April 24, 2014 | 1859 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Lip Lacquer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own the dark pink the (fuschia) one, it's awesome, i use a akeup brush to put it on, because I don't want to getmy finger's all greassy and messy. I gives me this mysterious city (urban look) i baught it from sephora and most sephora items do rock

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Sanida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was way too gloopy and sticky for me...very very uncomfortable. Worst thing is it comes in a pot and you have to apply it with your fingers so not only do your lips get sticky, so do your fingers. Unless of course you can be bothered using a lip brush.

I bought it at Sephora when I was travelling in NYC and then a few years later when I mentioned it to an MUA at Mecca they said that this lip lacquer is used in photoshoots as it just doesn't budge. Not really for every day use or if you want to drink, or kiss someone. :P

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by katyeridao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i didn't like this lip lacquer at all, and i'm surprised to see so many good reviews! the product was extremely thick, heavy, and sticky, so i could feel it sitting on my lips like glue. when i smacked my my lips to distribute it, my lips were stuck together! i also didn't like the colors i got (chelsea girls, sweet charity) because they looked waaayyy too light, like an alien's lips.

i reallllyy wanted to like this product because i am very pleased with the pure matte lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

I love the colors of this gloss. I have Butterfield 8, which is discontinued -- it is a chocolate brown shade. I also love Sweet Charity and Chelsea Girls, which are very pretty.

The only drawbacks are 1. The smell...which I found to be a little off-putting and medicinal (I do not mind the lack of fragrance / waxy smell of NARS lipsticks and glosses -- this is different), and 2. It was sticky and difficult to apply and blend with my fingers - I definitely recommend using a brush. If this came in wand form, I would like it more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by justinestella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this product! i bought it in capucine and it gives a light wash of peach on my lips. it look like a very bright orange in the jar but comes out really natural. i've tried dozens and dozens of lip products and this comes out one of the top. the smell is unpleasant but fades quickly in my opinion, so no big deal. some would find it sticky but that suits me because i find that non-sticky products 'spread' and i end up with white gunk inside my lips, if u know what i mean.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by AussieNancy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG blush, I wear it everyday. I've had this blush for probably two years, and it's still not finished! Highly recommend it for a fool proof blush that gives you an instant lift. I always get compliments on on my 'glow' and I think it's because of this blush. Love it! Buy it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a disappointment. Firstly, very heavy and not moisturizing at all. Secondly, the color is gone shortly just leaving sticky lips afterwards. Thumbs down!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by artistculture

I love all Nars lip laquers. Staying power is awesome. Colors are awesome. My favorite is "Chelsea Girls" (the PERFECT opaque, light pinky-beigey-nude). It was the first Nars product I purchased 8 years ago, and what turned me into a Nars whore!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by ellyyang

I recieved this in a swap. The color is Capucine. I kind of like it. It's more glossy than lipstick, but thicker than lip gloss (thus stays longer than lip gloss). Capucine is a little bit too red on me, but it works out perfectly if I top it with a nude lip gloss. Actually, it tingles a tiny little bit. So, I think it also plumps the lips. I only give four lippies because it comes in a jar and it's a little bit inconvenient for touching up.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by jessjess1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Kind of hard to manage the pot - would not buy again - don't think it's worth the high price and it's weird to swap because it's so juicy and expoxed.