel version comes in a pump bottle and is fragrance free; the pads come in a jar and has a peach bellini scent. IMO I prefer pruducts that come in a bottle with a pump and I was expecting to prefer the gel version. I realized I much prefer the pads since I used them for two weeks straight and they helped clear up my skin more than the gel, which I think might be due to the exfoliating pads. The scent is pleasant although it smells a bit like alcohol. The pads do sting a bit when you use them, which I don't mind (there is no stinging with the gel). This would be my HG product if PTR was a cruelty free product. Since they are not I had to take one lippy off. I will try to find a cruelty free replacement, that has similiar ingredients and the same outcome with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by bklinsky

I have never written a review in my life, but after having used this product consistently for just about a month now, I felt compelled to. I bought this product during a cosmetic binge at Sephora. At the time my skin was as it's worse. Now, I have always had good skin. I never had acne until I hit my 20's. Recently, I found it to be flair up more than usual. Everything I was using was either drying it out, irritating it, or just making it completely unbearable. My biggest skin problem has to be whiteheads. I get down down my cheek and even with the best makeup, the bumps are there and its looks, for lack of a better word, messy. I bought this product and within a few days of using them in the morning and in the evening, I noticed a vast improvement. My skin tone was leveling out, my skin didn't feel tight and any scarring I may have had from previous breakouts was starting to disappear. I've now been using them for a month and urge everyone to try them out. Not only do they work well without "overworking", they smell great and are gentle enough to be used daily. GET THEM.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is a god send. It helped get rid of all the acne and clogged pores on my face, while smoothing out the texture and dryness that my acne face wash left behind. I think the best way to use it is to gently pat it on your face focusing on the t-zone and any breakouts or dark marks. I use for a couple of minutes until the pad is dry. I wouldn't recommend cutting them in half because it would destroy (rust) the instrument you use, and damage the product. I use them once a day at night after my cleansing routine and it helps take off any residual makeup that is left behind. These pads have significantly helped with my breakouts and post acne marks. It gives you a fresh radiance and a youthful glow. I'd highly recommend! These last me about 2-3 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by selenium89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have dry sensitive skin and I don't have acne problems apart from the occasional pimple. I simply wanted to have a more even brighter skin tone and to get rid of the sun spots that I had acquired during the summer.
The lady at the counter suggested me this product and I bought it on a whim. It was quite an expensive purchase, which is not surprising as most cosmetics/skincare products are ridiculously priced in Australia.
I was very disappointed that this product immediately turned me red and caused an itching and burning sensation that would not diminish until I thoroughly washed it off my face. It just irritated and inflammed my skin to the point that it was unbearable to keep in on for long.
I can understand that this product may be better suited to individuals with oily skin, however, those with dry/sensitive skin should stay clear.
I will not be using this product on my face again, however, so that it doesn't go to waste I plan to use it on my arms and shoulders to try to fade my tan as I understand that it helps to encourage cell turnover and these areas of my body may be more tolerant to the harshness of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Stardrop00

Works great, helped dramatically improve my dark spots, it took me about 2 weeks of every other day applications to get used to how strong (it stung the first time and took a minute to feel relief) this was and start daily use at night before bed. My skin looks so good have been using this for months, although i do tend to use it less during the summer since it can dry me out, but switching to every other day seems to help. I will continue to use this product to improve the look and feel of my skin. Started using April 2012