July 29, 2014 | 1520 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Max Complexion Correction Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by dalilaha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily/acne prone skin with large pores and black heads. I bought this after deciding to experiment more with AHA products. I love and look forward to using it everyday. It definitely keeps my breakouts under control and makes my skin glow. This will be a staple in my skin care routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by eek42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a crazy acne flare up and oiliness I think due to an allergic reaction and this has really helped! My whiteheads are definitely dried out. I use them up to 3x per day, and they sting each time. The skin without acne looks amazing and is really smooth! It made some blackheads and and blocked pores easier to extract. This is by no means gentle, it's one of the most intense products I've ever used. I have hardy skin. It burns my eyes and makes my pimples itch up to like 20 minutes afterward, but it's worth it!

My skin also tends to dry out, and I've used it with some serums and my skin isn't overly dry, but dry enough for the pimples to start flaking off!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim along with the AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel. The two prdoucts have the same 2 active ingredients. The main difference is that the gel version comes in a pump bottle and is fragrance free; the pads come in a jar and has a peach bellini scent. IMO I prefer pruducts that come in a bottle with a pump and I was expecting to prefer the gel version. I realized I much prefer the pads since I used them for two weeks straight and they helped clear up my skin more than the gel, which I think might be due to the exfoliating pads. The scent is pleasant although it smells a bit like alcohol. The pads do sting a bit when you use them, which I don't mind (there is no stinging with the gel). This would be my HG product if PTR was a cruelty free product. Since they are not I had to take one lippy off. I will try to find a cruelty free replacement, that has similiar ingredients and the same outcome with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by bklinsky

I have never written a review in my life, but after having used this product consistently for just about a month now, I felt compelled to. I bought this product during a cosmetic binge at Sephora. At the time my skin was as it's worse. Now, I have always had good skin. I never had acne until I hit my 20's. Recently, I found it to be flair up more than usual. Everything I was using was either drying it out, irritating it, or just making it completely unbearable. My biggest skin problem has to be whiteheads. I get down down my cheek and even with the best makeup, the bumps are there and its looks, for lack of a better word, messy. I bought this product and within a few days of using them in the morning and in the evening, I noticed a vast improvement. My skin tone was leveling out, my skin didn't feel tight and any scarring I may have had from previous breakouts was starting to disappear. I've now been using them for a month and urge everyone to try them out. Not only do they work well without "overworking", they smell great and are gentle enough to be used daily. GET THEM.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is a god send. It helped get rid of all the acne and clogged pores on my face, while smoothing out the texture and dryness that my acne face wash left behind. I think the best way to use it is to gently pat it on your face focusing on the t-zone and any breakouts or dark marks. I use for a couple of minutes until the pad is dry. I wouldn't recommend cutting them in half because it would destroy (rust) the instrument you use, and damage the product. I use them once a day at night after my cleansing routine and it helps take off any residual makeup that is left behind. These pads have significantly helped with my breakouts and post acne marks. It gives you a fresh radiance and a youthful glow. I'd highly recommend! These last me about 2-3 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by selenium89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have dry sensitive skin and I don't have acne problems apart from the occasional pimple. I simply wanted to have a more even brighter skin tone and to get rid of the sun spots that I had acquired during the summer.
The lady at the counter suggested me this product and I bought it on a whim. It was quite an expensive purchase, which is not surprising as most cosmetics/skincare products are ridiculously priced in Australia.
I was very disappointed that this product immediately turned me red and caused an itching and burning sensation that would not diminish until I thoroughly washed it off my face. It just irritated and inflammed my skin to the point that it was unbearable to keep in on for long.
I can understand that this product may be better suited to individuals with oily skin, however, those with dry/sensitive skin should stay clear.
I will not be using this product on my face again, however, so that it doesn't go to waste I plan to use it on my arms and shoulders to try to fade my tan as I understand that it helps to encourage cell turnover and these areas of my body may be more tolerant to the harshness of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Stardrop00

Works great, helped dramatically improve my dark spots, it took me about 2 weeks of every other day applications to get used to how strong (it stung the first time and took a minute to feel relief) this was and start daily use at night before bed. My skin looks so good have been using this for months, although i do tend to use it less during the summer since it can dry me out, but switching to every other day seems to help. I will continue to use this product to improve the look and feel of my skin. Started using April 2012

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by wowGlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, extremely acne-prone but not sensitive skin. After using this consistently for 4 months (March-July), I can honestly say that this product works. I was recovering from a severe cystic acne bout that left me with the most horrible dark spots....I'd say about 25% of my face was 4 or 5 shades darker. Once the actual cystic acne had gone down it had taken about three months for the spots to fade from red to brown, and that was when i started using these pads. After 4 months the original marks are GONE, and new marks that came up after new breakouts faded very quickly. The trick is to use these as soon as a blemish/red mark appears, and use them DAILY; the change is so subtle that it took me a container and a half of these (about 3 months) before I looked in the mirror one morning and said "WOW." NOTHING is a miracle! It takes patience to see a difference. I use them at night, a full pad on my face neck, chest, arms, and shoulders (there's alot of product on these!) and in the morning my face feels smooth. It's not hard to remember to use these since they're in a convenient pad form in a nice little jar, like a facial wipe or toner (I didn't have the packaging issues of other reviewers). I'm almost at the bottom of my second container, and will most likely buy a third. Love these!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by therachaelyap

These pads have been a godsend so far. Oh, if only I'd purchased these sooner. I might've saved myself from some recent pitted scars and marks if I'd gotten these earlier.

I've been battling hormonal acne for three years now, and my breakouts are so in sync with my period, it's gotten to the point where its regularity has nearly become a point of pride with me. The only times my body has ever decided to break with tradition were 1) when I first started on doxycycline in March 2012 (and this brief ceasefire had lasted only two months, and the acne came back after I stopped the doxy) and 2) just last month, where I didn't break out from my period. AT ALL. Granted, I'm relatively new to this (just started using this in early June), and while I suppose there WAS a purging period (got a few pustules but nothing to cry about), since then, I haven't gotten ANY big zits at all. Not my forehead (which is nodular acne heaven), not my cheeks (another nodular acne go-to) - zilch. Sure, there are loads of PIHs and an assortment of shallow indented scars leftover, but my skin, for the first time in THREE years, is painful-pimple free.

This product isn't without its detractors though. For one, the packaging is pretty crappy. I brought this with me on a holiday and I put it in my makeup bag, only to find that the liquid contents of the bottle (which I didn't even knew existed) had spilled all over and everything now smelled like peaches and alcohol after I'd touched down. The price is pretty steep too; I got mine from Sephora in Singapore and it's 72 or 78 dollars(!!!), so wallet burn is definitely inevitable (for Singaporean buyers, if you're here)... Thirdly, the super high alcohol content (46%) would mean that the first 3-5 times you use this will BURN to the point of making your eyes water. The first time I used it had me fanning my cheeks and running around my house to distract myself from the burn, and I'm the kind of person that LIKES feeling the sting from pimple creams on pimples because it feels like its working. Oh, and it also made my cheeks super, duper red/pink for the next hour or two, so I'd advise against using this in the morning before you head out. Save it for the night when you can stay home and feel okay about having flaming red cheeks. Also, the drying nature of alcohol means that your face WILL flake. Yes, I have super oily skin and my cheeks still flaked because I thought I would be okay without moisturizer (big mistake). So if you do buy this, MAKE SURE TO USE MOISTURIZER AFTER. Oh, and I also have reaaaaalllly sensitive skin, and unless you count the initial breakout (which I suspect was my skin purging), I haven't broken out from this strong product, so it *could* be safe enough for sensitive skin.

But to me, the detractors are rather more like inconveniences and things you have to take extra caution with(aside from the wallet burn and the bad packaging). Ultimately, results are still the most important with me and if a little burn (both physical and wallet-induced) is what it takes, so be it. While I haven't seen much improvement in my PIHs, I will update this review if anything good/adversely bad happens. For now, my fingers shall remain crossed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by ac21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only product that has ever truly helped with my acne prone skin. I bought these in Australia and although they were fairly expensive they are worth every penny. Now I'm back in the UK and have just ordered online. Not only do they help with blemishes, they resurface my skin so it looks smoother and more radiant. Love them.